TRACK: Autocross 12/18/2005 Hialeah Park, FL - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Autocross Racing

Autocross Racing The place to discuss information about autocross stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-21-2005, 12:27 AM   #11
Oni
Oh yeah!

Fan#: 24899
What I Drive: An unloved Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Oni Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Try something like www.photobucket.com

I use that to keep most of my images fairly high-resolution, and you're not limited on your space (well, I haven't used it up yet). You might post up some of your pictures on there (maybe scale down to 1024 or 1280 pixels).

First time is always the most fun. That's before you try and get competitive! Be sure to check out the thread I made requesting pictures for racers and the like.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...threadid=69208
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985
Born: 04/25/2003

formerly known as the member ilcowil
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2005, 07:38 AM   #12
wesley
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 8750
What I Drive: 2004 Liquid Grey Metallic ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 wesley Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
If you guys would like to see the results, go to http://autox.carlc.com, click on the Results tab on the left, and then go to the results for December 18th, Hialeah Park.

Last edited by wesley; 12-21-2005 at 11:38 AM.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:28 AM   #13
MyBlackST
Capital Obvious

Fan#: 11768
What I Drive: 2008 Redfire Metallic Fusion

FF Reputation: 1 MyBlackST Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
they didn't make you have your class on your car? Nice pics though..

ST Crew #3
TEAM DURATEC # 7
Old 01-04-2006, 10:20 PM   #14
FSP Focus ZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 30771
What I Drive: 2004 White ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 FSP Focus ZX3 Good Standing Member
Hey man! I would have run my focus on that particular Auto-X but I found 4 bubbles in the inside of my rear tire. Good deal, I didn't know anyone else from that Auto-X (ER Racing) was in here.

Next time will exchange notes and figure out a good way to beat the crap out of everybody in our repsective classes.
Michael Delaney: Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

- Le Mans (1971)
Old 01-04-2006, 10:43 PM   #15
FSP Focus ZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Carrera26
Gotta be fun to be within 1.5 seconds of a Skyline GTR in a Zetec sedan...

You guys have some NICE stuff out there racing. I think the combined value of your Super Stock and A Stock would buy every car in my region... twice.
You feel great when you just whip up on a Skyline GTR, Vette, Viper, Lotus Elise, and a few 911's. The problem is that alot of the guys that own those cars just aren't used to driving them aggressively. By nature, our Foci' have to be driven harder just to have a similar result in basically normal everyday driving. When you drive any of the cars listed above hard, your heart's in your throat until you let off. At least, that's been my experience.

The car's that impress me the most, besides those evil Miata's are the S2000s. When a guy is driving one of those just the right way, it's a beautiful thing.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:18 PM   #16
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
Yeah, I know what you mean. What's the friggin point of coming out to a race and dogging it? It sure isn't going to impress anybody...
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...
Old 01-05-2006, 03:36 PM   #17
wesley
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 8750
What I Drive: 2004 Liquid Grey Metallic ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 wesley Good Standing Member
My first run was the most impressive - I regained control from what could have been a total spin out. I still missed a cone though, so that run didn't count. But I could hear the screams of all my friends as I went through the finishing gate.

I improved each time in all of the other runs, but there weren't any incidents, and so they were boring to watch by comparison.

I did better than a few people, so for the first time it was pretty exciting. Point to note is that most of those people I beat simply didn't place: Corvette runs into bushes at first run, mangles his paint job (and I suppose his dignity). That M3 apparently didn't stay on course for a single run.....

This isn't even (supposed to be) a vigorously competitive tournament. You go out, you test your skills with your car, see what it can do, and how well you do it. It's almost sad to see all these people with high performance, fast as hell cars, and they can't control it enough to finish a 1 minute course. On the flip side, like just like FSP said, it's a real sight to behold when you see these professional drivers in a really nice car, just manhandling the course. Almost as fun to watch as spinning out like a noob.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:23 PM   #18
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
^^^It's one of those things that's a fun time on the weekend for some, and deadly competitive for others. I would have to put myself in the competitive camp by now...

You also succintly summed up my opinion about a lot of high-performance cars with
Quote:
It's almost sad to see all these people with high performance, fast as hell cars, and they can't control it enough to finish a 1 minute course.
I'd much rather have a car I can squeeze nearly all the performance out of than one that looks faster on the internet.
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...
Old 01-05-2006, 06:53 PM   #19
FSP Focus ZX3
Focus Enthusiast

You know what though, even a car that you would consider weak can still get away from you. Just look at some of the miatas and the stock S2000's. There are still plenty of people with control problems there.

On this event, I had to switch cars as I was staging for my runs, So I ran my best friends 97 M3 (Silver with 18in BBS Wheels). Man that was a challenge, rear drive, alot of torque, and a totally different clutch. My hands were shaking after the first run, I almost lost the car 3 or 4 times. By the 4th run though, I was really starting to get it. I got third in the class I was running (STU), I just didn't have enough seat time to squeeze past those 2 pesky evolutions. I really did think that the car was capable of matching their times, I just hadn't gotten completely used to the FR configuration and the throttle response. I have to say that I fell in love with that car on that day.

Hey, I didn't do that bad, got to take home a trophy, and beat plenty of regulars in a borrowed car. I could sleep at night with that.
Michael Delaney: Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

- Le Mans (1971)
Old 01-06-2006, 10:26 PM   #20
DJsYellowZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21712
What I Drive: 2001 Yellow ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 DJsYellowZX3 Good Standing Member
hey wesley, welcome to sofla auto-x. if you check the results of the dec. 4th event, i placed 2nd in HStock. i dont run the homestead events, so if they run hialeah or bank atlantic center this season, we might run into one another.
good job

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.