How much are you willing to pay for the MK2 Ford Focus ST? - Page 15 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Official Polls & Surveys

Official Polls & Surveys Please take a moment and participate in our online polls and surveys.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: How much are you willing to pay for the MK2 Ford Focus ST?
$15,000-$17,000 185 6.18%
$17,001-$20,000 254 8.48%
$20,001-$23,000 963 32.15%
$23,001-$26,000 912 30.45%
$26,001-$29,000 218 7.28%
$29,001-$32,000 155 5.18%
$32,001-$35,000 81 2.70%
$35,001-$38,000 56 1.87%
Would not buy it 171 5.71%
Voters: 2995. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2005, 07:29 PM   #141
Lil PZEV
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 242
What I Drive: 2003 TwiBlue 2.3 ZX3

FF Reputation: 15 Lil PZEV Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Just a little FYI, but Sascha's a man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2005, 10:33 AM   #142
Andy-zx3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 22976
What I Drive: 1999 Red 3D 2.0

FF Reputation: 1 Andy-zx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by Lil PZEV

Wow that is very expensive, even for the ST.

About how much does your cheapest Ford cost? Because as you might know, the Focus is Ford's "bottom of the barrel" over here. Or at least, that's the way some view it as, since it's the cheapest model.
Fiesta is our cheapest Ford. It costs with 1.3l engine 15 500$. It's much smaller than Focus.
Cheapest Focus costs about 21 000$. It has 1.4l engine. Quite a slow... Basic 2.0 3D focus costs 30 000$.

Even small cars are expensive here!
Old 12-07-2005, 08:49 PM   #143
Hiroto
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 21214
What I Drive: 2003 SVTF Red

FF Reputation: 1 Hiroto Good Standing Member
As nice as that car is, I still prefer the RS as far as styling is concerned. If people overseas are paying 25 to 30k, then I definitely would not buy one. So far, I've paid 19 for my SVT (which I now own outright), and will be adding a powerworks charger for 5k.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:00 AM   #144
2004SVTAutoXer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 19123
What I Drive: BMW 335i Coupe, 79 CJ-7

FF Reputation: 26 2004SVTAutoXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by Lil PZEV
Just a little FYI, but Sascha's a man.
I knew that too, not sure how or why an s slipped in there the other day. Prolly had just got home from work =/
SVT Squad #133 - Traded for 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited in Quartz Silver Metallic - Traded for 2008 BMW 335i Coupe with stock twin turbo Juiceboxed 500whp and 500wtq of N54 goodness.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:50 AM   #145
cct86
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 19225
What I Drive: 04 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 1 cct86 Good Standing Member
i LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2005, 01:28 AM   #146
phatlt23
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5511
What I Drive: 2002 Focus MACH Audio ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 phatlt23 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Can someone like me order a set of the rims?
SEDAN REVOLUTION #190
ZETEC Crew # 33

14.92 @ 92
13.92@102 with 65 shot
Old 12-15-2005, 06:00 AM   #147
pspringe
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 17992
What I Drive: 95 Metro, 03 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 5 pspringe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by 2004SVTAutoXer
Upon sending Ford the following email:
-----------------------------
Just wanted to say that I think the European Focus ST is an incredibly well done product, and would love to see it brought to the US market. It has a lot more personality than the Volvo S40.
I got the following reply:
Dear Justin,

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding the Euro Ford Focus.

The Sales Department of your local dealership is in the best position to advise you of vehicle availability or pricing. Ford and Lincoln-Mercury dealerships are independently owned and operated and as such, set their own prices for vehicle sales.

To locate a Ford or Lincoln-Mercury dealership, please visit www.genuineflmservice.com.

You may also obtain Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Pricing (MSRP) for the model and option configuration you are seeking through our Brand web sites. Simply select the site for the model you are interested in, and you will be able to configure and price the vehicle of your choice:

www.fordvehicles.com
www.lincolnvehicles.com
www.mercuryvehicles.com

If you would like to request a complimentary sales brochure, please use the following phone numbers:

Ford: 1-800-301-7430
Lincoln: 1-800-688-8898
Mercury: 1-888-566-8888

We consider the satisfaction of our customers one of our most important objectives. If you have any other inquiries or concerns, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them for you.

Sincerely,
Noor
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company
----------------------------------------------

I've lost my faith in American car companies with decisions like this. If all your best models are in Europe, why should we buy your cars? They're too brain dead to even offer a literate response from their overpaid CSRs.

Until Ford produces something appealing I'll be purchasing foreign manufactured vehicles.
They don't have to tell you why they aren't going to sell it here. Obviously, there is no market for it. Just because there is 200 people on a forum who claim they are willing to pay premium for it. That's not enough, to risk competing with other high performance models they other high performance model (Mustang).

It is kind of absurd to think that these small group of people know more about the marketing of these vehicles than the executives who have been active in the idustry their whole lives. No one here is exposed to the same material they are.

Kariertes Hemd und Samenstau, ich studier' Maschienenbau.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:10 PM   #148
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
^
If there's no market for a high performance sport compact, then why are the other two US makers able to sell their respective high-performance compacts (Cobalt SS and the SRT-4)? Not to mention the WRX/STi and Evo...plus its not like Ford had any problems selling the SVT Focus.

The answer isn't that there's no market for a performance sport compact...its that Ford constantly panders to the Mustang crowd. For example, can you name the highly-popular Ford two door midside coupe that was cancelled in the mid-90's when its sales began to eclipse the Mustang's? Remember the Probe? Sure the name was stupid as hell, but it wasn't a bad car...and talking of boneheaded marketing manuvers...you have a car that's selling well, but in keeping with protecting the company "flagship" vehicle you cancel the line. Yeah...take a successful-selling vehicle and trash it because you want to protect the Mustang. Lets face it; Ford is never going to sell anything in the US or Canada that will give a Mustang a run for its money off the lot, excluding the GT (which isn't exactly affordable to the general public, or readily available.)

And speaking of the executives "knowing what they're doing" as far as marketing is concerned...I seriously doubt Ford would be in as much trouble as they are right now if the executives could successfully run the company.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:33 AM   #149
azdamay
Titular Wit Here

Fan#: 27396
What I Drive: 2004 GTO, 1986 Civic Si, 2010 TC

FF Reputation: 8 azdamay Good Standing Member
What constitutes "highly-popular" anyway? They sold a little over 830,000 Probes over the span of 8 years... that's good but doesn't qualify as "highly-popular" to me. The figures I found suggested that only 32,505 Probes were sold in 1997, the last year for the Probe. I don't even have to look to know they sold more Mustangs in the same model year. So how was it about to "eclipse" the sales of the Mustang?
Old 12-18-2005, 01:17 AM   #150
tkinsel5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17379
What I Drive: 2002 red svt

FF Reputation: 1 tkinsel5 Good Standing Member
the old voice of reason here again ya'll...

i love my 02 svt focus. i named him lucky. 13 grand at south bay ford in hermosa 1 yr ago, about 2 grand in mods this yr, and it is a little beast. in a good way, of course...

now, to the q at hand. i would only pay about 15k, max. let someone else swallow a couple yrs depreciation. because you can get a used 350 z for like 22k, a used wrx sti for about the same, not mention a must gt for super frickin cheap!

now these are different cars then the foci, true. the only real comp is the mini cooper s works, which is god awful expensive, and silly lookin to boot. the volvo has the quality, but no sporting pedigree. not only will the other american small cars depreciate/fall apart/ torque steer like hell, but they ugly...

which brings up me next topic! i've driven everything, my dad worked for porsche for 35 yrs, i kinda been around. even with modern electronics, no fwd should be asked to handle more than 250 hp. more power ain't the answer guys. engineers at lotus know that. it's control. now if ford would offer a 4wd rs here, that's a whole other shootin match...

whew! thanks fellas! t*

Bookmarks & Social Networks