How much are you willing to pay for the MK2 Ford Focus ST? - Page 18 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Official Polls & Surveys

Official Polls & Surveys Please take a moment and participate in our online polls and surveys.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: How much are you willing to pay for the MK2 Ford Focus ST?
$15,000-$17,000 186 6.20%
$17,001-$20,000 256 8.53%
$20,001-$23,000 963 32.10%
$23,001-$26,000 913 30.43%
$26,001-$29,000 218 7.27%
$29,001-$32,000 155 5.17%
$32,001-$35,000 81 2.70%
$35,001-$38,000 56 1.87%
Would not buy it 172 5.73%
Voters: 3000. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2005, 04:32 PM   #171
azdamay
Titular Wit Here

Fan#: 27396
What I Drive: 2004 GTO, 1986 Civic Si, 2010 TC

FF Reputation: 8 azdamay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
And there is your harsh reality of the American market for this car. It's pretty clear from this simple poll (of people who could be considered more enthusiastic about the Focus than the general population, no less) that very few people would be willing to pay the price that would realistically be charged for the Focus ST.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2005, 11:56 PM   #172
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally posted by 2004SVTAutoXer
people who are throwing out these low ball figures either have no idea what the C1 chassis focus ST is or are just retarded. someone should just delete this thread

No kidding...some of them are saying less than the SVTF. Maybe they'd like it if Ford also included AWD at no extra charge as well, and made the car available for less than $15,000.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2005, 08:23 PM   #173
mountandriver
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13158
What I Drive: blue Chevy Truck,Jeep Rubicon

FF Reputation: 1 mountandriver Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally posted by Frogman283

No kidding...some of them are saying less than the SVTF. Maybe they'd like it if Ford also included AWD at no extra charge as well, and made the car available for less than $15,000.
If they could put together a powerful turbo motor and throw in a strong awd drivetrain and price it signi[:)][:)][:)]antly less than the srt or the sti I think ford would definatly have a winner.

And yea bring that price down there for the right price ford couldn't make enough of them.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:51 PM   #174
2004SVTAutoXer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 19123
What I Drive: BMW 335i Coupe, 79 CJ-7

FF Reputation: 26 2004SVTAutoXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
or make any money off any of them . . .
SVT Squad #133 - Traded for 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited in Quartz Silver Metallic - Traded for 2008 BMW 335i Coupe with stock twin turbo Juiceboxed 500whp and 500wtq of N54 goodness.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:56 PM   #175
mountandriver
Focus Enthusiast

If they make a little of each car and sell a lot of them it adds up to a lot of money. But they'd also have to make the most of them automatics and then maybee a 5-6 speed option.

I personaly don't understand why Ford or GM can't make a better car than the imports and sell it for a lot less and comand the market again.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:06 AM   #176
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by mountandriver
If they could put together a powerful turbo motor and throw in a strong awd drivetrain and price it signi[:)][:)][:)]antly less than the srt or the sti I think ford would definatly have a winner.

And yea bring that price down there for the right price ford couldn't make enough of them.
And would you like free gas for a year and a 10 year/200,000 mile warranty with that?

Seriously...the C1 platform ST is like having a Volvo S40 I-5 turbo with a lot more punch...less emphasis on luxury and more on performance. If they brought it here, it would be worth about $32,000-$36,000 depending on options, and it would easily destroy the other domestic FI compacts (SRT-4 and Cobalt SS.)

Its a bit absurd to think that they could make a turbo sport compact with a built motor and an AWD drivetrain, and price it for less than $22,000. The only way you'd even come close to a factory FI Focus for that much here in the 'states is if they started slapping low-boost superchargers on base model Foci with a half-assed tune. I mean, hell, the current NA market "ST" is little more than an '03/'04 PZEV Focus, minus one of the cats with SVT springs and rear disc brakes, and they're charging over $17,000 (MSRP) for that. You have to be insane if you think Ford could make a car with a turbo and AWD and hope to sell it at a profit for anything less than $25,000.

But this is all pretty much useless...like I stated earlier, the best Focus we'll ever see here has already come and gone in the SVT. I wouldn't be surprised if in another five years the Focus is completely phased out and replaced with the European Fiesta (or a new Euro compact if they come out with one), albeit heavily stripped down.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:36 PM   #177
inteller
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29353
What I Drive: 2003 InfraRed EAP SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 inteller Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Dodge didnt seem to have problems making cars with this kind of power for under $20k (SRT-4).
Old 12-29-2005, 12:57 PM   #178
Oni
Oh yeah!

Fan#: 24899
What I Drive: An unloved Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Oni Good Standing Member
Yeah, and Dodge sacrificed a lot of build quality on the interior, suspension tuning, and is running on an age-old platform just to put a PT Cruiser inline-4 with a turbo in the SRT-4. I don't want a Focus built like an SRT-4. I'll gladly pay the extra $3-5k premium if it means I get a car that's all-around good at performance driving.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985
Born: 04/25/2003

formerly known as the member ilcowil
Old 12-29-2005, 06:26 PM   #179
mountandriver
Focus Enthusiast

I think that car for low 20's would sell I'd rather have that than a Beetle turbo.

Basicly I'm saying if american cars are going to stay around there going to have to offer more for less....After buying a mexican built ford lets say I'm probably going to buy a toyota next time if not a subaru
Old 12-29-2005, 08:30 PM   #180
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

^
Ford thinks there is no market for a performance sport compact in the US, and (as I've stated before) they would gladly go out of business to protect the Mustang before they'd bring a car like the MkII ST to the US market. Plus to their way of thinking, anyone who is going to spend over $30,000 on a car will either buy their coveted Mustang, or go elsewhere.

I've come to the same conclusion. Unless Ford makes a radical 180, I'm going with Subaru, Volvo or Mazda for my next vehicle purchase. I like the Focus, but I'm sick of seeing every other auto maker deliver what people want while Ford uses the Focus as a discount economy model.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.