How much are you willing to pay for the MK2 Ford Focus ST? - Page 20 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Official Polls & Surveys

Official Polls & Surveys Please take a moment and participate in our online polls and surveys.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: How much are you willing to pay for the MK2 Ford Focus ST?
$15,000-$17,000 185 6.18%
$17,001-$20,000 254 8.48%
$20,001-$23,000 963 32.15%
$23,001-$26,000 912 30.45%
$26,001-$29,000 218 7.28%
$29,001-$32,000 155 5.18%
$32,001-$35,000 81 2.70%
$35,001-$38,000 56 1.87%
Would not buy it 171 5.71%
Voters: 2995. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2006, 12:05 PM   #191
inteller
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29353
What I Drive: 2003 InfraRed EAP SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 inteller Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ford's largest problem is they take a WORLD CAR platform, and then divide R&D costs up among european and north american markets. Their excuse all along with us being stuck with the current NA Focus is "we have to recoup the R&D costs" R&D for what? How much R&D goes into shipping an existing platform from Europe? You know there is a name for companies who only provide excuses.....bankrupt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2006, 04:04 PM   #192
Lucidity
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24961
What I Drive: 2006 United Grey GTI Pkg 2

FF Reputation: 1 Lucidity Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I wouldn't say the 05 interior is worse by any means. When you say squared off I only see a nice more symmetrical interior. The door panels are still great and all the interior needs is really just a splash of color. I find it really hard to believe that anybody thinks that the older interior was great. We need some side by sides on this.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:15 PM   #193
mountandriver
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13158
What I Drive: blue Chevy Truck,Jeep Rubicon

FF Reputation: 1 mountandriver Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Back on the MK2 ST in the Pic I do like the shape of the body style much better than the 02 SVT I own now. The part that I think most improved on the exterior is the hatch I like having the more slope it helps make the focus 3 door look less like a shoe. "seen that on a suturn forum"

My only problem with the car that was pictured in the first post was the color and I'm sure that one is somone's favorite and they'd make any color you could want. I realy don't see any reason a car like that couldn't sell in the low 20's "maybee lower" I'd like to save a little money.

on the difference in what ford sells in the US compared to EU this stuff is the same as things have been for the last 20 years that I can recal,maybee further back than that.

From what I can tell this sort of difference for the american market is nothing unuiqe to Ford,...Look at Pontiac and the "NEW" GTO what's new about it ...an australian version the Hmm.. I can't recall the name but they simple changed the trim and WHalla GTO

Although I do like my SVTF I think the way they basicly took the RS focus "KILLER CAR" watered it down give it fat bumpers and sent it over. I almost forgot about the intake though I think that's unique but I could be wrong

I know I'm and rambeling somwhat in this post but in my defense I'll not charge any extra for that
Old 01-03-2006, 10:17 PM   #194
Oni
Oh yeah!

Fan#: 24899
What I Drive: An unloved Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Oni Good Standing Member
Holden Monaro, and I think it's better looking than the Pontiac split grill thrown on the car. Not to mention, we do not get all the cool performance variants made of the car. And they did take out some of the quality interior bits when they transfered the car here to the states (the "GTO" that is).
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985
Born: 04/25/2003

formerly known as the member ilcowil
Old 01-05-2006, 02:20 AM   #195
Oni
Oh yeah!

I found some pictures (and I'm sure there are plenty elsewhere) of the Focus ST in a little more down to earth color.

I actually kind of like the car in red the most.

It's weird that in the UK, they call the Zetec developed engine for the ST170 as the Duratec.
http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/A_2043/article.html

I wonder why they changed the name. And I also found a partial answer as to who developed what on the SVT/ST170. It turns out the engine was a joint project between SVT and Cosworth.
http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/d...034&optionID=0

And then there's this statement (I think it's from the same article).

"About 7,500 of the SVT Focus will be produced for North America, costing about $18,000. Details on price and availability for the ST170 model destined for Europe and the U.K. will be released at a later date."
http://media.ford.com/article_displa...5&make_id=1049
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985

Old 01-05-2006, 02:22 AM   #196
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
^
The MkII ST would look much better with different wheels...something like the SVT EAP or ST170 mutli-spoke. That weird angle-piece at the end of each spoke doesn't do it for me...

*sighs* I'd move to Europe just for the cars...
Old 01-05-2006, 02:34 AM   #197
Oni
Oh yeah!

I think in some respects the car got much more muscular looking, but overall to me it looks bulked up more like an SUV or minivan on steroids. I think a multispoke wheel or something less complex would flatter the car a little better as well.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985

Old 01-05-2006, 08:41 PM   #198
mountandriver
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13158
What I Drive: blue Chevy Truck,Jeep Rubicon

FF Reputation: 1 mountandriver Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Whare can I make my deposit,I'd like the red one please.

Actualy I guess I'll keep driving my 02 for a while I plan on driving it till the wheels fall off then puting them back on a going a while more.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:46 PM   #199
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by ilcowil
I wonder why they changed the name. And I also found a partial answer as to who developed what on the SVT/ST170. It turns out the engine was a joint project between SVT and Cosworth.
http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/d...034&optionID=0
If you read that link more closely, you'll notice that it was a joint venture between Cosworth and Special Vehicle Engineering, FoE's equivalent of SVT. I think this pretty much seals the "What came first; SVTF or ST170?" debate.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:00 PM   #200
azdamay
Titular Wit Here

Fan#: 27396
What I Drive: 2004 GTO, 1986 Civic Si, 2010 TC

FF Reputation: 8 azdamay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
BUT it also says:

"At the heart of the SVT Focus is a normally aspirated four cylinder engine developed jointly between Fordís SVE team in the U.S. and U.K. and a project team of engineers at Cosworth Technology in Novi, Michigan, and Northampton, England."

I think it's fair to say there was SOME collaboration between the two countries on the project.

Bookmarks & Social Networks