totally confused - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-03-2006, 04:49 AM   #1
smokethebear_280
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 23312
What I Drive: 2004 Liquid Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 smokethebear_280 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
totally confused

okay...

i've been searching through past threads for days now, and i'm totally stuck. i want to upgrade my suspension, and i've looked at very many options, even came close to buying a couple, but whenever i'm ready to make a purchase, i hear that this is bouncy, that is way too stiff, etc. some examples;

i love how the cup kit looks, and people have told me that there really is no scraping, bounciness (if that's a word), but that the springs are way too soft for the lowering (huh??)

i like how the pro kit is suposedly comfy, but i hear that it can be overly bouncy on certain roads (a bouncy ride is a hellish ride, if you ask me)

i hear that linear springs are too stiff, but arent the stock focus springs linear? (pretty soft to me) then i hear that progressive springs are comfy, but isnt the stiff riding eibach sportline setup very stiff??

and most everyone says that koni shocks are the best on the market, but they're kinda expensive, and that agx's are just decent, even they're adjustable as well

you can probably see my point about the confusion, but this is what i want..

1. a very noticeable improvement in cornering ability
2. a somewhat comfy ride, considering that there probably will be some ride degradation
3. a cost of no more than 500-600 dollars (hopefully less, but whatever)
4. NO BOUNCE (quite important)

i know that i've rambled on for a while, and i really do appreciate any help i can get here...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2006, 10:10 AM   #2
smokethebear_280
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 23312
What I Drive: 2004 Liquid Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 smokethebear_280 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
nothing at all???
Old 01-03-2006, 10:27 AM   #3
bigal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21961
What I Drive: 2005 CD Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 bigal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Very simply put. I have had the Eibach prokit and it is good but now that I have the Koni Sport kit there is no comparison. $599.00 from Tony D at www.newedgeperformance.com. You will not be disappointed and it solves all of your above problems,
Old 01-03-2006, 05:36 PM   #4
Foci_Fosho
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 5736
What I Drive: 2003 White zx3 2.3L

FF Reputation: 16 Foci_Fosho Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
If I were going to purchase a new suspension to try out the Koni sport kit as bigal mentioned. Koni's are known for the best dampeners (shocks/struts)

It's mostly the shocks and struts that are responsible for the bounciness, or rebound.... so don't cheap out on those, get some kyb agx or koni's...
Old 01-03-2006, 05:51 PM   #5
jaimz
my car breaks!

Fan#: 23734
What I Drive: 02 silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 jaimz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
if you want a REALLY nice suspension get tein dampers and coilovers, then for about $250 more you can get an eletronic dampaning adjuster, that means if it's too bouncey you can stiffen it up, or if it's too stiff you can unstiffen it all right from the drivers seat. not to mention you can have presets!

i'd say the $1350 for a brand new adjustable set is a real good price, thats for dampers and coilover, then it's actually $380 for the electronic part,

here's their website http://www.tein.com/ford.html

if your wanting to spend no more than $600 your putting a big limit on yourself, why don't you just put that $600 in the bank and save up till you get enough for something you can show off :)

Bookmarks & Social Networks