The "Official" Suspension Thread - Page 15 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #141
Flex11
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101915
What I Drive: 2001 Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Flex11 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey guys, Im new to the focus world. Just bought a 2001 zx3. Im looking to upgrade my suspension and i have a good opportunity to buy a SVT suspension for a great price but im unsure if the SVT suspension is compatible with a zetec zx3. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2012, 09:47 PM   #142
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ

Fan#: 42025
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver ZX5

FF Reputation: 59 katiekay Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (48)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex11 View Post
Hey guys, Im new to the focus world. Just bought a 2001 zx3. Im looking to upgrade my suspension and i have a good opportunity to buy a SVT suspension for a great price but im unsure if the SVT suspension is compatible with a zetec zx3. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks !
The SVT suspension is compatible with all Focus from 2000 - 2005. So for your ZX3 it will work just fine
Hatch Nation #8
September 2012 Ride of the Month
Old 08-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #143
Geezer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1427
What I Drive: 99 miata, 05Mazda6, 09GTI, 12Imprez

FF Reputation: 141 Geezer Excellent Standing MemberGeezer Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumford View Post
ahh ok thats good to know guess ill have to just save up to get the really nice set then....to bad FRPP are being sold any more -_- lol

There is an option, you can install 00-05 Ford Racing shock and springs (still available so far) on an 06+ car if you get the Massive Omni kit. It's an adapter kit (basically a shim) that allows the 00-05 front strut to fit the 06+ knuckle. It will add about 95.00 to your overall cost but it also opens the door to using a much broader selection of aftermarket springs and shocks that are available for the 00-05 models.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #144
Mumford
Focus Addict

Fan#: 99437
What I Drive: 2009, Sangria Red, SE Coupe

FF Reputation: 3 Mumford Good Standing Member
yea ive heard of somthing like that i think im going to do more reaserch...but im leaning more twards air ride due to the fact that were i work the speed bumbs would eat my car lol that an the pot wholes here in OHIO are bad as well
Old 12-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #145
israel
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 102083
What I Drive: 2004 svt focus

FF Reputation: 1 israel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Im wanting to lower my svt can anybody on here running on eibach sportlines springs show me a picture of their car? Thanks
Old 12-05-2012, 12:52 AM   #146
Svizzara
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98554
What I Drive: '01 SPI Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Svizzara Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by israel View Post
Im wanting to lower my svt can anybody on here running on eibach sportlines springs show me a picture of their car? Thanks
Sportlines + Pro shocks

Old 12-27-2012, 05:30 AM   #147
Stover
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105238
What I Drive: 00 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 1 Stover Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
budget shocks for lowered focus? what should i run, i cant afford to go koni yellows or kyb agx, im on a pretty tight budget unfortunately so what are my options?
Old 07-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #148
FCelso
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 116264
What I Drive: 2004, Red Wine Sedan 2.0 Zetec CNG

FF Reputation: 1 FCelso Good Standing Member
SVT shocks on CNG Sedan

Hello,

It is almost time for change my Sedan shocks, so I'm considering to do a upgrade.

By my research on this field, for my needs, the SVT damper kit + SVT spring kit could be a good choice.

Therefore, my idea is to use the Ford Racing SVT Focus Damper Kit for '00-05 Ford Focus http://focus.c-f-m.com/fordracingsvt...fordfocus.aspx + the Ford Focus SVT Springs kit for 00-05 Ford Focus http://focus.c-f-m.com/fordfocussvts...rdfocus-1.aspx.

However, I have some specific questions about this subject:

1) It could be possible to use the damper kit with standards front coils and rear coils made specifically stiffer to compensate the CNG cylinder on the trunk (higher stiffness)?

2) Any idea about the rear height in the case of this mods (SVT dumpers + SVT springs), considering the CNG cylinder giving a permanent 85Kg load on the trunk?

3) In this cenario, this option (SVT dumpers + SVT springs) is a good choice to use with a 17" SVT wheels?

Car pictures from today (Alperti-Brazilian CNG stiffer springs on rear suspension; 195/55R15 tyres):

Old 07-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #149
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ

Fan#: 42025
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver ZX5

FF Reputation: 59 katiekay Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (48)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCelso View Post
Hello,

It is almost time for change my Sedan shocks, so I'm considering to do a upgrade.

By my research on this field, for my needs, the SVT damper kit + SVT spring kit could be a good choice.

Therefore, my idea is to use the Ford Racing SVT Focus Damper Kit for '00-05 Ford Focus http://focus.c-f-m.com/fordracingsvt...fordfocus.aspx + the Ford Focus SVT Springs kit for 00-05 Ford Focus http://focus.c-f-m.com/fordfocussvts...rdfocus-1.aspx.

However, I have some specific questions about this subject:

1) It could be possible to use the damper kit with standards front coils and rear coils made specifically stiffer to compensate the CNG cylinder on the trunk (higher stiffness)?

2) Any idea about the rear height in the case of this mods (SVT dumpers + SVT springs), considering the CNG cylinder giving a permanent 85Kg load on the trunk?

3) In this cenario, this option (SVT dumpers + SVT springs) is a good choice to use with a 17" SVT wheels?
Buying those 2 options will cost you $405, why not just get the complete kit including swaybars for cheaper?

http://focus.c-f-m.com/fordracingsvt...0-05focus.aspx
Hatch Nation #8
September 2012 Ride of the Month
Old 07-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #150
DoctorJ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 113834
What I Drive: 2001 Twilight Blue sedan

FF Reputation: 1 DoctorJ Good Standing Member
Concerning the weight of the CNG tank, I'd consider using some "spring spacers" similar to these:

Google for them and about them.

Bookmarks & Social Networks