Fatherhood x3 Forces Sale - Anyone Interested? *CLOSED* - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Buy - Sell - Trade > Archive

Archive Archive of all expired Buy-Sell-Trade postings.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-19-2005, 02:50 PM   #11
ephebus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 20708
What I Drive: 2002 Silver ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 ephebus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Please send some pic's

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2005, 05:12 PM   #12
davlafont
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 16413
What I Drive: 2002 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 davlafont Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally posted by biketcher
upside-down on the Altima's loan
OK, you're forgiven. I've been there too. Sometimes ya gotta do watcha gotta do...

So what mods are planned for the 3.5?
2002 SVTFocus #2629
SVT Squad #106
Visit Dave's Daily Driver

Old 12-19-2005, 05:31 PM   #13
focusfrost
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 20693
What I Drive: svt 2003 pitch black euro

FF Reputation: 1 focusfrost Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I would keep the svt especially if its a 5 door. Believe me if you get one of the better minivans out there (ie mazda mpv, toyota sienna, honda oddysey, ford freestyle) your wife ,kids and you will love the van. She will appreciate and use the van way more than the altima for its usefullness, besides getting three car seats in any four door is not that easy, but it can be done. Any way the SVT is like a mini- mini van that is sport tuned ,original and fun to drive. I see way too many altimas out there. They don't compare with to an svt, not as far as reliability.... you make that call.
By the way I have three kids also. One child seat, one booster, and the oldest doesn't use a child seat. They all fit fine in the back of the SVT(and that's a three door).
I also have a 2003 Mazda MPV Sport and my wife and I love it. Just letting you know that I'm talking from experience.
Good Luck Dude!

Old 12-19-2005, 09:26 PM   #14
biketcher
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3796
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black Focus SES 5-spd (D

FF Reputation: 1 biketcher Good Standing Member
Pics forthcoming. I forgot that I don't have my digital camera until Saturday - my wife took it with her to Minnesota. Sorry. I will post some pics as soon as I can (that would be, like, Saturday).

Currently proud owner of a Pitch Black 2007 Focus SES 5-spd (2.0 Duratec) with all manner of options, but no mods...yet.

Old 12-19-2005, 09:49 PM   #15
biketcher
Focus Enthusiast

3 Freakin' Baby Seats...if I put three freakin' baby seats side-by-side (not that there's room for that in either car), my 2-year-old will torment the twins. You're right, though, for versatility, the Altima isn't much better, if at all. However, I have had one cam position sensor go bad and we have 57,000 miles on it - I don't consider that unreliable, but I have had better. BTW, I will be driving the Altima to/from work. I have been doing some very detailed research and the Altima only gets 2 mpg less than the SVTF on the highway. I was getting 28mpg in the SVTF and 26mpg in the Altima. I have gotten as good as 29mpg in the Altima in Minnesota - where "hill" is a dirty word - but I now live in some serious hills in Northwestern Connecticut - which is why the mileage is so lousy. Best the SVTF ever got - 31mpg. If I start driving in the city I'm screwed - SVTF average 23-24mpg; Altima 16-17mpg if I'm driving (my wife used to get 19-21mpg in the Altima city/hwy combined).

Modding the 3.5...believe or not I've already thought about it. Do you think my wife would notice the whine of a supercharger over three screaming children? If she kept her foot out of it, I bet she'd never know...Hmmm... "No, honey, it always sat that low...I don't know why that coffee can is sticking out of the back..." Yeah, like I'm going have the money to mod it!

Currently proud owner of a Pitch Black 2007 Focus SES 5-spd (2.0 Duratec) with all manner of options, but no mods...yet.

Old 12-20-2005, 10:37 PM   #16
Hot Wheels
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 30071
What I Drive: 2004 PitchBlack FOCUS SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Hot Wheels Good Standing Member
I would like pics.... WAGENWERKS@SBCGLOBAL.NET

Old 12-21-2005, 03:16 AM   #17
focusfrost
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 20693
What I Drive: svt 2003 pitch black euro

FF Reputation: 1 focusfrost Good Standing Member
your absolutely corect as far as the three baby seats. its almost an impossible task. and you hit it on the spot as far as reliability goes between the two cars. buts its not going to be easy to let go of that little car its got a lot of charm. but its not like your trading it for some hyundae. altimas are pretty nice family cars, especially the 3.5. just not an svt.

Old 12-21-2005, 11:58 PM   #18
Hot Wheels
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 30071
What I Drive: 2004 PitchBlack FOCUS SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Hot Wheels Good Standing Member
Still like some pics please.... WagenWerks@sbcglobal.net

Old 12-25-2005, 04:07 PM   #19
biketcher
Focus Enthusiast

Sorry about the pics...it has been raining and/or snowing since my wife returned with the camera. Besides, I worked out an ok trade with the Honda dealer. If the deal falls through (not too likely) I will reinitiate the private sale of the SVTF. Thanks for the interest, though.

Old 12-25-2005, 05:29 PM   #20
biketcher
Focus Enthusiast

Please see this post to purchase the extras leftover from this vehicle:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showt...131#post850131

Bookmarks & Social Networks