Modded N/A Zetec vs Stock SVT - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-07-2005, 09:33 AM   #21
Spec3VR6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21309
What I Drive: 95 BMW M3

FF Reputation: 1 Spec3VR6 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by gump1114
makes sense to me. seems we would be able to hold our gears longer with the 5 speed.

........ id double check that one. plus the SVT's redline is significantly higher
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2005, 09:37 AM   #22
gump1114
DTF

Fan#: 13164
What I Drive: 04 Neon SRT-4, '96 Eagle Talon

FF Reputation: 6 gump1114 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
im purely speculating on that. having never driven an svt i wouldnt know. but i know with my new cams my car continues to pull hard up to the stock rev limited. (havent chipped it yet)
Old 12-07-2005, 10:50 AM   #23
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 9775
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver ZX3, 1993 Coral Reef Blue 5.0 LX Coupe Mustang, 2005 Windveil Blue V6 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 kenpokid Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally posted by 2004SVTAutoXer
Not again, please do a search.

Stock Zetec? Won't happen without more than just bolt ons. To kenpokid who said he can hang: the 5 door is a fat 50-60 lbs heavier. Driver weights are more influential than the number of doors. Also, what SVTs are you hanging with when your best is 15.77? Every driver's time on this site posted has been between 14.9-15.3 depending on weather/track conditions.

Slomo is right about the 2.3L, it takes an exhaust, intake, tune and bs delete to match the SVTF. With the extra displacement and torque advantage you run a higher risk of losing on drivers ability though, the duratec pumps out the torque.

edit: *crosses fingers and counts the seconds until the hordes come down on this thread and turn it into a pissing match and 'I AM TEH BETTAR THAN J00!!11oneone1!eleven!11'*
Did you see my 60' bro?? 2.4 and then some...I spun all the way through first gear and into second. That was with a very rich tune too, and I pulled right in with the engine HOT from a 30 mile drive to the track . I have raced one SVT on the street from a 20 mph roll and took him the whole way by about 2-3 cars to (unspecificed speed) and he initiated it. That was only with the Borla (no header or FS Cool-flo, just iceman, tune, pulley, plugs wires, coil and motor mount)....my tune is a little more aggressive than what most would think If you have heard of Innovative Diesel Performance, you would know why

EDIT: from what I saw, the SVT was stock and he had his girl with him. It was 3-door.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:14 AM   #24
Spec3VR6
Focus Enthusiast

2-3 cars the whole way? lets not get excited here...you only run a 15.7...even if u got your 60 ft down to say, a 2.1....youd hit 15.3-15.4 at the very BEST. well within the range of an SVT to keep pace the whole way. He must of been the worst driver in the world...OR he shut down sooner then you did. Which is what i think happened.
Correct me if im wrong...but you Only raced him with a borla exhaust as your mods on an otherwise stock zetec? Im sorry..i dont buy that. Just like what was said above..youd have to be making at least 140-150 whp to keep with or beat an SVT....again, SVT's arent that fast...but it takes a lot of work to get a regular Zetec in that range. The 6 speed will also give the SVT an advantage for top end speed

not trying to be a nitpicking SVT owner here....but lets be a little more honest here. Theres some other factors that come into play with this stuff.

Last edited by Spec3VR6; 12-07-2005 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:37 AM   #25
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver ZX3, 1993 Coral Reef Blue 5.0 LX Coupe Mustang, 2005 Windveil Blue V6 Mustang

Quote:
Originally posted by Spec3VR6
2-3 cars the whole way? lets not get excited here...you only run a 15.7...even if u got your 60 ft down to say, a 2.1....youd hit 15.3-15.4 at the very BEST. well within the range of an SVT to keep pace the whole way. He must of been the worst driver in the world...OR he shut down sooner then you did. Which is what i think happened.
Correct me if im wrong...but you Only raced him with a borla exhaust as your mods on an otherwise stock zetec? Im sorry..i dont buy that. Just like what was said above..youd have to be making at least 140-150 whp to keep with or beat an SVT....again, SVT's arent that fast...but it takes a lot of work to get a regular Zetec in that range. The 6 speed will also give the SVT an advantage for top end speed

not trying to be a nitpicking SVT owner here....but lets be a little more honest here. Theres some other factors that come into play with this stuff.
did I say only the borla? read my post again...I said, Borla, Iceman, coil and wires, plugs, pulley, motor mount, and a tune. The SVT had two people...I pulled 2-3 cars it stayed that way...my car only weighs abotu 2750 with me in it (everything is manual and no sun roof). The SVT was prolly at 3000...it isnt too hard to believe that I beat him, since there arnt a lot of SVT drivers that have actually tapped low 15s. The 6 speed is terrible for drag racing, and if you dont know how to power shift you won't be doing so well in the 1320.

Also, take into consideration about what I said about my tune, it is by a very well known Cobra and Diesel Tuner who can tune just about anything very well.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:09 PM   #26
lildisco
RespectMyAuthoritah!

Fan#: 5761
What I Drive: 06 Mazda6i, 08 Mazda CX7 GT AWD

FF Reputation: 47 lildisco Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
I see it being possilbe. But this has been proven and faught over hundreds if not thousands of times. A non SVT Zetec that's mildly modded will be beat a completly stock SVT. It's been argued over that mod the SVT with the same parts and the SVT will be faster, this is true. A non-SVT Zetec with just an intake and full exhaust should be in SVT Territory. It really depends on the Driver, elevation and whot-not. I've beat a semi-stock SVT before. I believe she had a UDP and Short-ram intake. We only raced about a 1/8 mileish and i my door was at her front bumper. What it really comes down to is a drivers race. Plus The SVT isn't made for drag racing, it's made for Auto-X

03 SE SVT Wannabe (sold) to help pay for my 08 Cooper Red Mazda CX7 AWD GT
Old 12-07-2005, 12:20 PM   #27
Spec3VR6
Focus Enthusiast

i missed the part about the other mods. i thought u said you bought them after the fact. I stand corrected!lol
Old 12-07-2005, 12:25 PM   #28
lildisco
RespectMyAuthoritah!

Fan#: 5761
What I Drive: 06 Mazda6i, 08 Mazda CX7 GT AWD

FF Reputation: 47 lildisco Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally posted by kenpokid
Also, take into consideration about what I said about my tune, it is by a very well known Cobra and Diesel Tuner who can tune just about anything very well.
gotta throw in some adverstiment there don't ya?

03 SE SVT Wannabe (sold) to help pay for my 08 Cooper Red Mazda CX7 AWD GT
Old 12-07-2005, 12:27 PM   #29
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Spec3VR6
i missed the part about the other mods. i thought u said you bought them after the fact. I stand corrected!lol
its all good brotha And the 15.7, like I said was basically a hot lap. It was about 70 degrees outside...and I drive 30 miles to the track...pulled right in and ran that time, The next runs were slower, but because of worse 60 foots, I hotlapped those too...but I never dipped into 16s again. I agree with you tho...if I could cut my 60' to a 2.0 - 2.1 I would get a 15.3...I think for every 10th in the 60' it is 2/10ths in the quarter...but dont quote me on it
Old 12-07-2005, 12:28 PM   #30
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by lildisco
gotta throw in some adverstiment there don't ya?
indeed i do Won't help business anyway, everyone is too hyped up on these other tuners, ie: Tom, Wayne, and Randy

Bookmarks & Social Networks