"How To" - Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement - Page 7 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 11:11 PM   #61
nomad327
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 19440
What I Drive: red 2002 svt focus

FF Reputation: 13 nomad327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
bleed screw is on top of transaxle at the front, follow the tube to find it. It's hard to get a good bleed, I did some initial priming with a small suck tube, looked like a real big syringe with a short clear tube. Got it at wal-mart for a couple bucks and used it to suck on the bleed screw, that got the fluid drawn down in enough that the master cylinder was wetted inside at least.
    Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2008, 12:01 PM   #62
scrammer
Banned

Fan#: 26570
What I Drive: February 2010 ROTM

FF Reputation: 172 scrammer Excellent Standing Member scrammer Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
it is wise to bench bleed the CMS. i was told this after the fact. 11mm open end wrench and a friend pumping the pedal.
pump 10 times hold the clutch down and open the nipple a LITTLE. close the nipple and they can pump 10 more times. this will take a while.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #63
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
^
Sounds like a good excuse to invest in a power bleeder...

I bought one a few years ago and never looked back. Easiest way to bleed any part of the hydraulic system, fill it to the line with brake fluid, attach it to the brake fluid reservior, give it a few pumps and then just go open the bleeders and the pressure does the rest. Bled my clutch in about 5 minutes when I did my master cylinder and when I replaced the whole clutch. Best $60 I ever spent.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:37 PM   #64
TeamPrecisionIT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49174
What I Drive: 2002 Black ZX3 HB

FF Reputation: 1 TeamPrecisionIT Good Standing Member
Why is this not stickied?
Old 02-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #65
TeamPrecisionIT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49174
What I Drive: 2002 Black ZX3 HB

FF Reputation: 1 TeamPrecisionIT Good Standing Member
Maybe I am not searching right or am blind, which is possible, but is this even in the How-to Archive? Anyway, I wanted to lend a hand and give out the tools needed list:

Sockets: 13mm (for pedal bracket), 10mm (can be used for MC but will definitely need to be used for removing hose bracket from firewall) and at least a 8in extension (again for pedal bracket and firewall bracket) to go with them
Wrenches: 10mm (opt - will make removing the two bolts holding MC easier if they are rachet-type wrenches - i.e. gearwrenches), 11mm (box end, non rachet) for bleeder screw)

If I am leaving anything else out, please post up.

Damian
Old 03-03-2008, 06:21 PM   #66
rurockn
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 45008
What I Drive: 2002 Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 rurockn Good Standing Member
Did anyone every verify what the updated part number is? I called the Ford dealership down the street and after ten minutes I gave up on them.
1980 Fairmont 4-door, 351C, S400 turbo, Megasquirt EFI...yep, it moves.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:34 PM   #67
mofocus
mefocuslongtime

Fan#: 5
What I Drive: Beltfed,extra pullified,weeemachine

FF Reputation: 6 mofocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
try mike at hilbish, he should be able to get it for you, i might be getting one from him soon too.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:03 PM   #68
ford'sford
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 52153
What I Drive: 2004 sonic blue svt

FF Reputation: 1 ford'sford Good Standing Member
hey guys it's me again, since completing the CMC replace Ive had trouble keeping the bolt that keeps the CMC plunger attached to the clutch pedal, because i cannot torque it down enough so that it stays put. Every couple of weeks the outside nut loosens followed by the inside one, then I have some sloppyness in the clutch engagement, so i tighten it down again. Do you guys have any suggestions?
Old 04-08-2008, 09:25 AM   #69
rurockn
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 45008
What I Drive: 2002 Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 rurockn Good Standing Member
Thanks for the tips. I replaced mine with the airbox removal method because I wanted to take the SVT shift lever counter weight off at the same time. I also bench bled the master cylinder before installing it. From start to finish it took about 2 hours tops including one-man-bleeding the clutch line myself and putting tools away. It's nice to finally have that brake fluid stink out of my car!
1980 Fairmont 4-door, 351C, S400 turbo, Megasquirt EFI...yep, it moves.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:52 PM   #70
Ychocky
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 55408
What I Drive: 2002 Black Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 Ychocky Good Standing Member
Hello all!

Found this wonderful resource in a pretty simple google search! :D

I have a 2002 ZTS

The Clutch pedal pin's weld snapped and was stressing the white plastic push rod , it finally broke off.

Silly me, I went to the local Ford dealer. I was quoted $930 CDN + tax for the Pedal (simple weld right?) the Clutch Master Cylinder, fluid, and then incredibly the red switch (ignition?)

This thread give me hope.

Any Canadian members reccomend a place to pick up a Clutch Master Cylinder? I was quoted $89 from Ford

Cheers love the site!
Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.