Focus 2.0L Zetec Against GT 4.6L Mustang... Who will win - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-23-2005, 02:58 AM   #41
BCESVT1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 25298
What I Drive: 2004 Mustang Mach 1

FF Reputation: 1 BCESVT1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by PNKschizm
Thx vinny but any idiot can make a V8 go fast. It takes some talent and patience to make a straight line four do the same. lol. Plus the 5.0 Might be lighter but the 4.6 has more rear end torque and a lil bit more horsepower. Kinda odd considering its a 282 block (didn't know ford even made one like that lol). Screw the 331 if i'm goin big its 460 Twin turbo'd. fully bored and stroked. Talk about mean your lookin at a drag car. Whoever thought of the idea for wheelie bars better have one hell of a pair for that haha.
All it takes to make any car go fast is money. If you've got the money, it doesn't matter how smart you are because you can pay someone to do everything for you.

Last edited by BCESVT1; 12-24-2005 at 05:49 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2005, 09:02 AM   #42
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 9775
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver ZX3, 1993 Coral Reef Blue 5.0 LX Coupe Mustang, 2005 Windveil Blue V6 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 kenpokid Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
^^^very true...
...and judging by your age, I don't know how you are going to make enough money with any job unless you are making $25+ an hour. Or else it would take forever for you to get enough money to beat him, and by that time he would have prolly have modded his car. And no, a 331 stroker from a 302 single cam will have more torque than a 282. Your best bet and cheapest way would be turbo.

There is a reason why you don't hear about people stroking and boring the zetec, it isnt worth it in the long run.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:36 AM   #43
PNKschizm
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 29881
What I Drive: 2000 Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 PNKschizm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hmm I will shoot for N/A

F/I is last resort right now, and job wise i can make the money. I have a buddy that helps me do all the work and i'm looking for a reasonable shop right now but the money isnt a huge problem right now. No i'm stuck with the ATX man. I want a manual but the four doors were hard as hell to find in em. Well how much does the V8 conversion kit cost?

Oh about about the 331 stroker from a 302. Yes i know the 331 would have more torque than a 282, but the 282 sadly out performs the 302 in torque. How... Your guess is probably better than mine.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:14 AM   #44
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver ZX3, 1993 Coral Reef Blue 5.0 LX Coupe Mustang, 2005 Windveil Blue V6 Mustang

Re: Hmm I will shoot for N/A

Quote:
Originally posted by PNKschizm
F/I is last resort right now, and job wise i can make the money. I have a buddy that helps me do all the work and i'm looking for a reasonable shop right now but the money isnt a huge problem right now. No i'm stuck with the ATX man. I want a manual but the four doors were hard as hell to find in em. Well how much does the V8 conversion kit cost?

Oh about about the 331 stroker from a 302. Yes i know the 331 would have more torque than a 282, but the 282 sadly out performs the 302 in torque. How... Your guess is probably better than mine.
it out performs the 302 because it has one more cam and more valves...the 302 has a pushrod setup. The 302 can still be modded to be faster than a modded 2-valve 4.6. Now if it were the 4-valve 4.6 Mach1 motor...mmmm, it would be a different story. Those motors are probably the best motor ford made for the mustang without a blower.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:50 AM   #45
03OrangeSVT
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally posted by kenpokid
[B

There is a reason why you don't hear about people stroking and boring the zetec, it isnt worth it in the long run. [/B]
Thats NOT true, until very recently the only people who made a stroker kit was Crower and it was WAY overpriced and you had to wait 4 months for a finished product.

NOW you can get stroker kits from Tom for the 2.0 zetec 2.0 and 2.3 duratec's in short block form for around 3500.

The potential of a turbo'd and stroked 2.0 is OVER 450whp.
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]
Old 12-23-2005, 12:28 PM   #46
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by 03OrangeSVT
Thats NOT true, until very recently the only people who made a stroker kit was Crower and it was WAY overpriced and you had to wait 4 months for a finished product.

NOW you can get stroker kits from Tom for the 2.0 zetec 2.0 and 2.3 duratec's in short block form for around 3500.

The potential of a turbo'd and stroked 2.0 is OVER 450whp.
I thought the crower kit had been around for a year or so.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:24 PM   #47
03OrangeSVT
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Thats what I said.. until recently only Crower made stroker kits for the Zetec and they were WAY overpriced and took forever to get

from their web page
-------------------------------------------
Crower billet stroker crank (any desired stroke within reason).
Crower billet stroker rods. Custom length w/Maxi-Light stroker design.
JE custom pistons. Modified pin boss for longer rod, specify compression (9:1 - 14+:1) & bore size.
Premium, H-11 tool steel pins, gapless rings, locks, spacers.
Works with factory rod and main bearings.
Crower internal balancing for drop in installation.

Cost: $3976.12 w/billet crank (50% deposit required). Allow 16-18 weeks delivery
-----------------------------------------------------------------

You can get that PLUS a new machined block cheaper from Tom
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]
Old 12-23-2005, 02:00 PM   #48
Hypnotic
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17757
What I Drive: 02 Black SVTF with an 04 heart

FF Reputation: 1 Hypnotic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (27)
My 2001 ZX3 with all the bolt ons (if you consider stage 2 cams, all the standard add on parts and p/p head in the bolt ons list) and a 75 shot, on drag radials with the lakewood kit and complete suspension ran 13.70s. Thats enough to beat a bone stock GT. But, if he gets on some drag radials and even half knows how to drive, you will get smoked. Sorry, but there really is no replacement for displacement in this scenario.

FI will get it done, but it would be suggested to get the short block done, and then slap the boost to it.

SVT Squad #109
Old 12-23-2005, 08:05 PM   #49
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by thefrush
O RLY? Last I heard they ran high 13's to low 14's.
In darn near perfect conditions...are you sure you arnt thinking of an 05 GT? I am pretty sure a pre 2005 GT would only run high 13s with a gear change or awesome driver or awesome driver + awesome conditions. Other than that, the average driver can barely get past mid 14s. 260 hp and 300 ft/lbs of torque + a 3700 pound car with the driver = not very fast.

Quote:

Got something in your eye?
wats your problem frushy? you got something in your eye??? I am so sick of the sarcasm, it isn't even funny anymore. And you didn't just do it with me, you do it all the time...
Old 12-23-2005, 08:10 PM   #50
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Nope, 05 GT's run low 13's.

I'm a sarcastic person bro, I just thought it was funny you had so many winking smilies in your post, sheesh. Sorry for cracking a joke.
like I said before about conditions...05 GTs run low 13s in perfect conditions and below sea level with a good driver...I know you are, so am I...I just wasnt ready for it, sorry for getting mad

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.