WRC coming to New York?? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-15-2005, 12:46 PM   #1
blackandgold
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 495
What I Drive: 2008 VW GTI 2006 Ford Explorer LTD

FF Reputation: 1 blackandgold Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
WRC coming to New York??

Oh god please let it happen...I promise to be a good boy

US SEEKS BID FOR A ROUND OF THE WRC

The Sullivan County Visitors Association and Rally New York, Ltd. have reached an agreement to pursue a bid for a future round of the World Rally Championship. Rally New York, Ltd. is seeking approval to submit a bid to the Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) to host a World Rally Championship here in the Sullivan County Catskills. The FIA is interested in expanding the World Rally series especially with a location in the United States. The observation year would be slated for early 2007 with the actual event held from 2008 on an annual basis.

Rally New York, Ltd. has already received approval from the Town Supervisors of the towns where the championship would be held and legislative approval from Sullivan County. “We are very interested in bringing an automobile race of this importance to Sullivan County and fully support the efforts of this experienced promoter” stated Chris Cunningham, the Sullivan County Legislative Chairman. The Sullivan County Visitors Association is working hand in hand with Rally New York seeking public and private partnerships to sponsor the event. “A World Championship event of this caliber will give Sullivan County world recognition and a substantial boost to the economy of Sullivan County, the region and the entire State of New York” said Roberta Byron-Lockwood, President & CEO of the Sullivan County Visitors Association.

Ivan Orisek, President of Rally New York, Ltd. stated that the process is a two year venture with the first year being an observation event in which observers from the FIA would evaluate the rally to see if it meets specifications to be included into the World Rally Championship. The next year would be the actual event seen on TV by hundreds of millions of rally fans around the world. The economic effects of an event of this magnitude are millions of dollars during the event and residual millions due to the extreme exposure of the race.

Ed Jackson, Deputy Clerk of the Course added: “This is a culmination of our five-year effort to bring rallying in the United States out of distant wilderness inaccessible to spectators and to the vicinity of New York City.” Sullivan County Catskills is a resort area located only 90 miles northwest of New York City with excellent highway access.

Rally New York, Ltd. is already the promoter of Rally New York USA and International Rally New York, two of the eight events being held in the 2006 United States Rally Championship. Rally New York will seek support of ACCUS, the United States Affiliate of FIA, the United States Auto Club (USAC) and National Auto Sport Association (NASA) for the bid to the FIA.

SUBSCRIBE TO RALLY WORLD MAGAZINE AND CHECK OUT EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS OF THE BEHIND THE SCENES PREPARATION OF COLIN & NICKY FOR WALES RALLY GB ON OUR CURRENT ISSUE
09 Nov 2005 by Rally World Magazine © - 2005

^ what the hell is that supposed to mean, you quote me and then put down some american eagle sh**

Last edited by blackandgold; 11-15-2005 at 01:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2005, 01:12 PM   #2
Oni
Oh yeah!

Fan#: 24899
What I Drive: An unloved Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Oni Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Wow, it looks like one of my dreams may have come true. I was looking into going to the rally of Mexico possibly next year for my summer vacation. That'll be awesome to go to a venue in New York (if it passes) come 2007. I'm surprised it's in the New York area, but as long as it's in the States, who cares? This is awesome news.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985
Born: 04/25/2003

formerly known as the member ilcowil
Old 11-15-2005, 03:02 PM   #3
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
Having seen some of the country up there, I am not surprised. Not to mention NYC proximity is a very tasty bait for the WRC and FIA.
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...
Old 11-15-2005, 03:24 PM   #4
CrazyMatt
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe

Fan#: 2179
What I Drive: 2009 Octane Blue Pearl Lancer GTS

FF Reputation: 6 CrazyMatt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Damn right, Carrera... I am sure the sher economics of having NYC that cose to everything is going to play a BIG part.

I'm hoping we get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
^Slow your roll Dirk Diggler or you're going to have be back in the hospital with broken nuts!
Old 11-15-2005, 03:45 PM   #5
fspeed
Focus Addict

Fan#: 21082
What I Drive: 2003 Liquid Grey ZX3/ 97 dodge ram

FF Reputation: 1 fspeed Good Standing Member
Rally in NY? Yay, and i know a few people in NY, i might have to visit that state in a few years.
Zetec Crew #13
cruisin' low n' slow
Old 11-15-2005, 04:04 PM   #6
pspringe
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 17992
What I Drive: 95 Metro, 03 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 5 pspringe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Ever since I moved down here, I have thought East TN West NC would be a sweet WRC venue.

Kariertes Hemd und Samenstau, ich studier' Maschienenbau.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:14 PM   #7
2004SVTAutoXer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 19123
What I Drive: BMW 335i Coupe, 79 CJ-7

FF Reputation: 26 2004SVTAutoXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
there are dozens of places in every state that would make a sweet rally course.
SVT Squad #133 - Traded for 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited in Quartz Silver Metallic - Traded for 2008 BMW 335i Coupe with stock twin turbo Juiceboxed 500whp and 500wtq of N54 goodness.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:54 PM   #8
Angelus897
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15259
What I Drive: '04 Infra Red ZX4 SE D23E, '05 Pitch Black ZX3 S D20E

FF Reputation: 1 Angelus897 Good Standing Member
This better happen, otherwise I'm going to the Rally of Mexico.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:49 PM   #9
RevZX3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 12612
What I Drive: 2002 Egg Yolk Yellow ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 RevZX3 Good Standing Member
Re: WRC coming to New York??

Quote:
Originally posted by blackandgold
Oh god please let it happen...I promise to be a good boy
.. me too
Old 11-15-2005, 08:41 PM   #10
Oni
Oh yeah!

Fan#: 24899
What I Drive: An unloved Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Oni Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I've never been to New York, but I just thought rally was bigger in the northern states (Michigan and the like) and out in California as far as the SCCA goes. Regardless, just get it here.

Is it going to be gravel or tarmac (I'm assuimg the former)?
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985
Born: 04/25/2003

formerly known as the member ilcowil

Bookmarks & Social Networks