Question of mods on my zx3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-21-2006, 02:34 PM   #1
MattZX3
Detailing Freak

Fan#: 30258
What I Drive: 2012 Nero Black, Fiat 500 Sport

FF Reputation: 23 MattZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Question of mods on my zx3

Well, i have an 01 zx3, and i have a cia, and i did the foglight mod and the shorty antenna chop. can anyone reccommend any cheap mods i can do to make daily driving and throttle response better?

i am planning on replacing the front bumper with an svt bumper cover(depending on the cost to buy one),

and that brings another question... i was in an accident about a month ago, and i dented the front right fender, and cracked the bumper cover(about an inch crack) i also need to get a new upper grille and right headlamp... my next door neighbor knows a guy who owns a body shop, and will most likely charge me for the materials to paint it, but WILL NOT charge me a labor charge or any other stupid charges that shops normally do....

my question to all of you, is how much do you think a body shop owner will pay for a 1.)svt front bumper cover, including foglights and lower grille 2.) a right panel for a zx3 3.) svt upper grille 4.) right headlamp

i am short on cash, and i need to know how much ballpark all of these parts will cost.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2006, 05:52 PM   #2
MattZX3
Detailing Freak

ok.. anyone???
Old 01-22-2006, 09:34 AM   #3
Focus Racer S2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 14203
What I Drive: 2002 Egg Yolk Yellow ZX3 ATX

FF Reputation: 1 Focus Racer S2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
you should check out this website if you are looking for body parts from the SVT
www.fordracing.com
the sell the the SVT bumper as well as the accesories you need and you can check the pricing there.
<---<<Zetec Crew #66 / ATX Faction #21>>-->
To modify or not to modify ? ? ? That is the question right now ! ! !
Old 01-22-2006, 09:38 AM   #4
SuperFocusMan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 20307
What I Drive: 12 Cloud 9 White SEL

FF Reputation: 3 SuperFocusMan Good Standing Member
best place for svt fog lights will be, ebay. a new front bumper cover SVT Style will
set u back about 300 - 400 bucks. lights about 70 for the set, that should cover the cost
I could be mistaken though.
N/A Crew #2
Old 01-22-2006, 03:27 PM   #5
W~Phoenix~{RC}
FF Bouncer

Fan#: 11450
What I Drive: 2003 Silver Frost Sport Edition ATX

FF Reputation: 1 W~Phoenix~{RC} Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
Re: Question of mods on my zx3

Quote:
Well, i have an 01 zx3, and i have a cia, and i did the foglight mod and the shorty antenna chop. can anyone reccommend any cheap mods i can do to make daily driving and throttle response better?
For better throttle response, you could -Port Your Stock Throttle Body-, or you could buy an aftermarket TB from New Edge Performance, McNew's Automotive, or any other dealer/company that you like.

Here are a few How-To's for the "free" modifications you can do and for some of the really -cheap- modifications that are available. Though most of these don't deal with performance, I think that they are worth doing because they are completely or relatively FREE

Turn Signal Silence Mod
Upper Grille Light Delete Mod
Yellow Foglight Mod
Cling-On Tint How-To
Deactivate/Activate The Seat Belt Minder
Debadging
Interior Paint Prep
Interior Painting
Painting Engine Bay Pieces
Exterior Trim Painting
Improving Chassis Ground
Cabin Air Filter

Complete List of How-To's

Quote:
my question to all of you, is how much do you think a body shop owner will pay for a 1.)svt front bumper cover, including foglights and lower grille 2.) a right panel for a zx3 3.) svt upper grille 4.) right headlamp

i am short on cash, and i need to know how much ballpark all of these parts will cost.
For the parts, I would contact the folks at SVT Salvage, or Focus Salvage. Both are great companies to deal with for new and used parts for a very nice price. I'm not sure how much they would charge for the pieces you are looking for, but you could ask them

Cheers!
Old 01-22-2006, 06:23 PM   #6
MattZX3
Detailing Freak

thanks W~Phoenix~{RC}, well put, i appreciate all the insight...

Bookmarks & Social Networks