How much are you willing to pay for the MK2 Ford Focus ST? - Page 21 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Official Polls & Surveys

Official Polls & Surveys Please take a moment and participate in our online polls and surveys.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: How much are you willing to pay for the MK2 Ford Focus ST?
$15,000-$17,000 185 6.18%
$17,001-$20,000 254 8.48%
$20,001-$23,000 963 32.15%
$23,001-$26,000 912 30.45%
$26,001-$29,000 218 7.28%
$29,001-$32,000 155 5.18%
$32,001-$35,000 81 2.70%
$35,001-$38,000 56 1.87%
Would not buy it 171 5.71%
Voters: 2995. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2006, 11:17 PM   #201
Oni
Oh yeah!

Fan#: 24899
What I Drive: An unloved Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Oni Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
"Ford Motor Company's Special Vehicle Engineering Team (SVE) and Cosworth Technology teamed up to deliver a special breed of a high-performance engine that debuted in the 2002 SVT Focus.

With a history of more than 30 years jointly developing engines, it's only fitting Ford and Cosworth Technology would team up to develop an engine for a special class of high-performance street car, the SVT Focus. It marks the first jointly developed North American production engine by Ford and Cosworth Technology.

At the heart of the SVT Focus is a normally aspirated four cylinder engine developed jointly between Ford’s SVE team in the U.S. and U.K. and a project team of engineers at Cosworth Technology in Novi, Michigan, and Northampton, England."

I may have mentioned the wrong team, but as listed, it states it was a joint project between the US and the UK from Ford. Not to mention, this is who SVE is as listed in the other article I posted - it's more than just Ford of Europe's engineers.

SPECIAL VEHICLE ENGINEERING
The SVT name has a highly complementary place at Ford Motor Company. This specialized division grew out of Ford's Special Vehicle Engineering (SVE) group responsible for the development of ultra-high performance vehicles. Ford's SVE group's mission is to “polish the Ford oval” by creating, for customers, the ultimate driving experience. They do that by developing niche, low-volume, high-performance cars and trucks. SVE is comprised of engineers based in Allen Park, Mich.; Dunton, England and Cologne, Germany. In addition to technology leadership, SVE is focused on improving techniques in engineering to reduce overall vehicle development time. Among the SVE-created production vehicles are the new SVT Focus, the SVT F-150 Lightning, SVT Contour, SVT Mustang Cobra R, and past SVT Mustang Cobra models. SVE works closely with Ford’s Special Vehicle Team (SVT), Ford’s performance vehicle brand, to design and develop the niche vehicles marketed and sold under the SVT banner.

http://media.ford.com/article_displa...5&make_id=1049
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985
Born: 04/25/2003

formerly known as the member ilcowil

Last edited by Oni; 01-05-2006 at 11:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2006, 12:28 AM   #202
azdamay
Titular Wit Here

Fan#: 27396
What I Drive: 2004 GTO, 1986 Civic Si, 2010 TC

FF Reputation: 8 azdamay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So, you might look at the structure as: Ford > SVE > SVT perhaps?
Old 01-06-2006, 02:42 AM   #203
Oni
Oh yeah!

I bet it would probably depend more on what region you're talking about. I'm sure the majority of SVE members that work on U.S. specific SVT models are mostly those on this side of the pond. I'm curious, though, as to what SVE has created that doesn't have the SVT badge on it and is overseas. Notice everything on the list is all U.S. SVT models, unless the article was directed towards an American audience specifically. Other than that, I'd say the chain of command is probably in line with what you've proposed.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985

Old 01-06-2006, 02:06 PM   #204
Oni
Oh yeah!

Here's a hard link to the Top Gear review of the Focus ST. Remember to right click Save As on the video links once logged in. You have to form an account, but it's free. If you're patient, I think it's worth the wait.

http://www.racingflix.com/getvideo.asp?v=1359
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985

Old 01-06-2006, 02:44 PM   #205
fczdrvndly17
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12061
What I Drive: Black '03 hatch

FF Reputation: 1 fczdrvndly17 Good Standing Member
i think the MK2 has a great look. im not too much into today's automotive futuristic craze, but i think Ford did a damn good job w/this particular model focus. i haven't gotten an official look at specs, but rumor has it that this thing screams.

^^#19^^
Old 01-06-2006, 02:54 PM   #206
Oni
Oh yeah!

Looking more and more at the ST, I think some having a front bumper that didn't "roll" or "tuck" under the car would give it a better look in the front (looks too round to me). I think a different set of wheels as Frogman pointed out would be a good addition, and possibly a spoiler extension similar to the RS with a squarer look would make the rear hatch angle not look so extreme. Just thoughts out loud...
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985

Old 01-06-2006, 05:32 PM   #207
mountandriver
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13158
What I Drive: blue Chevy Truck,Jeep Rubicon

FF Reputation: 1 mountandriver Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
IF the ST made it to the US it would get a Fat lip right off. % mph bumpers that would be the change in the bumper. I think the wing would possibly be a good Mod. it's kind of a personal taste thing.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:00 AM   #208
lgzx5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 25124
What I Drive: 02 LG ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 lgzx5 Good Standing Member
it's totally beautiful remake of already cool looking car, plus it looks like the volvos can't beat that, i really hope we get it here but it will probably never happen
Old 01-10-2006, 03:18 PM   #209
zetecfreak
Focus Addict

Fan#: 30875
What I Drive: TURBOD Black 02 SE

FF Reputation: 9 zetecfreak Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
many people on here have said the performance needs to be uped to have a price of the srt-4.
while 0-60 times are better for the srt u must remember 2 things.
1. it s a turbo ford. meaning a simple tune will get u a ton more ponies.
2. its a focus so it out handles the neon and the cobalt( re named cavalier) a hundred to 1. the st probably out breaks both and gets better fuel mileage.
u also have to remember the srt-4 is a chrslyer product which usually means when the warranty is over it breaks.
the focus is slower on the strip yes but faster every were else and more reliable
Old 01-13-2006, 06:20 PM   #210
0CDSilverST5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 26023
What I Drive: 05 ST

FF Reputation: 1 0CDSilverST5 Good Standing Member
If it was AWD I'd pay 24k for it. FWD, I'd pay 20-22k for it (SRT-4 range). I understand it has a nice interior, and MUCH nicer than an SRT-4's, but I always look at performance first in a car, then cosmetics. I do admit, having a nice interior helps with the overall comfort level of a car, even appeal...but if it's mechanically solid with real potential, I'm all over it. I DO admit, I must be attracted to it (exterior) at least. I'm not really about driving a box of bolts around.

Don't hold your breath.

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.”
Geezers need excitement. If their lives don't provide it, they stay inside violence. Common sense, simple common sense.

Bookmarks & Social Networks