Focus wagon owners unite!!!!!!! - Page 13 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-19-2010, 02:25 PM   #121
BlueBonnet
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 77362
What I Drive: 2000 Blue SE Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 BlueBonnet Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ha, I just found this thread as well. WOOT.... wagons FTW. It's my wife's 2000 light blue and she loves it. Only had it I think 3 months and 3 things wrong with it so far.

1) low speed cooling fan didn't turn on (found the thread for that and fixed it by replacing the cooling fan relay)
2) A/C doesn't work, haven't had it looked at. Wife says she doesn't care
3) There is a little rust forming along the bottom and neither of us care too much about that.

It's got the ZETEC engine. I have no idea if that's good or bad but from reading it's good??? It's only got 111k miles on it and runs strong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2010, 05:44 PM   #122
twist
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 80532
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ZXW

FF Reputation: 1 twist Good Standing Member
Not sure if anyone is following this thread anymore but: New to the scene, just bought an 05 ZXW with 50K miles. It's fun to drive and fun to haul stuff! I'd really like to lower it about 1" to 1 1/2", throw some rims on it, etc.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:49 PM   #123
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twist View Post
Not sure if anyone is following this thread anymore but: New to the scene, just bought an 05 ZXW with 50K miles. It's fun to drive and fun to haul stuff! I'd really like to lower it about 1" to 1 1/2", throw some rims on it, etc.
Welcome to FF , you'll want to check out our Wheels, Tires, Brakes and Suspension Forum for all your suspension questions. Eibach makes spring sets for the wagon 1-1.5" drop and 2-2.5" drop IIRC. There are also upgraded sway bars available. If you want to get really silly you can get a coil-over kit from Bilstein for $1500 or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBonnet View Post
Ha, I just found this thread as well. WOOT.... wagons FTW. It's my wife's 2000 light blue and she loves it. Only had it I think 3 months and 3 things wrong with it so far.

1) low speed cooling fan didn't turn on (found the thread for that and fixed it by replacing the cooling fan relay)
2) A/C doesn't work, haven't had it looked at. Wife says she doesn't care
3) There is a little rust forming along the bottom and neither of us care too much about that.

It's got the ZETEC engine. I have no idea if that's good or bad but from reading it's good??? It's only got 111k miles on it and runs strong.
Rust-proofing your Focus, this should help you with any rust proofing you might want to try. Personally, I like POR-15, but it must be top-coated and I don't think the stuff that BlueFront used needed to be top coated.
General AC Troubleshooting and Repair- this thread is available in the sticky threads section of Ford Focus Technical Chat (repair forum) and in the "Complete How-To Archive" also linked in the same stickied page on all Forums. Our admin is working on getting all the How-To's organized and in the banner How-To Archive.

Both of you will want to watch tire wear on the rear tires. Wagons are known for eating up rear tires due to improper camber from the factory. Adjustable control blades for other body styles do not work for our suspension. The only way to fix it is to get camber adjustment bolts and install those.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:03 PM   #124
Djzx3
WRX/Focus:)

Fan#: 76864
What I Drive: 04 WRB WRX / 00 se zxw

FF Reputation: 33 Djzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Nice to know man^. Im a 2000 zxw owner, re-building it as we speak. Just waiting on parts.
HN #17
D23 crew-#1
Old 11-17-2010, 11:22 PM   #125
vampirefish
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 80519
What I Drive: 2013 Silver Focus SE HB 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 vampirefish Good Standing Member
Hello everyone!! Just bought a 2000 SE blue wagon with the ZETEC / automatic. So far I LOVE this car! It has 107k on it. Did just buy new tires for it- the rears were worn worse than the fronts. Should I take it into the dealer to fix the camber issue? Also... the color of my car is kind of a dark blue- what Ford color is that?
Old 11-17-2010, 11:28 PM   #126
norcalfocus01
Registered

Fan#: 55603
What I Drive: White N Gold 2001 Sedan

FF Reputation: 132 norcalfocus01 Excellent Standing Membernorcalfocus01 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Depends, what are the camber issues? Post a thread in the Wheels Tires and Suspension Area.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:22 AM   #127
vampirefish
Focus Enthusiast

I'll look in there... Just saw extra tire wear so...
Old 11-18-2010, 02:50 AM   #128
karguy427
Focus Addict

Fan#: 32830
What I Drive: 2006 Chevy HHR 2LT

FF Reputation: 15 karguy427 Great Standing Member
Unfortunately, you can scratch one wagon off the list. If you didn't notice my post on it, I totalled my French Blue 2003 ZTW a couple of weeks ago - soon to be advertised on some Oregon rebuilders lot I suspect. She was a great wagon while I had her. Loaded, too - leather, moonroof, 6 Cd changer, 16" alloys. A shame......

Won't be getting another Focus. Want something a bit nicer. Still used though, and probably something wagon-ish.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:06 AM   #129
Fucus-minded
Focus Addict

Fan#: 72986
What I Drive: 2003, black, Ford Focus SE Wagon

FF Reputation: 3 Fucus-minded Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
How the hell have I not noticed this thread before?
You guys are going to love what I am doing to my wagon...I got an '03 se, atx, black. I just has an engine built for it: bought the engine used, bored and honed the block, je hc pistons, eagle rods, fr head. should be dropping that in this weekend (fingers crossed). I already have the 65mm tb, svt header, orp, 2.25 fs sport exhaust, fully adjustable SPAX suspension lowered about 1.5" and Tom's tune. will also be adding svt injectors and 3" maf w/ svt maf sensor. The car is in need of a paint job (scratches and lil dents) and I need the lil cups that hide the rear seatbelt mechanism....should be fun!
Old 11-22-2010, 02:28 PM   #130
vampirefish
Focus Enthusiast

Hello again - here's a pix of my sweet wagon.

Hey...can anyone tell me what color blue this is? I've heard of a couple different blues, but I'm just not sure on mine. Thanks!

Bookmarks & Social Networks