How To: Adding an OEM Tachometer Cluster on a 2005-up - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-02-2007, 08:06 AM   #51
cruzstyle
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12277
What I Drive: 2005 white focus zx3

FF Reputation: 5 cruzstyle Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i added my own after market tach from summit racing for about 30 bucks and its small with a built in shift light. i think its like 3 inchs. thats a cheper way to go then getting a new cluster. because u can buy it from 2 places

1 from ford for like 400 bucks plus pay to have it programed to your car so the miles and options match

2 get one off a wrecked focus and still have to pay around 100+ bucks to get it then have it still take it to ford and have it programed to your car. or not program it at all and have the miles not match your OEM cluster and not match your DMV recored. so now u have an 06 with 60,000 miles after 3 months so your car is worth nothing now. plus all the lights in the cluster will be on unless u put black tape over the lights that go to options that u dont have IE traction control and stuff like that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2007, 08:14 AM   #52
FranticFocus05
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 28429
What I Drive: 1993 Silver LX Foxbody

FF Reputation: 6 FranticFocus05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzstyle View Post
i added my own after market tach from summit racing for about 30 bucks and its small with a built in shift light. i think its like 3 inchs. thats a cheper way to go then getting a new cluster. because u can buy it from 2 places

1 from ford for like 400 bucks plus pay to have it programed to your car so the miles and options match

2 get one off a wrecked focus and still have to pay around 100+ bucks to get it then have it still take it to ford and have it programed to your car. or not program it at all and have the miles not match your OEM cluster and not match your DMV recored. so now u have an 06 with 60,000 miles after 3 months so your car is worth nothing now. plus all the lights in the cluster will be on unless u put black tape over the lights that go to options that u dont have IE traction control and stuff like that

You forgot about #3 contacting Mike (b16sir1991) and having him pick you one up for $65 and come to find out he had a ST gauge cluster. Perfectly plug and play. I ended up going from my odo reading 36K to 6K. You can find them believe me! If you really wanted to you should be able to go to your local ford dealer and have them program it shouldnt cost much but you might be without the car for a day.
2004 Durango 4x4: ------------ DD & Two Vehicle
Old 05-03-2007, 08:46 AM   #53
cruzstyle
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12277
What I Drive: 2005 white focus zx3

FF Reputation: 5 cruzstyle Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i didnt know mike was selling the for so cheap. i haven't called that guy in a while i should give his a ring and see how hes doing and how plans for his shop are coming
Old 05-03-2007, 09:04 AM   #54
Bochet
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 39091
What I Drive: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS

FF Reputation: 6 Bochet Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
personally i don't want to risk odometer fraud if i decide to sell the car, just my humble opinion.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:22 AM   #55
FranticFocus05
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bochet View Post
personally i don't want to risk odometer fraud if i decide to sell the car, just my humble opinion.
Try that is a very good point. I never plan on selling the car. If I did think I would ever sell the car I would have ford update it to fix it correctly.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:15 PM   #56
LIL GIANT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 34553
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 LIL GIANT Good Standing Member
i have a 2005 tachless 5-spd
could you pm me so that i can know which one to actually get....
thanks
Team D-Tec #71.
Blacked out Headlights and grill. K&N Air Chager CAI, 67 MM TB. SVT suspension that is 2 inch plus.
Currently enrolled in UTI.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:34 PM   #57
cyberposer
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 47278
What I Drive: silver 4 door

FF Reputation: 1 cyberposer Good Standing Member
Did my tach 2007 s

My 2007 tach was 240.00 from maroone Ford in Florida, call 954 972 2720 ask for Pringle .Sam from steeda programed it ,took 15 minutes ,P.S. when you order tach he will put any mileage you now have on the new tach.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:26 PM   #58
LIL GIANT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 34553
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 LIL GIANT Good Standing Member
where i live.. langdale said they will for 70 bucks.. juss need to find the tach.. canan 04 part work on a 05 car.. like cosmetics and tachs
Team D-Tec #71.
Blacked out Headlights and grill. K&N Air Chager CAI, 67 MM TB. SVT suspension that is 2 inch plus.
Currently enrolled in UTI.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:21 PM   #59
remusrm
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1250
What I Drive: 09 MS3

FF Reputation: 1 remusrm Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxtunerdotcom View Post
How to change Speedo Clusters from Non-Tach style to Tach style on a 2005 in 10 Easy Steps:

Estimated time: 30 minutes max.

1. Purchase a Speedo/Tach. In 2005, the instrument clusters were changed in wiring and construction, making it mandatory that a 2005-2006 cluster be used (2000-2004 will not work). I purchased my cluster at car-part.com for $85 shipped.

2. Disconnect the negative cable on your car's battery.

3. Tools needed: 7mm combination wrench, 7mm and 8mm sockets w/ ratchet or nut driver.

4. With the 8mm socket, remove the two bolts on the lower dash trim, at about steering column level. The whole panel does not to be removed, so you can leave the lower hood cable, OBD2 plug, and attaching bolts alone.

5. Pry the lower trim panel back on the far left corner to gain access to the single bolt securing the dash trim, located right below the headlight switch.

6. Remove the bolt with a 7mm combination wrench.

7. Now it's time to remove the instrument trim panel - it just tugs loose. Once it's free from it's clips, disconnect the rubber flap that sits between the steering column and the trim panel. It's held on with rubber nipples that fit in slots on the trim panel - just pull them out one at a time.
Then, disconnect the electrical plug on the Trunk release button. The button pops out easily too. The trim panel should now be ready to lift off.

8. All that's left now is 1 plug and 4 bolts. Remove the 4 bolts attaching the cluster to the dash, and disconnect the plug. The plug latches like a basket handle - just pry up the black handle and the plug will seperate from the cluster. To plug it back on, push the handle back down and it will suck the plug onto the speedo cluster's socket.

9. I found that if your car does not have ABS or Traction Control, the cluster will illuminate the traction control, abs, and brake warning lamps whenever the key is on. To avoid staring at them lit up all the time, I remedied this by removing the upper lens and bezel from the actual speedo cluster and applying black tape over the offending led bulb lenses. When I put the bezel back on, it became impossible to tell they were permanently lit. The only down side I can see by doing this is the Brake warning lamp is now inoperable so if you're one of those who drives away with your emergency brake on or you don't check your brake fluid level periodically, this mod might not be for you.

10. It's time to install the cluster! Just put everything back on in the order it came off and you'll be done! Go enjoy!

Rob

i did this and the abs light does not work... even did the test to see if all the light work on the cluster and they do, but abs does not show when i first turn on the car... what could be wrong... the car did not have the abs where the cluster came from?

BUT NOW I GOT A MS3!!!
294hp/356tq he he:-)
Old 07-26-2007, 03:30 PM   #60
FranticFocus05
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIL GIANT View Post
where i live.. langdale said they will for 70 bucks.. juss need to find the tach.. canan 04 part work on a 05 car.. like cosmetics and tachs
Nope man a 04 cluster wont fit in an 05

Quote:
Originally Posted by remusrm View Post
i did this and the abs light does not work... even did the test to see if all the light work on the cluster and they do, but abs does not show when i first turn on the car... what could be wrong... the car did not have the abs where the cluster came from?
Umm thats a good question did you get it from someone or out of a wrecked car? Could be the car didnt have abs and was special orderd with the tach cluster... umm other then that I dont know.

Bookmarks & Social Networks