New Track Times - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-16-2005, 06:21 PM   #11
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 9775
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver ZX3, 1993 Coral Reef Blue 5.0 LX Coupe Mustang, 2005 Windveil Blue V6 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 kenpokid Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally posted by DrkKnight614
wow those are really good times, your basically close to where a stock svt runs.....you two kenpokid your running good too ............... i wish my car was manual and i had more money lol.
lol...a stock SVT runs mid-low 15s with a good driver. If I had the things I needed, I would be running what a stock SVT does, if not, quicker.

Quote:
Originally posted by gump1114
to be honest i have no idea if im running lean... the car is still in the shop getting the clutch, flywheel, lsd, head, cams, and cam gears installed. so i havent had a chance to drive it yet with all that stuff... do you think im running out of injector and thats why i'd be running lean? or just because there is more airflow? btw a chip is the next thing on my list.
You are definitely not running out of injectors to be running lean. I assume you are running lean because the adaptive ECU on our cars likes to try to stay as close to Stoichiometric Air Fuels (14.6) as possible. So if you dont have a tune to richin it up, the car will run lean with all those mods, which isn't a bad thing, but you don't want to run lean all the time. Our engines like to be lean, so I was saying that if you added copious amounts of timing, ran it pretty lean, and just to be safe, had some race gas in it, then the car would scream. My 15.7 was on a rich tune with lots of timing and tires spinning, so imagine if I ran lean with lots of timing and no tires spinning...
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2005, 06:24 PM   #12
gump1114
DTF

Fan#: 13164
What I Drive: 04 Neon SRT-4, '96 Eagle Talon

FF Reputation: 6 gump1114 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
any guess on what you think i could run? i have good tires (fusion zri).

btw sorry to jack the thread
Old 10-16-2005, 09:16 PM   #13
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver ZX3, 1993 Coral Reef Blue 5.0 LX Coupe Mustang, 2005 Windveil Blue V6 Mustang

if you let the air out of them to about 20 psi, go round the water hole and do a dry hop burnout, then launch at about 3 grand, you could do a 15.5@89. You just need your 60' to be a 2.2 or less.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:29 PM   #14
FocusInAlaska
Focus Addict

Fan#: 18038
What I Drive: 2004 Ford Comp. Orange SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 5 FocusInAlaska Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I agree. Your trap speed says it all. Your getting out of the hole in a great way but are losing it at high RPMs. I expect you to kick some (more) ass when you get it sorted out.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:39 AM   #15
fokuzx3
teh tranny killer

Fan#: 15685
What I Drive: r.i.p. liquid grey zx3....now 300zx

FF Reputation: 1 fokuzx3 Good Standing Member
thanks for the comments guys...it is a huge leak, the first 1/8th ive got most cars beat, but then its like agggg there goes wrx, preludes, h22 accords, gsrs, and of course svt foci...next time i go to the track i should have my kumho tires w/ rotas and i think im going also invest in a 2000 ported intake mani and the fs 4-1 header n flex..that should get me goin into the lower 15s, i love this cooler wheather..

about the lean thing, my chip has me right at 13...unless your goin with boost, or stg 3+ cams, stock fuel is fine, the chip will take care of the rest..g2g ill be on later..thanks again
zetec crew #23
zetec R.I.P. best standing 1/4 time= 15.260 @88.08 mph (2.275 60)
Quote:
Originally Posted by warneej View Post
it takes a minute to get used to, kinda like shaving your balls.. haha
Old 10-17-2005, 09:20 AM   #16
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

13 is prolly perfect. I would ask your tuner to lean it in the top end (3500 to 6500) a bit and turn your knock sensor completely off so you rnt pulling any timing, so you can run some race gas. Will help your mph a bit.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:43 AM   #17
Svt4life
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2462
What I Drive: 2002 Redfire Mustang Gt

FF Reputation: 1 Svt4life Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
just give urself more time at the track and some practice im sure u can run some very decent times with the mods you have.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:44 PM   #18
fokuzx3
teh tranny killer

Fan#: 15685
What I Drive: r.i.p. liquid grey zx3....now 300zx

FF Reputation: 1 fokuzx3 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by kenpokid
13 is prolly perfect. I would ask your tuner to lean it in the top end (3500 to 6500) a bit and turn your knock sensor completely off so you rnt pulling any timing, so you can run some race gas. Will help your mph a bit.
hmm, ill have to call andy and see what he can do about that...my mods have changed alot since i got my superchip so i could prob get a better program built in for my mods from ray at mcnews as well
zetec crew #23
zetec R.I.P. best standing 1/4 time= 15.260 @88.08 mph (2.275 60)
Quote:
Originally Posted by warneej View Post
it takes a minute to get used to, kinda like shaving your balls.. haha
Old 10-17-2005, 02:13 PM   #19
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by fokuzx3
hmm, ill have to call andy and see what he can do about that...my mods have changed alot since i got my superchip so i could prob get a better program built in for my mods from ray at mcnews as well
yup...I wouldn't reccomend having the knock sensor off for street driving. My dad is an SCT tuner, so we have been experimenting with the car a bit. I drove for a week or two with it off runnin 93, and heard no audible knock, it prolly was knocking a little bit, but we were running the car rich then so...I just am pretty sure that lots of timing - 30+ degrees, with the knock sensor turned off, and lean A/Fs - 13.5, and 116 Oct. would be the perfect combo. I havn't tried it yet, but I do know that the car runs faster when it is lean.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:34 PM   #20
Autoworks
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 25984
What I Drive: An Autoworks Built Honda

FF Reputation: 1 Autoworks Good Standing Member
YOU CAN DO IT!!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.