if bolt on mods are so easy... - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-09-2004, 09:22 PM   #1
fezzer0014
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1872
What I Drive: 01 Silver zx3

FF Reputation: 1 fezzer0014 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
if bolt on mods are so easy...

if bolt on mods are so easy, then why doesn't ford put these on from the factory. i mean putting on a tb, intake, and udp wouldn't be that difficult or that expensive. so why doesnt ford put them on for us? thanks.

my baby didn‘t survive the accident =(
but now i have an 01 zx3 =)
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2004, 09:26 PM   #2
Kicknzx3
AKA Toyotech

Fan#: 9
What I Drive: A few

FF Reputation: 1 Kicknzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
they will if u ask, thats what ford racing is for
1991 Ford Mustang LX/5.0
Old 02-09-2004, 09:31 PM   #3
Odublar
Hawaii Five-O

Fan#: 1232
What I Drive: 2002 Ford Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 Odublar Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I think it is because they know there is a marketplace for these things, and normal people just want a comfortable ride with good A/C and Heat (UDP would limit this I think). All this stuff is made in order for people like us to spend money to have a better and faster version. It's business.....Well played out, smart business. It's like this with alot of thinks.....computers for example.
Performance Modifications: JBA Street Header, Random Technology Super High Flow Cat, Bosal 2 1/4" Flexpipe, Magnaflow 2 1/4" Cat-back System, CAI, Fuzion ZRi Tires, FR 9MM Spark Plug Wires, FS Rear Stress Bar, FS Strut Tower Brace, FC 65mm T/B, AEM Underdrive Pulley Kit
Next Modification: SCT XCalibrator 2 Multi-Program OBD-II ECU Flash Device
Old 02-09-2004, 09:32 PM   #4
00focus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1594
What I Drive: 2000 Focus Sony Edition

FF Reputation: 1 00focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
they are trying too make it cheap, so people will buy it, its an econo -car... talk to fr send them e-mails over and over again...start a petition!!

jt evo 5front and rear, evo fogs, evo-5 exhaust, ww side skirts, halo hl, 17"rev model 12 rims(black) with dunlop sport fm 901 rubber,easystreet air ride suspension with ride pro digital management,debadged, dvd with 7.2" monitors, fc antenna, euro grille
-BoB-
Old 02-09-2004, 09:33 PM   #5
ILLINI zx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2521
What I Drive: 03 Pitch Black ZX3...86 Regatta Blue Lincoln Mark VII

FF Reputation: 1 ILLINI zx3 Good Standing Member
are you serious?

When you say bolt ons don't cost that much...lets say ford sells 500,000 foci per year...removing a dollar from a focus will save the company $500,000...Do you think they're gonna add parts that could cost the company $10 million/year...This is an economy car, built to be inexpensive and efficient...so every dollar counts...so you can't say "doesn't cost that much"

An underdrive pulley does not properly power the car's accesories...people would be pissed if their power steering sucked when they are rolling around a parking lot, and they would be even more pissed when Ford says "oh we did that so you could have 2-3 more hp"...

I want to make my focus faster just like you, but the majority of people who buy these cars buy them to get from point a to point b...Buy a mustang if you expect to get more performance oriented oem parts...
Old 02-09-2004, 09:40 PM   #6
Zarelli6
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 411
What I Drive: '89 Volvo 744Ti

FF Reputation: 1 Zarelli6 Good Standing Member
yep like illini says. they have to be concerned with the life of the car. but another thing you said about saving dollars here and there makes big money saved or lost. i would MUCH rather them take those stupid battery covers, armrests, or any other unnecessary parts and gimme something good. a 65 mm throttle body could maybe cost a buck more to make as opposed to the stock one. FINE take the dollar of plastic from the damn battery cover. haha .. oh well too bad its not like that.
Old 02-10-2004, 01:25 AM   #7
Blurry ZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3301
What I Drive: Pitch Black 01 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Blurry ZX3 Good Standing Member
But if they did, than everyone would have the same car.. where is the fun in that? Do you really want the grandparents down the road runnin the same engine as you? I just wish you could "return" parts back to ford and get your money back.. "i don't really need your manifold anymore, can i get credit please?"
Old 02-10-2004, 02:25 AM   #8
Racer X SVT
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 2704
What I Drive: Black SVT Focus EUROSTYLED

FF Reputation: 1 Racer X SVT Good Standing Member
Yeah I wish I could of got something for my Stock SVT exaust, I put less then a thosand miles on that stock exaust. hehe
Old 02-10-2004, 08:46 AM   #9
focaltech

Fan#: 490
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 focaltech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
Quote:
Originally posted by Racer X SVT
Yeah I wish I could of got something for my Stock SVT exaust, I put less then a thosand miles on that stock exaust. hehe
You could have sold it as a cheap upgrade to someone with a ZX3. In fact I know a kid who paid his friend $ 150 for one when his car was new.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:32 PM   #10
BlkZX3

Fan#: 473
What I Drive: El Huevo Negro

FF Reputation: 1 BlkZX3 Good Standing Member
Would a ZX3 get any gains with an SVT exhaust though and is it just a bolt on replacement

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.