schweet deal on FK stuff - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Marketplace > Buy - Sell - Trade > Archive

Archive Archive of all expired Buy-Sell-Trade postings.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-16-2004, 12:03 AM   #1
whiteboyslo
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 180
What I Drive: 04 Pontiac GTO - Yellow M6

FF Reputation: 2 whiteboyslo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
schweet deal on FK stuff

hey-

hope i'm not stepping on any toes, but i wanted to let everyone know about this great deal on FK parts. i have their 35/40 kit, and love it!

http://forums.clubfocus.net/viewtopi...=199261#199261

Mike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2004, 04:14 AM   #2
NUIpIsqo
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 686
What I Drive: '03 TwiBlue Focus PZEV Stock

FF Reputation: 1 NUIpIsqo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
good post
Old 02-17-2004, 07:57 PM   #3
ScreaminSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3401
What I Drive: 03 Screaming Yellow SVT

Points 1,219, Level 19
Points: 1,219, Level: 19 Points: 1,219, Level: 19 Points: 1,219, Level: 19
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 ScreaminSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Re: schweet deal on FK stuff

Quote:
Originally posted by whiteboyslo
hey-

hope i'm not stepping on any toes, but i wanted to let everyone know about this great deal on FK parts. i have their 35/40 kit, and love it!

http://forums.clubfocus.net/viewtopi...=199261#199261

Mike
how many inches would that be?
    Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2004, 10:28 PM   #4
soonerman77
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91
What I Drive: 2000 Infrared SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 soonerman77 Good Standing Member
Using a little math we'll soon have an answer.

1 inch = 25.4 millimeters

25.4(x)= 35

1.377~1.4"

25.4(x)= 40

1.574~1.6"

So assuming that 35mm is for the front and 40mm is for the back we can say that the drop is approximately 1.4 in the front and 1.6 in the rear (inches).
Old 02-17-2004, 10:47 PM   #5
drewzx3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1213
What I Drive: silver 01 zx3

FF Reputation: 1 drewzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
are they good springs?
Old 02-17-2004, 11:39 PM   #6
soonerman77
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91
What I Drive: 2000 Infrared SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 soonerman77 Good Standing Member
I'd also like to know if they are good springs and what kind of warranty they have. Whiteboyslo I'd also like to know if you replaced your bumpstops when you got them or did you keep your stockers? Tell us about the ride and if you have a lot of noise coming from the suspension. I'm seriously considering getting these.
Old 02-18-2004, 02:51 AM   #7
whiteboyslo
Focus Fanatic

i didn't replace the bumpstops.

the springs are a progressive rate spring, which means you get a sporty but very manageable drive until you start to hit the corners. the quality on this stuff is top notch. it's TUV approved (german equiv. of DOT but with much higher standards) and comes with a lifetime warranty. FK is very well known among the euro crowd and is notorious for attention to detail when it comes to fitment. if you want more reviews on this setup, i highly recommend reading up over on clubfocus bc a lot of guys bought this setup over there.

the only real downside to this setup is that i find it a little too soft. the ride down the road is quite good, esp. on long trips. i've gone for 6+ hour rides between SLO and SD and have no pains or aches afterwards. downside to this kind of softness is that i find myself rubbing a little on REALLY hard corners. now, truth be told, i'm probably taking the corners too hard and the car's just trying to tell me something (i corner much faster now bc this suspension has inspired a lot of confidence). i'm planning on getting the eibach sway bars and the FK bars (the ones mentioned in this deal), and this should eliminate my problem entirely. this could also be beause my car is a zx5, which makes it a little heavier.

i'm working on getting a cardomain site built so that i may show off my car w/o having to use imagestation, so i hope to have pics for you guys sometime this week. in the meantime, here's a link to a post w/ old pics. http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...&threadid=3612

this is an incredible deal on some quality stuff! this isn't some ebay wannabe company. they're a great company to deal with. when i ordered my suspension, it was here in 3 business days and that's coming from canada!

now, one last thing i must mention: although this deal is good for anyone as long as they mention that they saw the deal on clubfocus, the purpose of this deal is to gain clubfocus some attention. i've been hanging around there a fair amount lately and everyone there is uber-cool and laid back. like i said before, i'm not trying to step on any toes whether they be Tom's or our sponsors, i just want to make everyone aware of some of the deals going on.

Mike

PS- just finished the cardomain site. just click on the "www" icon under any of my posts.

Last edited by whiteboyslo; 02-18-2004 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:33 PM   #8
awebb
Focus Addict

Fan#: 259
What I Drive: 2003 ZX3 Sangria Red

FF Reputation: 1 awebb Good Standing Member
I am very interested in this deal. Just out of curiosity, is there any need to replace the bumpstops? And what have some of the people that have this paid to have this installed. (Assuming that you didn't do it yourself?)

Speed: AEM Short Ram Intake, Focus Central Race Header, Custom 2.25" Header-Back Exhaust.

Looks: Red Shorty Antenna, Superblue headlights.
Old 02-20-2004, 11:10 AM   #9
whiteboyslo
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by awebb
I am very interested in this deal. Just out of curiosity, is there any need to replace the bumpstops? And what have some of the people that have this paid to have this installed. (Assuming that you didn't do it yourself?)
like i said, i didn't replace the bumpstops. maybe i should have. dunno. it was hard to tell bc all the instructions were in german! if you call FK north america (the number is on the bottom of the thread that i posted) they might be able to let you know. their customer service is awesome IMO.

as far as cost goes, it really depends. this job took me about 4 hours, but i was a complete newb to this stuff. i'd imagine you'd be looking in the ballpark of 2 hours worth of labor. actual price would depend on the shop's labor rate. this job is really easy, though. if you have some basic hand tools and about half a day to spare i would do it yourself because it is really easy. there is plenty of instructions floating all over this forum and on some vendor's websites, but if you'd like i can write the instructions out for you. the only specialty tools you need are: a spring compressor (available for rent at almost any parts store, or you could just take the old strut assembly and the new one to a shop and have them do this part), allen wrenches, and what i call a "drop-end" wrench. the drop-end wrench is needed only if you're going to swap the front struts yourself. you need it to get a good grip on the top bolt of the strut plate. all i mean by drop-end is that the wrench has a bend in it that drops the end about an inch or so which allows you to get into the plater assembly. i can take a pick and show you what i mean if you'd like.

Mike

PS- almost forgot. the guys over at clubfocus asked me to clarify one thing. this is kinda odd, but a 35/40 kit does NOT mean a 35 mm drop up front and a 40 mm drop in rear. it means that you can expect a drop between 35-40 mm all around. now, that part is not too screwy bc realistically all drop kits from the same company will vary in overall ride height, esp. with a progressive rate spring because the initial part of its compression is so soft. BUT, the 60/40 kit DOES mean an approximate drop of 60mm up front and 40mm in the rear. go figure to auote South Park: "What the [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]* is wrong with German people?" truth be told, a lot of people don't like the 60/40 kit because it leaves the ass up in the air. many have considered cutting the rear spring to remedy this. don't know if anyone has, though. again, calling FK north america abot any of this before you order can really help clarify anything that seams odd to you.

PPS- don't forget to mention that you saw the deal on clubfocus. you won't get the price break otherwise. getting ready to order up the stress bars any day now. just waiting for my tax return. woot!

Last edited by whiteboyslo; 02-20-2004 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-20-2004, 02:56 PM   #10
awebb
Focus Addict

Fan#: 259
What I Drive: 2003 ZX3 Sangria Red

FF Reputation: 1 awebb Good Standing Member
This is a good deal, I want to get them, but I only have about $400 to spend right now, and I'm waiting on a reply about a really good deal on a set of rims. Otherwise, I'm def. going to get them.

Speed: AEM Short Ram Intake, Focus Central Race Header, Custom 2.25" Header-Back Exhaust.

Looks: Red Shorty Antenna, Superblue headlights.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.