Focus 2.0L Zetec Against GT 4.6L Mustang... Who will win - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-23-2005, 09:28 PM   #51
03OrangeSVT
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
260hp and 302tq in bone stock trim and around 3400lbs

lets see more than double the hp and almost triple the tq of a ZX3 ...... and 15whp of bolt ons and a 75 shot.... which will be somewhere around 55ish whp...... there still alot of room to make up. Even a GT with the ATX can run 14's stock.
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]

Last edited by 03OrangeSVT; 12-23-2005 at 09:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2005, 10:02 PM   #52
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 9775
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver ZX3, 1993 Coral Reef Blue 5.0 LX Coupe Mustang, 2005 Windveil Blue V6 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 kenpokid Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally posted by thefrush
I ran my Mom's Benz 420SEL against an 05 GT at the track, bone stock he ran a 13.1, that's just what I'm basing my times off of. I doubt that guy was any kind of professional driver, seemed like your average dude out to have some fun with his Stang.

s'all good.
i never said profressional...you dont need to be a profressional to shift your car perfectly down the quarter. But most people don't know or don't want to do powershifting, so most people will run the slower times.

And 03OrangeSVT: with the driver it would be around 3600 then...and depending on if the 75 shot is wet or dry or if it has a bottle warmer will determine the hp from the shot. You could get 70 horse from a wet shot with a bottle warmer...maybe even a dry shot w/ bottle warmer. that would put the focus around 200+ flywheel hp...good enough to run 14s with. It would hang with the GT with 75 shot + some bolt ons...if it had a 100 shot or cams and head, it would prolly beat it, but not by much.

Maybe someone should just do it and see their time...I volunteer! lol..
Old 12-23-2005, 10:30 PM   #53
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Memberviney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
It is the same old arguement...I have a good friend at work with a 91 civic hatch with a mild turbo in a B18ls swap.. About 240 HP to the wheels.. Mean little car. it weighs nothing and pulls like a freight train ( once it stops spinning the tires ). It will eat any stock or mildly modded mustang around...

The guy with the mustang invests half as much as the guy with the focus or honda and the mustang still wins.

YES you can beat a mustang with a turboed focus...no doubt, what about the guy making 500-600 HP in his modded blown stang??? 500-600 HP in a stang isn't hard 400 HP is easy..
Old 12-24-2005, 12:02 AM   #54
PNKschizm
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 29881
What I Drive: 2000 Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 PNKschizm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Pre-Race warm up

Well we lined up today. Actually with some cute driving tactics i can keep up. (thank you drafting). He likes to kick his ass end out when he hits it on the line so it gives me a lil boost. Plus he doesn't power shift at all. Now here we get interesting, We ran to quarters and 1 circuit down an old abandoned area. On the straight line runs he eats me alive on the circuit i made him look like a fool. Plus i'm good at causing him to get distracted, it took a flare and some fancy maneuvers, but i got him to slow down lol. Now on a strip where i can't do that, He has home court advantage horribly. Oh yea ate three civics alive today :). Made 100 bucks off one to. Yea i've seen those pieces of shit honda's rollin with turbo's. Most of the guys in them can't drive or have blown something out. I wish i raced for pinks because he had a turbo V6 accord that shoulda stomped me and i beat him by about three car lengths thanks to misshifting and his [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] not being able to drive. But on to what i'm saying. On a strip its gonna take a lot to beat him but if i take him on my turf, the road, it won't take as much because he panics to much. U can't win a race hittin your breaks.plus he is cocky he says after i do what i want with the engine 1500 dollars down on the race. And i told him i would match him flat :). I just found my buddy who has the beast to. 900 hp Mach 1. Wonder what my friend would do if i pulled that up and said hey u like my new car lets hit the strip lol. But yea whats the feedback on this one. Should i take it on his turf and just wait a while and humiliate him there or do a little more and take him on mine and humiliate him easily.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:29 AM   #55
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver ZX3, 1993 Coral Reef Blue 5.0 LX Coupe Mustang, 2005 Windveil Blue V6 Mustang

I am going to let others address YOUR philosophy on your turf...I think I have said my peace about that..
Old 12-24-2005, 02:16 PM   #56
mustanggt_50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 13592
What I Drive: 2002 Supercharged Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 mustanggt_50 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by kenpokid
In darn near perfect conditions...are you sure you arnt thinking of an 05 GT? I am pretty sure a pre 2005 GT would only run high 13s with a gear change or awesome driver or awesome driver + awesome conditions. Other than that, the average driver can barely get past mid 14s. 260 hp and 300 ft/lbs of torque + a 3700 pound car with the driver = not very fast.

Ive saw the 05's go mid 13's stock and pre 05's go high 13's stock.... The problem with the pre 05's is most people dont know how to drive them. In order to pull off a good time, you need a good 60ft time. I have never drove a 3v so I cant say much about how they like to be driven, but the 2v's require some rpm and clutch slippage out of the gate to nail a good time. (old fox bodies, just a bit over idle and they rip, way more low end tq) It takes good driving, but a lot of people can do it if they practice. Ive also watched pre 05 autos running lower then 14.5. Basically, the cars are capable, drivers necessarily arent!
Old 12-24-2005, 05:42 PM   #57
03OrangeSVT
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Well the best way I can explain how the new 3v runs...... it feels like a big block ... very impressive.
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]
Old 12-24-2005, 07:02 PM   #58
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

yes, the 3-valves are a big improvement over the 2-valves...gotta love having VCT on a mustang
Old 12-24-2005, 10:54 PM   #59
PNKschizm
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 29881
What I Drive: 2000 Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 PNKschizm Good Standing Member
Lol :)

Well hmm what do u guys think i raced him and kept up. probably about 3 to 4 car lengths back. What do you guys think i should do. i've heard everything from F/I to all the bolt ons. So tell me what the final decision is lol. Oh ya a duratec engine stroked to a 3.0 Liter... This could be an interesting task. I don't know if its possible but i'm gonna stroke it as far as i can.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:56 PM   #60
Logan175
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 22323
What I Drive: The focus got torched now we have a 3 series BMW

FF Reputation: 1 Logan175 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i would say to stroke

Bookmarks & Social Networks