Wheelmax.com, Exel wheels and my 2 cents - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-16-2005, 12:21 AM   #1
zx3_simplicity
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 16233
What I Drive: 2002 Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 zx3_simplicity Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Wheelmax.com, Exel wheels and my 2 cents

[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]For anyone considering wheelmax and Exel wheels[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]

Well, I decided to get the Exel DL-46 wheel in hyperblack 18" from wheelmax.com. I read all kinds of threads with comments about wheelmax and their exel wheels. The positive and negative comments were about even for both customer support and overall satisfaction of the Exel wheels. For me personally the entire transaction and product has been just fine.
I dealt with Leo in sales and he took extremely good care of me. Called me back with answers to my questions, didn't try to sell me anything I wasn't asking for and even gave me a cheaper price for the entire order for less than what I came up with online on their site. They took my order last Wed. and shipped out the wheels the next day. I just got them today in perfect condition. I've got them mounted and took them for a drive. Very nice and they look fantastic. I haven't weighed them, but they definitely feel lighter than the stock wheels. However, the ultra-lightweight wheel is not something I need. No biggie.
So, all-in-all it's been a very pleasant experience with no headache. I know alot of people are wondering about them so I thought I'd give some first-hand knowledge on dealing with them. Any questions hit me up. Oh, I'll post pics after I get her washed :)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2005, 12:40 AM   #2
slikirish
Focus Addict

Fan#: 26844
What I Drive: 2004 Mustang GT 5 Spd

Points 2,589, Level 30
Points: 2,589, Level: 30 Points: 2,589, Level: 30 Points: 2,589, Level: 30
Level Up 93% Completed
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 slikirish Good Standing Member
comepletely agree. I had not problems with mine although they didn't give me a better price for than what was on the net. But i thought they were very customer friendly.
Zetec Crew #4

Back on Stock wheels after bending 3 18's in 2 months. Stupid Winter Roads.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:54 AM   #3
Logiemasta311
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 23179
What I Drive: 2002 Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Logiemasta311 Good Standing Member
yea i love mine, and the customer support was excellent...and a great price. highly recommend
SVT Squad #99
Old 11-17-2005, 08:25 PM   #4
Darth Focus
I miss my Turbo SVTF

Fan#: 6849
What I Drive: 1988 Mazda 323 GTX

FF Reputation: 1 Darth Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
My only beef, they didnt tell me I needed hub centric rings, so I had to drive from Baltimore MD to ATL, GA vibrating the entire way....not their fault, they just didnt tell me to get em..
Corksport IC, CFDF Clutch, 2.5" Turboback, Konis,
Suspension Tech Springs, 22mm Rear Sway, + More.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:28 PM   #5
fspeed
Focus Addict

Fan#: 21082
What I Drive: 2003 Liquid Grey ZX3/ 97 dodge ram

FF Reputation: 1 fspeed Good Standing Member
Yep, they get a thumbs up from me. Good service, decent wheels, all was good in my world.
Zetec Crew #13
cruisin' low n' slow
Old 11-23-2005, 01:09 AM   #6
foKuZEe3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 27043
What I Drive: 2000 black zx3

FF Reputation: 1 foKuZEe3 Good Standing Member
they double charged me the first time.....I went ape poo on them but everything in the end was good. I ordered my last rims from wheelguys because I was scared of having the same thing happen with wheelmax....Wheelguys shipped it to the wrong state. I could never get a hold of them and everytime I left a message they never called back. Waited over a month and still they never called back even after the complaining so I called my bank and the bank reimbursed me and filed against them. funny thing is the bank couldnt get a hold of them either. lol Watch out if you order from wheelguys.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.