ATI motorsports focus - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-30-2004, 02:24 PM   #1
three_X_Z
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 883
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3

Points 819, Level 15
Points: 819, Level: 15 Points: 819, Level: 15 Points: 819, Level: 15
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 three_X_Z Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
ATI motorsports focus

So if i had a lot of money i think i would definetely go down to ATI motorsports and have them do some minor mods to my car. Everyone who has read the focus fanatic magazine read about the ATI motorsports svt focus with the cobra 4.6l supercharged V8 . simply beautiful i thougt. I told my friend at work about it who didnt believe me so i showed him the pics on their site and he was equally amazed. My friend wanted to know stats which i didnt have other than stock cobra stats so we had an idea. Call them. he did and he had to pretend to be a potential buyer who has a lot of money. It worked and we squeazed out some stats.

12.55 second quarter mile after peeling out through 1st and 2nd gear.... HOLY CRAP he said they needed slicks

1.06 lateral gs on the skidpad with a $20k suspension. Better than the Z06

460 rwhp. 500rwhp at the flywheel MY GOD IN HEAVEN! and please no smart asses saying but the focus is front wheel drive cause this one isnt

Thats about all we got out of him but dang. If i could pay someone 60k to make my car do that i would. of course i only make 8 dollars an hour so it will have to wait. Hope you all in focus land found this to be interesting cause i sure did

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2004, 04:43 PM   #2
00focus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1594
What I Drive: 2000 Focus Sony Edition

FF Reputation: 1 00focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
yup!

jt evo 5front and rear, evo fogs, evo-5 exhaust, ww side skirts, halo hl, 17"rev model 12 rims(black) with dunlop sport fm 901 rubber,easystreet air ride suspension with ride pro digital management,debadged, dvd with 7.2" monitors, fc antenna, euro grille
-BoB-
Old 01-30-2004, 05:01 PM   #3
Zarelli6
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 411
What I Drive: '89 Volvo 744Ti

FF Reputation: 1 Zarelli6 Good Standing Member
yep shes a beast.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:56 PM   #4
focaltech

Fan#: 490
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 focaltech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
Re: ATI motorsports focus

Quote:
Originally posted by three_X_Z
So if i had a lot of money i think i would definetely go down to ATI motorsports and have them do some minor mods to my car. Everyone who has read the focus fanatic magazine read about the ATI motorsports svt focus with the cobra 4.6l supercharged V8 . simply beautiful i thougt. I told my friend at work about it who didnt believe me so i showed him the pics on their site and he was equally amazed. My friend wanted to know stats which i didnt have other than stock cobra stats so we had an idea. Call them. he did and he had to pretend to be a potential buyer who has a lot of money. It worked and we squeazed out some stats.

12.55 second quarter mile after peeling out through 1st and 2nd gear.... HOLY CRAP he said they needed slicks

1.06 lateral gs on the skidpad with a $20k suspension. Better than the Z06

460 rwhp. 500rwhp at the flywheel MY GOD IN HEAVEN! and please no smart asses saying but the focus is front wheel drive cause this one isnt

Thats about all we got out of him but dang. If i could pay someone 60k to make my car do that i would. of course i only make 8 dollars an hour so it will have to wait. Hope you all in focus land found this to be interesting cause i sure did
I am confused.

If you spoke to them and they told you this for example. How did they get the 1/4 mile #'s?

Because a stock 03 cobra runs a 12.9 with a weight of 3700 lbs
Old 01-31-2004, 12:43 AM   #5
bluebubble
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2851
What I Drive: Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 bluebubble Good Standing Member
i m with you focaltech

i mean for every 100 pounds you get rid of you gain a tenth so the focus with the corba motor should go closer to 11.9s then 12.5s
Old 01-31-2004, 01:35 AM   #6
yellowbean00
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1163
What I Drive: 05 Dodge Comm. Edition SRT-4 #4 of 200

FF Reputation: 1 yellowbean00 Good Standing Member
didnt he say that it burnt out through 1st and 2nd?...that could be why he ran a 12.55
Mopar Stage 1 Injectors&Ecu,Agp WGA spike 19 drop to 16,Needswings cutout downpipe,Needswings incabin mbc,AEM WIDEBAND with A/F ratio at 11.5,Autometer Oil pressure gauge,QuickWhips FMIC, Omega CO2 intercooler sprayer,AGP Hotside Pipe,DasMopar Mapclamp,Mopar BOV Converter,Prothane Motor Mount Inserts,Prolumen 6000k HID,Omega catch can.

*retuned*310hp 345tq @20 psi SAE Corrected
Old 01-31-2004, 01:59 AM   #7
focaltech

I have never heard of a reputable shop saying something like, it burned out thru first and second, just doesn't sound right.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:02 AM   #8
mofocus
mefocuslongtime

Fan#: 5
What I Drive: Beltfed,extra pullified,weeemachine

FF Reputation: 6 mofocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
haha he said 500rwhp at the flywheel.........thats not called rwhp at the flywheel, its pretty much BHP
Old 01-31-2004, 05:22 AM   #9
focaltech

I am not saying its not possible of course, just that if it was my shop, I would tried to get the car to hook up.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.