"Official" Hawaii Photo Thread - Page 86 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Regional Forums > Hawaii Fanatics

Hawaii Fanatics Serving the Hawaii, Maui, Lānai, Molokai, Oahu and Kauai island regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-09-2010, 02:02 AM   #851
Kauai Guy
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Fan#: 58297
What I Drive: Car

Points 6,484, Level 52
Points: 6,484, Level: 52 Points: 6,484, Level: 52 Points: 6,484, Level: 52
Level Up 67% Completed
Level up: 67% Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 17 Kauai Guy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Wish I had the money for it, that would be soo sweet! The guy's been selling it for a while though, I seen it on eBay a few times.

Oh, I bought some HID projectors, retrofitted ST170's are in my future
Sedan Revolution #150 Hatch Nation #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalfocus01 View Post
Because I'm on a boat and I just had sex
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2010, 02:55 AM   #852
skittles
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 60967
What I Drive: 2003 black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 skittles Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
thanks it was worth a shot but i think i may have it figured out. And as for the SVT its an amazing version of the focus but can be an expensive and painful project. I would like to get some more ideas about what i should do to it if you guys could shoot me some ideas
Old 03-09-2010, 02:58 AM   #853
Kauai Guy
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Points 6,484, Level 52
Level Up 67% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
You can trade it to me for my sedan, that's an idea

Quote:
Old 03-11-2010, 08:35 PM   #854
miragesmack
Focus Addict

Fan#: 65159
What I Drive: 2000 Sony Edition Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 miragesmack Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Wow, I like the Hawaii forum! Mostly because all the Euro bits you guys are discussing. I started at the end, and have worked my way back about 20 pages so far. Mind if I ask some euro questions?

KeepitKauai, did you get my PM? Sometimes they don't go out for some reason. I appreciate your help on those other questions I had was the gist of it.

Euro Questions: I'm talking with a guy in England about some bits and pieces. I know a little, but have questions on details. Would love your thoughts!

1) I need a new switch to add fogs. Is it better to get the euro version? It seems they have many more options over there, front and rear fogs, dim or no dim, etc.

2) Interior door handles. I will eventually need the chrome handle version for my future interior plans. Does the euro handle fit exact on US models? It looks slightly different to me.

3) Euro Sedan tail lights. I found a guy that is "thinking about" shipping the tail lights. I'd like to get the sockets and pigtails, or is there an entire trunk harness I can get? Does that just plug right in?

4) Ghia grill. Not sure which one I dig, I kinda like the one KIK linked, facelift, but this guy has a Ghia. Is the bottom Ghia grill EXACTLY the same as the US standard version? I can't tell about the vertical slats, they are always hard to see in pics.

5) Any other parts I should enquire about (that I don't know about) on his car he is parting? Mainly smaller parts, trying to take advantage of shipping several things at once. He has new headlights, but I know that's a no go due to RHD.

Lastly, what's the deal with headlights, and which models fit which years? I see some that say they fit 00-04, then some that say 02-04, which is really >10/01-04. Is it the shape that doesn't fit, or is it the wiring? I don't see how some can fit all 5 years, then some only fit 3 years. What gives? I have a 2000 sedan, which is why I ask.

PS I will not make a habit of this, I promise. I've already learned more in your forum than most others combined. Good stuff.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:11 PM   #855
Kauai Guy
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Points 6,484, Level 52
Level Up 67% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Yup, I got your PM

1) As far as the euro switch goes, they came with rear fog and leveling standard, and front fogs, and dimmer were dependant on the model.

Switches with F/R fog, leveling, and dimmer were off of Ghia models I believe (the switch that YZ04 has.) Ones with F/R fog, dimmer and no leveling were off of cars with the HID headlights (auto-leveling are required on HID equipped vehicles). And ones with F/R fog, dimmer, and leveling came on most cars (the switch I have).

The one I bought was about $80 shipped from a UK dealer, and I think YZ04's was around $100 shipped.

2) The interior handles in the front will need the panels from europe. I have a very strong feeling that the euro handles will work in the back, but you need the handle surround to go with it.

3) The euro sedan lights have this peice that clips onto the tailight, and that holds teh bulbs. It just has a plug that needs to be plugged in. You can either put pins, solder to the board directly, or get the trunk harness. The euro trunk harness has the trunk light and rear defogger attached to it. If you remove the driver side carpet panel in the trunk, it's the harness with the blue plug. I posted pics of mine several pages back. For the most part it's plug and play. You just have to switch around the reverse light pin and run a rear fog input.

4) I think the Ghia grills look like the US ones, they have horizontal slats, but no turn signal in the grill. Mine is the 98-01 grill, and the facelift one that Random Select and YZ04 have are the 02-04 grill, I think both of theirs are the ST170 ones which have a separate surround. Mine is coming in the mail, but it's the one piece facelift one.

5) As far as why parts there are, I would get the trunk harness, grills, outer mirrors, sidemarkers (with the pigtails), tail lights, stuff like that lol.

And for the US, 00-04 headlights all fit. The Mach HID headlights fit but require a VW plug harness. For euro headlights, 98-04 fit, but for 02-04 you need the VW plug harness to make it work, but they all bolt up the same. Just the wiring is different, it's not a biggy really.

Quote:
Old 03-12-2010, 01:24 AM   #856
YZ04
Focus Addict

Fan#: 33875
What I Drive: A 4 door family saloon, '09 Trek2.1

FF Reputation: 10 YZ04 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (25)
My answer to #5) European hood lock/lockset/keys, European center console, drivers side underside dash pocket, fuel door, HVAC controls (not the dash fascia, just the round dials), defroster buttons, dash clock. I do also believe some European Foci that had automatics had a shifter with a chrome button (saw it on European-parts.net, not sure if it was aftermarket...looked factory though). You could inquire about that.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:30 PM   #857
punkisdead44
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 46010
What I Drive: 1997 Green Chevy Blaze

FF Reputation: 1 punkisdead44 Good Standing Member
man i miss driving my focus. let me know if you guys need any stock interior/exterior sedan parts. Still paying for the car so they wont be available right away. as soon as i get some time im gonna tear apart the engine and see if i can rebuild it but i am also due to leave island in august, so if i cant get it to run, than i am either stripping it and parting it out or taking it to a recycler/salvage yard. lmk if you guys want anything
Old 03-13-2010, 03:36 PM   #858
YZ04
Focus Addict

Fan#: 33875
What I Drive: A 4 door family saloon, '09 Trek2.1

FF Reputation: 10 YZ04 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (25)
Good luck getting it fixed man. If worse comes to worst I would be interested in the interior wiring and interior panels (your car was power, right?).
Old 03-13-2010, 04:04 PM   #859
punkisdead44
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 46010
What I Drive: 1997 Green Chevy Blaze

FF Reputation: 1 punkisdead44 Good Standing Member
yep yep.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:23 AM   #860
Kauai Guy
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Points 6,484, Level 52
Level Up 67% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Is it manual? :3

Oh I got my LR3 projectors in. But I need a solenoid for one side because it's broken :(

I could run it single xenon if I wanted, but I bought them because they're bi-xenon.

Quote:

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.