Rally of France - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-25-2005, 05:13 PM   #11
Geezer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1427
What I Drive: 99 miata, 05Mazda6, 09GTI, 12Imprez

FF Reputation: 141 Geezer Excellent Standing MemberGeezer Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Other than the Evos being back I'm not aware of any confirmed new cars. There's rumblings that Mazda might be interested in campaigning the new Mazdaspeed3 AWD but I doubt Ford would be interested in letting them do that. A Mazdaspeed3 is being prepared by a private team with some corporate support to rally in the US and Canada next year. The big news for us in the U.S. is that Patrick Richard (the U.S. and Canadian rally champ) and Travis Pastrana (the 21 year old motocross and Xgames geek) will have some support from Subaru to drive Group N cars on the World Rally circuit next year.

It appears that Skoda is going to increase their presence as well. Sounds like Colin and Micky were reasonably happy with the ride in England and it sounds like they are doing some development work for them. This is exactly how Citeron and Peugeot got started several years ago when they were not well known for their rallying exploits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2005, 05:11 PM   #12
zal
Focus Addict

Fan#: 28635
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black LX

FF Reputation: 1 zal Good Standing Member
i can't stand loeb, he's a cocky mother [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]*er, he's such a [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g dick! the only nice thing he ever did was ot win the rally GB, anyways, i can't wait to see the new focus and impreza next season, it'll make for some interesting rallies. Gronholm in a focus is gonna tear some shit up! he's a beast, i really hope either Gronholm or Solberg can bring Loeb down. did anyone hear that the new focus is gonna be at the rally australia? i can;t wait, also mcrae and grist are having another go, australia looks to be a fun rally!
MacBook 2.0 Black
"The Focus looks kinda like a retarded shark with wheels"
Old 10-31-2005, 07:40 PM   #13
Oni
Oh yeah!

Fan#: 24899
What I Drive: An unloved Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Oni Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Loeb cocky? I disagree. I've never seen him once put down another driver or claim he was the better driver. If he says he thinks he's capable of doing something, he's not being cocky. He's just a confident driver, and he has damn good skills to back up that confidence. I'd say all the drivers are pretty humble in their nature and attitude.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985
Born: 04/25/2003

formerly known as the member ilcowil
Old 10-31-2005, 07:51 PM   #14
zal
Focus Addict

yeah but as far as WRC drivers go, he's the cockiest, i really do like that all of the drivers support one another, none of this bullshit nascar drama. i guess it kind of pisses me off that he beats all of my favorite drivers and teams and seems to never screw up, but honestly, of all the drivers there, he's got the biggest ego, not that its nascar level or anything, i'd much rather see loeb win a rally, than almost any of those nascar [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]*s.
MacBook 2.0 Black
Old 10-31-2005, 08:00 PM   #15
Oni
Oh yeah!

Hmm, I've never thought of him to have a big ego. He has a good team, and he's an excellent driver. We'll see how he does in the privateer/works car next year.

The only time I was really a fan of him was when he first ran a full season and beat Makinen at the rally of Monte Carlo. But since he and Citroen started dominating, it's taken some of the fun out of watching the WRC. I just love it when it's close and you don't know who's going to win the championship in the end, and I also like it when the winner usually varies for each rally. Hopefully come next year, it will be a little more random like that. Honestly, I think Gronholm is one of the only other drivers that drives consistently well on any surface as much as Loeb can.

You also have to realize that Loeb is very good. When McRae and Sainz were running with Citroen, they still couldn't match Loeb's driving skill, and those are two legends of the sport. I think Duval's another good driver (well, they're all good drivers...) because he can be surprisingly fast, but he doesn't seem to pace well and typically crashes out on his best events. Anyway, that's my one and a half cents.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985

Old 10-31-2005, 09:06 PM   #16
zal
Focus Addict

Duval needs to lighten up on his brakes, i've never seen anyone go through breaks like him, but once he fixes that, he'll be up there, i wish solberg would step it up a notch, he's such a talented driver, he was SLAMMING through rally japan, i was amazed at his skills! as for Loeb, as a driver he scares me, he's a monster behind that wheel, i was watching spain last night and its not wonder he kicks the shit out of everyone, i just can't wait for McRae next season, maybe with mitsubishi too! also gronholm will do MUCH better in a focus, the new car is supposed to be quite the beast, we'll have to see
MacBook 2.0 Black
Old 11-01-2005, 05:47 PM   #17
Geezer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1427
What I Drive: 99 miata, 05Mazda6, 09GTI, 12Imprez

FF Reputation: 141 Geezer Excellent Standing MemberGeezer Excellent Standing Member
Unfortunately it seems all top not athletes have ego problems. Its necessary to convince yourself that your better than the other guy and your personality ends up displaying that. You have to be totally psyched to compete at those levels. Loeb to me is pretty low key. The guy who had an ego problem was Carlos Sainz. When something went wrong he always had an excuse, but it never included driver error. Granted he was good but he was a big baby too. His co-driver was even a bigger baby. To a degree, Gronholm is like that too, but he also seems a little too stuffy rather than egotistical. Petter is clearly the "Mr. Personality" of the bunch and that's why he's so well liked.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:39 PM   #18
zal
Focus Addict

I love gornholm, he is a wee bit cocky, but he's funny. i sadly never got to se sainz in action. although i'm sure he had the aforementioned ego problem.
MacBook 2.0 Black
Old 11-01-2005, 06:41 PM   #19
Oni
Oh yeah!

Sometimes it seems like Petter's the only one that gets real satisfaction out of racing.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985

Old 11-02-2005, 12:27 AM   #20
zal
Focus Addict

but when he fails man is it sad. the rally japan was the saddest thing i've ever seen, especially considering the circumstances under which he retired
MacBook 2.0 Black

Bookmarks & Social Networks