HOW-TO: SVT IMRC DSI Intake Manifold Upgrade FOR ZETEC!!!! - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-30-2005, 07:46 AM   #31
CDSilver5DoorSVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2262
What I Drive: Waiting For The Cobras Point By....

FF Reputation: 13 CDSilver5DoorSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (39)
That's one thing that was a concern to us when we first did the intake swap 2 years ago, that's why we opted to go vaccum operated on our cars......the computer only sends a 5 volt pulse to the controller on an SVT........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2005, 08:30 AM   #32
sc0tty8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 27536
What I Drive: 2k3 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 sc0tty8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by v6focus
That's one thing that was a concern to us when we first did the intake swap 2 years ago, that's why we opted to go vaccum operated on our cars......the computer only sends a 5 volt pulse to the controller on an SVT........
A 5v pulse to switch the runners?

I am sure there is a way to step down the voltage, depending on draw, it could be as simple as some resistors, but, nothin is that easy. I have seen in JC whitney that have step downs to step down 12v to 6v, 6v would be more friendly on a 5v input unit.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:37 AM   #33
CDSilver5DoorSVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2262
What I Drive: Waiting For The Cobras Point By....

FF Reputation: 13 CDSilver5DoorSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (39)
It's still a constant feed VS a pulse feed OEM.......if it isn't a 12v motor in that thing, it's only a matter of time before she's fried.........
Old 12-30-2005, 08:40 AM   #34
sc0tty8
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by v6focus
It's still a constant feed VS a pulse feed OEM.......if it isn't a 12v motor in that thing, it's only a matter of time before she's fried.........
How did you do the vac setup? I guess I would rather have reliability over performance.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:09 AM   #35
ztecpower
Focus Addict

Fan#: 20083
What I Drive: 2002 Infra-red Ford Focus ZTS-S2

FF Reputation: 5 ztecpower Good Standing Member
I just had an Idea...... You could have your chip turn the "Shift light" On the guages on at the Predeturmined 5000-5500 RPM's And hook a signal wire up to the light and then shoot it to a relay, switching on the DSI motor...... What would be wrong with that ? Plus it's cheaper and you don't have a box taking up space in the glove box.
What are your guys thoughts ?
So what your saying is that a PULSED (1 time 5v after pre deturmined RPM) Is sent to the DSI box to turn it on, And when it reaches Below the Pre deturmined RPM it again sends another 5v Pulse (1 time) ??
You can use resistors to accomplish the 5v but I don't know about the Momentary pulse.......

Troy.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:41 AM   #36
sc0tty8
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by ztecpower
I just had an Idea...... You could have your chip turn the "Shift light" On the guages on at the Predeturmined 5000-5500 RPM's And hook a signal wire up to the light and then shoot it to a relay, switching on the DSI motor...... What would be wrong with that ? Plus it's cheaper and you don't have a box taking up space in the glove box.
What are your guys thoughts ?
So what your saying is that a PULSED (1 time 5v after pre deturmined RPM) Is sent to the DSI box to turn it on, And when it reaches Below the Pre deturmined RPM it again sends another 5v Pulse (1 time) ??
You can use resistors to accomplish the 5v but I don't know about the Momentary pulse.......

Troy.
I think the shift like is vacuum acuated. Besides, I don't want to tear into my dash.

I am interested in how v6focus did his, I know on the 4.2L v6, 3.8 v6, and, on the show, they used vacuum to change the runner legnths.

I am guessing a pulse activated/de-activated the runners, but, if your running 12v to the runners, the power source is on or off

I don't know, but, either way, I am going to do the swap.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:07 PM   #37
sleeping_focus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 27653
What I Drive: 2001 Cd Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 sleeping_focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
hey focus salvage send me a pm I need may need your number
Old 12-31-2005, 07:52 AM   #38
deckzx5
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 6134
What I Drive: ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 deckzx5 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by ztecpower
I now Have All The parts, I'm Gonna do mine With the stock IAC / TPS, and Stock Alternator braket (I'll Just cut it), I will also be using LONG runners untill I can get the MSD Box So I'm sure I'll still see a gain. I'll let you know how it goes, GREAT Write up guys ! I'll Post pictures of My install as well and The Places you need to cut the Stock Alternator Bracket to make it fit.
The install begins this Saturday.....

Troy.
FYI. I tried to use the stock ZETEC IAC with the SVT manifold, but it idled at ~ 3000 rpm. I put the SVT IAC and it worked fine. Don't ask me why. It took me 3 or 4 days before I figured it out. So, make sure you access to an SVT IAC in case your stocker doesn't work right.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:49 PM   #39
sleeping_focus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 27653
What I Drive: 2001 Cd Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 sleeping_focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
yes like wise
Old 01-14-2006, 09:02 PM   #40
focituner
Focus Addict

Fan#: 628
What I Drive: 2004 ZX3 2.3 (DKG1)

FF Reputation: 1 focituner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
All of these parts can be picked up at SVT Salvage.

Update: I am getting about 300 a tank 70% highway Untuned.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->