Need help with this code. 9318 - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-08-2007, 06:42 AM   #11
pitchblackab
Focus Addict

Fan#: 210
What I Drive: 2002 zx3 power premium auto

FF Reputation: 1 pitchblackab Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I know this is an old post but was there any resolution i have searched and everyone has these same problems but no on is listing what the fix was, I am having the 262 and 9318. And my car turns off.

So any fixes ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2007, 09:17 AM   #12
Toolman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 27202
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ZX3,Egg Yolk Yellow

FF Reputation: 1 Toolman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2 View Post
DTC 9318 is a LOW BATTERY VOLTAGE (below 10 volts).
Hey pitchblackab - one of those codes WAS talked about. But the 'D262 Missing SCP Message' doesn't tell little old me much. If your battery is near death though - there's a chance that fixing that code (9318) will resolve the other one as well. At a quick guess, either your battery is bad, your alternator isn't charging your battery, the voltage regulator isn't doing it's job - or you're missing a belt, like my son was the other day, when his battery wasn't charging! Have you got the repair book from any auto store for your vehicle? It will tell you how to check your charging system. Some auto stores, like Auto Zone, will sometimes go out to your car and test things.
And it's stating the obvious - but our cars run dependent on the computer. No electrical power (via alternator or battery) means the computer doesn't run - which means your engine can't run.
Team Duratec #20, ATX Faction #11
Enkei wheels,HPS Intake, Ported TB, Tein S Tech springs,SVT shocks,Billet Grills,Debadged,Custom Exhaust,Black Headlights,tinted tails & markers,12" Polk GNX124 Sub, Polk db571 front speakers, Panasonic HU.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:16 PM   #13
pitchblackab
Focus Addict

Fan#: 210
What I Drive: 2002 zx3 power premium auto

FF Reputation: 1 pitchblackab Good Standing Member
Hmm well i think i tracked this down to an over tightened(SP) battery terminal clamp that broke, probably happened when my car was at the body shop last week. Its pretty much just hanging on the terminal, the car charges but as it moves and the terminal loosens the car dies so I will replace that and check form there.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:24 PM   #14
Toolman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 27202
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ZX3,Egg Yolk Yellow

FF Reputation: 1 Toolman Good Standing Member
error

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchblackab View Post
Hmm well i think i tracked this down to an over tightened(SP) battery terminal clamp that broke, probably happened when my car was at the body shop last week. Its pretty much just hanging on the terminal, the car charges but as it moves and the terminal loosens the car dies so I will replace that and check form there.
Dude, that would so totally explain the battery error code! And, I still hold out hope that solving that issue will resolve the other error condition that caused the other code. Good luck!
Team Duratec #20, ATX Faction #11
Enkei wheels,HPS Intake, Ported TB, Tein S Tech springs,SVT shocks,Billet Grills,Debadged,Custom Exhaust,Black Headlights,tinted tails & markers,12" Polk GNX124 Sub, Polk db571 front speakers, Panasonic HU.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:08 PM   #15
jaimz
my car breaks!

Fan#: 23734
What I Drive: 02 silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 jaimz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
i know this is an old thread, but don't use the ODBII codes in this thread thier wrong! for instance the code P0193 isn't "Engine Fuel Temperature Sensor circuit" it's "Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor High Voltage"

just a tip from a guy that has a P0193 code ;)
Old 08-08-2007, 08:26 AM   #16
DELFINS
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 49334
What I Drive: focus 2006 silver zx5

FF Reputation: 1 DELFINS Good Standing Member
also i got (9318) dtc code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolman View Post
Hey pitchblackab - one of those codes WAS talked about. But the 'D262 Missing SCP Message' doesn't tell little old me much. If your battery is near death though - there's a chance that fixing that code (9318) will resolve the other one as well. At a quick guess, either your battery is bad, your alternator isn't charging your battery, the voltage regulator isn't doing it's job - or you're missing a belt, like my son was the other day, when his battery wasn't charging! Have you got the repair book from any auto store for your vehicle? It will tell you how to check your charging system. Some auto stores, like Auto Zone, will sometimes go out to your car and test things.
And it's stating the obvious - but our cars run dependent on the computer. No electrical power (via alternator or battery) means the computer doesn't run - which means your engine can't run.
hi, i have this problem too (9318), and i am very worried about that becasuse my battery and alternator are new, i checked all the wires too many time and it is ok, and this dtc code is still appearing, some body told me couldbe a problem with the pcm but i really dont know, if you have more information about this code causes (9318) please help me
Old 08-08-2007, 11:17 AM   #17
penguin
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 21700
What I Drive: 2005 Infrared ZXW

FF Reputation: 109 penguin Excellent Standing Memberpenguin Excellent Standing Member
> hi, i have this problem too (9318)

If you are getting this code from the odometer test mode, as opposed to a OBD-II code reader, and there are no other symptoms, ignore it -- the odo test mode codes are extremely unreliable.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:59 AM   #18
jaybuzz
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101200
What I Drive: 2005 brown zx4

FF Reputation: 1 jaybuzz Good Standing Member
while driving to nc engine light came on . stopped at advanced auto parts for diag. code came up 1220 what needs to be done to fix problem.. any help will be appreciated

thanks
jaybuzz

Bookmarks & Social Networks