LiteGlow 7 Color LED underbody kit installed - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Focus

MK1 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the first generation 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-10-2004, 12:22 AM   #1
Seashrimp
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2857
What I Drive: 2003 Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Seashrimp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
LiteGlow 7 Color LED underbody kit installed

Full pics located here, go to cars
I finished installing my new LiteGlow 7 color LED kit the other day. I'm extremely impressed with the results. You can get an idea of the glow amount from the pics but they hardly allow you to see the massive rug of lite that they create. The patterns are also really cool, (email me if you want me to send you some videos of them in action - The_seashrimp@hotmail.com)It's raining outside right now so i couldnt post any pics just yet of how i ran the wires from under the car. I considered the install difficulty probably a 4 out of 10 depending on your access to tools. I used to install stereo systems for my friends on and off so I had extra wire and insulating covers to clean everything up. I never was a pro at it, but i got the hang of dealing with wires coming from under the hood and routing them through the car. This kit was MUCH easier that a stereo. There is only 1 wire coming from each tube, so it was easy enough. I will post pics soon of how to get them into the car with no drilling, as well as where to run the wires to mount the controller where I put it(which from looking yourself you will probably find that this is the only logical spot besides actually inside the tiny certer console). NOW FOR THE COOL PART. I just finished prechecking wire routes and such and have found a way to make the kit wireless. Online my same kit sells for like over 200 bucks for a wireless controller. SCREW THAT. Ill post pics when i finish this. When you unlock your doors the dome light comes on. If you tap the power wire for the controller into the power wire for the dome the LEDs will turn on and off with the wireless entry lock buttons. The second part of this install is this. The controller will not turn on just because power is being sent to it. I am going to make a little bar or something that will hold down the power button on the controller, Now im wireless baby. Additionally because now the neons only get power when the dome is on you need to splice another power wire for the controller into the fuse box and put switches on both of the circuits so you can control which method gives the LEDs power. Well im going to stop typing as this is probably getting confusing. Ill post pics as soon as possible so anyone attempting to do this install can not run into some of the problems that I did. Not bad for $155 shipped off ebay.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	focus-post-1-pics-good.jpg
Views:	803
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	1361  

Last edited by Seashrimp; 02-10-2004 at 12:47 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2004, 08:03 PM   #2
stangman50
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2712
What I Drive: 03 Infra Red SVT focus

FF Reputation: 1 stangman50 Good Standing Member
looks very nice!
Old 02-16-2004, 12:15 AM   #3
Seashrimp
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2857
What I Drive: 2003 Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Seashrimp Good Standing Member
I finished runing the wireless wiring today. The idea is that when you unlock your doors with the keyless entry it turns the dome light on as well as unlocking the doors. This is actually done by completing the ground circuit for the dome. I ran a wire from the ground in the dome though the roof and down the right pillar of the car and under the dash. The ground was tied into the ground wire for the control panel. Now when I unlock the doors it completes the circuit to the control panel. The only ghetto thing that must be done for this to work is you must put like a rubberband with a piece of wire around the console to hold down the ON button on the control pannel for the lights to come on. The only way to make this not ghetto is to go into the little pannel and soder the wires past the switch.....but....thats a pain and I dont think i want to mess with something that delicate. Besides the only time to use this, since it unlocks your doors!, is when you are walking up to you car from somewhere or just impressing you friends. Since doing this I now realize that the only way for my neons to be on is for my dome light to be on. To solve this I ran another ground wire from my car to the control pannel with a switch on it. So if I turn the switch on I can turn the lights on when ever I want with the button, and when im leaving my car i turn it off and slip the wire over the ON button so I can control them with the dome. GOTA LOVE FREE MODS!
Old 02-16-2004, 07:54 PM   #4
focusjoe
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 3537
What I Drive: 03 silver se

FF Reputation: 1 focusjoe Good Standing Member
I HAVE SOME OF THOSE ALSO I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM, LOOKS NICE MAN
Old 07-13-2004, 11:51 PM   #5
Hawaii5023
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9875
What I Drive: 2007 Jetta Gunmetal Silver

FF Reputation: 1 Hawaii5023 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Wow! Those look sweet as hell! Got any links so I can check those bad boys out and possibly buy some? I have an '04 Silver ZX3 and have been thinking of going with a blue scheme for my neons and such, but haven't made a definate decision yet.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.