HOW-TO: SVT IMRC DSI Intake Manifold Upgrade FOR ZETEC!!!! - Page 10 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-05-2006, 12:23 AM   #91
focituner
Focus Addict

Fan#: 628
What I Drive: 2004 ZX3 2.3 (DKG1)

FF Reputation: 1 focituner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
As for dynos no, but I have been trying to talk to hypnotic, finally gave up after 4 weeks. I do have a stock tune with an egr delete from mcnews (awesome and quick service), without runnin rich from egr cel, there is definitely power to be unleashed. and feels real nice.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2006, 01:10 PM   #92
deckzx5
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 6134
What I Drive: ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 deckzx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ok, I have the pigtail harness that fits my IMRC. The wires are all black and there are no numbers on the harness. Can anyone take a picture of theirs? Or can you tell me how the numbers are on it? For example 1,2,3 top of plug going from left to right?

Last edited by deckzx5; 05-05-2006 at 01:17 PM.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:23 PM   #93
focituner
Focus Addict

Ok, update,

Before doing any tuning I strongly (MUST) recommend that you have the tuner you are working with send you a stock tune with just an EGR Delete. Because when you are running a CEL from having no EGR you ecu compensates by sending more fuel and adjusting timing. Once you have this tune I would recommend doing data logging for any performance adjustments. That way when you have the tuner make your tune it will not throw your whole car out of whack from running on the cel to having proper mapping of fuel and timing. I am currently running a with just a stock tune and EGR delete and I am completely amazed at how much of a difference my car is with just the EGR Delete. I will update later when I have more info.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:27 PM   #94
sc0tty8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 27536
What I Drive: 2k3 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 sc0tty8 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by deckzx5
Ok, I have the pigtail harness that fits my IMRC. The wires are all black and there are no numbers on the harness. Can anyone take a picture of theirs? Or can you tell me how the numbers are on it? For example 1,2,3 top of plug going from left to right?
Pin 1=BK/WH IMRC module control
Pin 2=GN/WH Power hold relay output
Pin 3=Ground
Pin 4=Not used

On mine, pin 3/4 is gorunded, pin 2 went the the window switch, and, pin 1 was ran to a relay with the red wire from the window switch.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:08 PM   #95
focituner
Focus Addict

Update:

I have been gunning the shit out of my focus (feels real nice). I mean heavy pedal and OD off all week. I am getting 225 (rough) a tank ALL city mileage. That is with just an EGR delete and a stock tune running 87 octane. It feels real nice I must say. I am in the midsts of trying to find and exceptable range for the Rpm switch with the new parameters set up. Lovin it from ignition to locking the door at the end of the day.

More to come.....
Old 05-27-2006, 10:41 AM   #96
Smoe
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 9071
What I Drive: 2000 Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Smoe Good Standing Member
Does anyone have a better pic, or better description of where to mount the IMRC? I got a 00 focus so i know im going to need to drill it, just trying to figure out where
Old 06-24-2006, 05:56 AM   #97
speedfrk
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 36377
FF Reputation: 1 speedfrk Good Standing Member
5v pulse or 12v

To answer everyones questions about the voltage to the IMRC control box. I work for ford as an electrical tech and am installing this intake setup on my ZX2 and found that it is a 12volt ground switched setup . the setup shown on here should work just fine the only thing diffrent is it has been changed to be a positive switched setup. On the svt it is switched on by a ground signal from the pcm .
Old 06-24-2006, 07:57 AM   #98
sc0tty8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 27536
What I Drive: 2k3 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 sc0tty8 Good Standing Member
Re: 5v pulse or 12v

Quote:
Originally posted by speedfrk
To answer everyones questions about the voltage to the IMRC control box. I work for ford as an electrical tech and am installing this intake setup on my ZX2 and found that it is a 12volt ground switched setup . the setup shown on here should work just fine the only thing diffrent is it has been changed to be a positive switched setup. On the svt it is switched on by a ground signal from the pcm .
So 12v is fine? My IMRC box gets pretty damn hot...
Old 06-24-2006, 03:23 PM   #99
speedfrk
Focus Rookie

Yes . The 12v wire you are switching on and off usually has 12v constant . the wire you are hooking to the ground side of msd switch grey is usually grounded to activate the IMRC. I am a electrical tech for ford . TRUST me I have checked into this for my self . I didnt feel like burning up IMRC boxes on my project and would have opted to setup a different method for switching this if it was necessary! So your GOOD . You could setup a relay to ground switch it and leave the 12v wire as constant with key on. this would be exactly how fords is. BUT I dont think that anything is wrong with how you have it setup . It will work fine . maybe even better . yours may actually give it a rest with 12v switching on and off ?
Old 06-29-2006, 01:23 AM   #100
speedfrk
Focus Rookie

Ok Update: From what I can see after recieving my msd rpm window switch . Im not sure your switch is even working correctly Scotty8 . You need to wire the 12v red wire from msd switch to an igtion 12v key on pwr source , and also the same for the IMRC grn\wht wire. then use one of the two ground switched wires from msd to activate it . the grey wire is grounded constant and removes ground at a given rpm . The yellow wire is open and will ground the circuit at a given rpm. I havent wired it up to test the IMRC yet so am not sure the proper way to wire it . Once I have worked out all the detials I will try to draw up a diagram and post it! Hope this helps .

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.