Focus-Power New Duratec Turbo kit Pics - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 04:53 PM   #1
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Focus-Power New Duratec Turbo kit Pics

We feel we are on our final install (kit has changes 3 times because of Diff things we saw on the dyno that we didnt like ) so she is on and close to being dynoed again , I hope to have numbers this week or early next we will have to see how some personal stuff goes this week.

I am pleased that we have been able to run a full 3 inch intake pipe to the turbo and keep the filter out of the engine bay in fact it is installed and you will have a hard time seeing it , I feel any filters in the engine bay using already heated intake air isnt a good thing , My filter will be located tip of filter to bottom of frame is about 2 inches so basicly even with the frame rail or you will have the option to place it inside the inner fender well where the Zetec kit is either way its still in a cool location for intake air and in the dry from sucking water

What i would like opinions on is how the MAF look, this will as allways now be a blow through MAF and is located right where it can be seen, i thought black hoses may look better , I also dont have the VERY SHARP 120Deg turn helping to create turbulance going into the intake , I tested both the 120Deg and mine on the flow bench and it sure does not like the sharp turn that close to the TB and into the intake , The straighter one like i went with flowed MUCH better we will see what it shows on the dyno now it is one of the things i changed

This is a full intercooled kit and is in a Roush so the IC was a pain because of the front bumper

The manifold is also being made of cast and i should have a fitment one in 3 weeks to OK and go into production with. It will be a tubular cast not a log

I have worked very hard on keeping this kit very clean and stealth like under the hood , Opinions there as well

This kit also as you can see has External WG.

2.5 Exh with an option for 3 on the Duratec

Many Options on the turbo

So give me opinions on what you think of where the MAF is and looks and what ever else you see good or bad

It is NOT CARB and no price as of yet

Tom

Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2006, 05:07 PM   #2
FPLF0043
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 16726
What I Drive: 2005 ZX4 SES, ATX

FF Reputation: 1 FPLF0043 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I personally think that looks very good. The way the motor sits, with exhaust out the back instead of the front helps in the sleeper look at distance and first glance. Very impressive.....there is hope yet. Now I just have to get the lentech Auto to hold the power.

I think the kit looks good so far. I can't wait to see a dyno of it. But I am wondering if you have more pictures of the piping from the turbo to the IC and such. Thankx

-- James

Old 01-16-2006, 05:12 PM   #3
focusin
FF Cleaning Squad

Fan#: 4322
What I Drive: All Focus' sold

FF Reputation: 63 focusin Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Wow!!!

I love how its basicly hidden, I guess the MAF looks fine. Just make the hoses black to hide the kit better and you will be set.
GumpCrew #1 (dismantled)

Old 01-16-2006, 05:14 PM   #4
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Sure i will get some of the IC piping later for you

Tom

Customer Support

Elder 1turbofocus

Old 01-16-2006, 05:29 PM   #5
dwdgsi03
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2298
What I Drive: 2000 Midship Runabout

FF Reputation: 1 dwdgsi03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I think the header design look very nice, but for some reason the intake piping/couplers give it an "unfinished" look. Do you plan on using that design in the final product?

Old 01-16-2006, 05:36 PM   #6
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally posted by dwdgsi03
, but for some reason the intake piping/couplers give it an "unfinished" look. Do you plan on using that design in the final product?
Thats what i was talking about with the MAF and how it looked , I do think going to Black hoses would look a little better than the Blue

Tom

Customer Support

Elder 1turbofocus

Old 01-16-2006, 05:43 PM   #7
blkZX32005
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26857
What I Drive: 2014 Focus Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 blkZX32005 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
will it ever be CARB approved?
FS CAI, Custom Eyelids, Silver star head lights and turns, FC Strut Bar, OBX stainless exhaust, blue interior LED's LED tail light bulbs, gold 17" Kyowa race wheels with nitto neogen tires......more to come....

Old 01-16-2006, 05:48 PM   #8
03OrangeSVT
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
If it was me.....

Black couplers, paint/powder coat the MAF tube AND turbo manifold black as well.... then even at a good look it would blend in very well and give the "sleeper" look... actually it would almost look stock.

Good Job

EDIT: I also agree with the straight shot for the MAF, looks better and performs better.
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]

Old 01-16-2006, 06:58 PM   #9
Evan_Murphy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1286
What I Drive: SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Evan_Murphy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
sooooo how about some new pics of the SVT kit, you site hasn't been updated in a loooong time. now that you've got the means...i guess

Old 01-16-2006, 08:20 PM   #10
crazymechanic
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12900
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 crazymechanic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I agree with 03OrangeSVT, paint/powdercoat the MAF, but I would even see if you can make the MAF integral to that piping. I'm not sure if your intake plumbing is the same material as your MAF housing, but if so, I would try to make it one pipe, unless that causes problems during install. definitely go with black hoses though and paint/powdercoat the MAF

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks