Long Crank/Hard Start 2.0L And 2.3L Engine With MTX-75 Transaxle Bulletin - Page 6 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-12-2006, 11:35 PM   #51
Duratecer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13378
What I Drive: 05 zx3 silver

FF Reputation: 1 Duratecer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
my new routine

get in car, turn on ignition, buckle seatbelt, start car.

I think that FP is bleeding off overnight and this solves that issue

05 2.0 I4 ZX3, Silver (Duratec)
03 5.4 V8 E-250 (Work Van)
99 2.5 V6 Contour SE Sport, Red (Duratec)
77 5.0 V8 Mustang, speckled primer (301RWHP/322RWTQ)
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2006, 09:36 AM   #52
mukat4
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 15050
What I Drive: 2005 ZX4 ST 2.3 Pitch Black

FF Reputation: 1 mukat4 Good Standing Member
I don't think we should settle for this. I called and complained. Let them know that you have the last update, yet the problem is not solved.

Mine is still not right after the update. I have called and complained to Ford customer service. Everyone who is still having issues needs to do the same if this is going to be resolved.

>>>>>Here is the info from a previous post.

The only way they will find out is from customer feedback.

Please call and tell them the problem. The engineers at Ford Motor Co. need to find out about this so they can develop a fix.

It takes about 15 minutes, make sure you have your VIN#

Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center
P.O.Box 6248
Dearborn, Michigan 48126
1-800-392-3673(FORD)
TDD for the hearing impaired:1-800-232-5952
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST
Saturday 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM EST
Old 04-20-2006, 09:39 AM   #53
magic2119
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17493
What I Drive: 2005 yellow zx3

FF Reputation: 1 magic2119 Good Standing Member
i called today. i hope they get us a fix
Team Duratec #15

You Are NOT Prepared!!
Old 05-02-2006, 08:17 PM   #54
fastfordtech
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 34805
What I Drive: 2006 ST

FF Reputation: 1 fastfordtech Good Standing Member
I had this PCM update done to my 2005 ST did not fix it. My 2006 ST does it also. Oh well, once it starts it goes like hell.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:21 PM   #55
ST4ME
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 34677
What I Drive: 05 Black ZX4ST

FF Reputation: 1 ST4ME Good Standing Member
Hello all, First post here! Been lurking for a while and finally decided to join...
I have a 2005 ST also. I have experienced the hard start, usually it seems to happen if I have started the car and then shut down for some reason within a couple of minutes. Then when I go to start in the next ten minutes or so and it does the hard start thing.
One other thing that happens once a week or so, not sure if it is the same as the stutter everyone has talked about, since it happens at different gears and speeds. What happens is that the car sorta like skips a beat, like the electronics shut down for half a second, then starts back up. Very noticable, it has actually jerked me forward in my seat a little. It would be like if you shut the key off for half a second then turned it back on. Has anybody else experienced this?
The first couple of times I thought it might just be me, Tired or something, kicked the throttle, Hit the brake, whatever, but after having it happen again, you could not hit the brake or anything quick enough to make it act like that. The only way I can describe it is like the engine shut down (total loss of combustion) for half a second then started right back up. Is this the stutter everyone is talking about or something else?
Thanks!
Old 05-04-2006, 07:21 PM   #56
ST4ME
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 34677
What I Drive: 05 Black ZX4ST

FF Reputation: 1 ST4ME Good Standing Member
I sure killed this thread...

Anybody experienced what I explained above?
Old 05-04-2006, 09:55 PM   #57
jmotank
"Party Pic WHORE"

Fan#: 10320
What I Drive: 2005 pitch black zx4 st

FF Reputation: 1 jmotank Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
that is exactly the stutter. usually in 5th gear and a steady speed for me. it's extremely annoying.
ST crew #29
team DURATEC #53
MBRP exhaust, SRI, BFG G-Force sports, Steeda STS, painted stock rims, 1 12" diamond audio D6 sub, 3201T audiobahn amp, JVC headunit, Kicker 6X8's, 2 Farad cole cap, FC front strut bar, under body LED kit
Old 05-05-2006, 04:55 AM   #58
EricR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 21957
What I Drive: 2005 Liquid Grey ST

FF Reputation: 1 EricR Good Standing Member
It's odd as my ST did the stutter several times the first 6 months but not recently (the second 6 months)
ST Crew #23
Old 05-05-2006, 08:58 AM   #59
soonerfan
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 34594
What I Drive: 05 Infra Red ST

FF Reputation: 1 soonerfan Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by ST4ME
Hello all, First post here! Been lurking for a while and finally decided to join...
I have a 2005 ST also. I have experienced the hard start, usually it seems to happen if I have started the car and then shut down for some reason within a couple of minutes. Then when I go to start in the next ten minutes or so and it does the hard start thing.
One other thing that happens once a week or so, not sure if it is the same as the stutter everyone has talked about, since it happens at different gears and speeds. What happens is that the car sorta like skips a beat, like the electronics shut down for half a second, then starts back up. Very noticable, it has actually jerked me forward in my seat a little. It would be like if you shut the key off for half a second then turned it back on. Has anybody else experienced this?
The first couple of times I thought it might just be me, Tired or something, kicked the throttle, Hit the brake, whatever, but after having it happen again, you could not hit the brake or anything quick enough to make it act like that. The only way I can describe it is like the engine shut down (total loss of combustion) for half a second then started right back up. Is this the stutter everyone is talking about or something else?
Thanks!
I have experienced this also. I went for several months without this happening, but lately it has been trying to make a comeback. I have tried turning the key to the on position for a few seconds before starting as some here have suggested, but this does not always help. I've never had a stutter at highway speed
Old 05-05-2006, 12:06 PM   #60
mukat4
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 15050
What I Drive: 2005 ZX4 ST 2.3 Pitch Black

FF Reputation: 1 mukat4 Good Standing Member
If you have the latest update----CALL FORD AND COMPLAIN!!! THis is the only way it will get fixed. If a large number of people call, the engineers are more likley to look at it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.