2005 Aux Adapter Install - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-22-2005, 05:51 AM   #1
SMCamarillo
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 17899
FF Reputation: 1 SMCamarillo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2005 Aux Adapter Install

Morning Ya'll....

I got my P.I.E aux adapter yesterday and installed it approximately 20 minutes! That was the easiest thing I've ever installed.

For the 12V power and ground, I went right to the terminals on the male side of the cig. lighter plug. No cutting, soldering, splicing,....

In order to use both my Sat. radio and iPod, I bought two Y connectors from Radio Shack for about $3 each.

After listening to my Sirus radio via 88.1 FM for the past year, I am very pleased with the sound and simplicity of the P.I.E adapter. Although I had a bit of sticker shock when I saw the price, I figured it was worth the money considering the price of the iPod and Sirius equipment/monthly subscription.

If any of you have questions about the install and/or how I ran the cords, please ask!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2005, 07:18 AM   #2
rangers305
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 23566
What I Drive: 202 Car

FF Reputation: 1 rangers305 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
which deck do u have in you car?
Old 09-22-2005, 07:25 AM   #3
SMCamarillo
Focus Rookie

I have the six-disc in dash changer w/ audiophile
Old 09-23-2005, 02:37 AM   #4
pzevfloord140
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 22040
What I Drive: 2005 Pitch Black ST

FF Reputation: 1 pzevfloord140 Good Standing Member
hey SMCamarillo, i have the same cd changer in my focus and i want to hook-up my ipod....if you have time would you be able to explain to me what adapter you bought and how to install it....im pretty handy with all this stuff so you can explain in big boy terms....thanks for your time man!!
Old 09-23-2005, 02:50 PM   #5
rangers305
Focus Enthusiast

yeah i need some help with that also...just got my ipod yesterday and i wanna put in my car, if u could help me also b/c i didnt think u could hook it up with the audiophile 6-cd changer

Thanks
Old 09-23-2005, 06:31 PM   #6
SMCamarillo
Focus Rookie

OK.... I'll do my best explaining what I did.

After ordering this part - http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piefrd04aux.html - I removed my radio and disconnected the wiring harnesses. I then plugged the aux adapter into the radio and plugged the other wiring harnesses back into the radio as well. With everything tucked away and/or accessible, I put the radio back in the dash. I bought two RCA Y adapters from Radio Shack for about $8 total. I plugged one into each RCA input on the aux adapter and then ran the RCA audio cables from my iPod and Sirius radio to the aux adapter.

To supply 12V power and ground to the aux adapter, I removed the orange plug from the back of the cig. lighter. That exposes the male ends of two electrical connectors. Both of those connectors have small holes in them. I threaded the power and the ground wires through the small holes in the connectors and then reconnected the orange plug that actually contains the females ends for the connectors. When reseating the plug, I carefully applied enough force to get the plug back on but not to allow the aux adapter wires to get all F'd up.

I hope that helps. I should have taken pictures, but I actually starting installing this around 7:20 pm and it was plenty dark by the time I finished. You can also refer to these threads....

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...threadid=58836
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...threadid=59651
Old 09-24-2005, 01:34 AM   #7
pzevfloord140
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 22040
What I Drive: 2005 Pitch Black ST

FF Reputation: 1 pzevfloord140 Good Standing Member
right on thank you so much man!! you said you hooked up your sirus radio too, if i only plan to hook up my ipod is there something differnt to buy at radio shack?? thanks for your time!!
Old 09-24-2005, 03:35 AM   #8
SMCamarillo
Focus Rookie

If you only want to hook up an iPod, then you will need a RCA cable that has an audio out (or headphone) connector at the other end. The RCA jacks will go to the adapter and the audio out will plug into the iPod headphone jack.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:32 AM   #9
rangers305
Focus Enthusiast

and then when i turn on the ipod it plays right through the stereo, and the deck works the same correct? did u have to get a special tool to pop the deck out?
Old 09-24-2005, 03:57 PM   #10
SMCamarillo
Focus Rookie

No special tools required to remove the deck. With a small flathead screw driver, pop off the plastic around the deck and the hvac dials. Once that is off, there are four screws that hold the deck in. You have to use a pretty small socket to remove them... not a philips or flathead screwdriver... I can't remember the socket size.

To activate the iPod, you press the AUX button on the deck. If you have the stereo without the aux button, then this won't work for you.

Bookmarks & Social Networks