best solo 2 class for focus - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > General Racing Chat

General Racing Chat Use this Forum to discuss everything from launching off the line and four wheel drifts, to telling your favorite race tale. (Posting Rules)

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-06-2005, 03:28 PM   #1
Dave
Focus Addict

Fan#: 507
FF Reputation: 1 Dave Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
best solo 2 class for focus

Just curious as to inputs on what would be the best class for a SVT focus to run in. It looks like the minis dominate g-stock, and I haven't seen a focus do well in sts. My last event I ran DSP, which to my it seams like a focus might be able to hold its own, but at nationals this years all the top finishers were older bmw 3-series. BAsically I am at a point were I could go different ways with my car as far as classes are concerned, and wanted to know what some of the cone dodgers here thought the best class would be.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2005, 10:11 AM   #2
MyBlackST
Capital Obvious

Fan#: 11768
What I Drive: 2008 Redfire Metallic Fusion

FF Reputation: 1 MyBlackST Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
what is done to your car?

ST Crew #3
TEAM DURATEC # 7
Old 11-07-2005, 10:27 AM   #3
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
Yeah, it all depends on what you have already done, and if you'd be willing to take a couple things off to qualify for another class if need be.
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...
Old 11-07-2005, 12:46 PM   #4
Dave
Focus Addict

Right now whats done to my car is some poly bushings, lightweight flywheel and clutch (which I don't feel like taking out to run in g-stock) test pipe, borla, udp, tune, ported t/b and I have some r-compounds laying around. Hopefully this winter I will have some quaife installed, but thats a pretty big purchase, end of the mopnth koni's, h&r race, steeda 28.6mm rear sway bar and strut bar are getting thrown on. I don't even plan pn trying to go to nationals next year, I was just basing some of the winners in different classes off that. I was just hoping with lsd and some v710's (maybe even wider tires, like 275's or something, which I will never be able to afford) a fwd would be able to hang with rwd through the cones.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:59 PM   #5
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Sounds like STX to me.
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...
Old 11-07-2005, 01:27 PM   #6
Dave
Focus Addict

Our local stx guys are very fast, plus I'd have to replace test pipe with high flow cat, and couldn't run r-compounds. I'll probably run around in dsp next year, and win or lose just learn to drive the car faster.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:59 PM   #7
Dave
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by thefrush
You're not going to be competitive in any class, so just go out and have fun, who knows, maybe you'll get lucky and place in a regional event.
LOL, I have done pretty well in the regional events this year. But last weekend I got my peter smacked by a civic in dsp (he was on r -compunds, I was on street tires)
Old 11-07-2005, 03:54 PM   #8
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

^^^I'll probably hit some Nebraska region events next year. (I'm just outside of Des Moines) SVT Showdown!

If I still have the SVTF next season, I deeply hope that I will have Koni's and R's early in the year, but I am going to stick with GS...
Old 11-08-2005, 02:43 AM   #9
Dave
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Carrera26
^^^I'll probably hit some Nebraska region events next year. (I'm just outside of Des Moines) SVT Showdown!

If I still have the SVTF next season, I deeply hope that I will have Koni's and R's early in the year, but I am going to stick with GS...
God damnit, alls your going to do is make me look bad, lol. BTW, what kind of tires were you running in the marshalltown video?
Old 11-08-2005, 11:27 AM   #10
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Falken Azenis RT-615s. The best non-R Compounds you can get, and they are definitely the hot ticket for the street tire classes. Most people get them shaved to 2/32nds for max traction if they're really serious. These things just get stickier and sticker every time I go out, as they wear down. I didn't rotate them all season and now I have a good bit more traction on the thin front's and thick backs. It's finally rotating like I want it to!

At the racing school, I think there were 2 or 3 people out of the 25 who weren't on R's who weren't sporting the Azenis, and they were all over the place at Nationals.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.