Do you think 'Car Modding' is worth it? - Page 8 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Official Polls & Surveys

Official Polls & Surveys Please take a moment and participate in our online polls and surveys.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: Is 'Car Modding' Worth It?
Yes (Worth it)..... 1,461 82.31%
No (Not Worth it)..... 314 17.69%
Voters: 1775. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2006, 10:16 PM   #71
BackNBlackSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 23186
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 3 BackNBlackSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Modding my car makes it unique just like everyone else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2006, 03:40 AM   #72
Sarif2029
Focus Addict

Fan#: 33430
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT #3844

FF Reputation: 7 Sarif2029 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
i voted yes. ive had my focus for about a year and a half now. im a junor in college and i wont be getting another car anytime soon. My car is fully paid off and the insurance isnt too bad. koni's or eibach's will be going in this winter along w/ eibachs ark from there who knows powerworks & an engin rebuild prolly. by the time I get REALLY sick of driving this car it wont be worth its weight in sheatmetal so id prolly just buy a "new" car and turn the focus into a race-only car for auto-x or street courses. Granted i have almost no money now but when i graduate as a mech e i should make ~65K starting so even w/my massive loans i should be able to spend a good amount on the car.

small house BIG garage <- works for me

Sarif2029

RIP: 2000 Red ZX3 Born: Feb, 2000 Died: May 23, 2009
Garage Sale --> http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3522123#post3522123
Old 11-18-2006, 11:45 AM   #73
delglenn
here and there

Fan#: 433
What I Drive: 2006 Sonic Blue ZX5, fully loaded.

FF Reputation: 4 delglenn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I think if it makes you happy and you can afford it, yes, it's worth it. I think some people go overboard, but that's true for any hobby/interest. As for ricing it up, "A fool and his money are soon to part" or ever how it goes. It's just a fact of life.

I don't mod personally, as I have more important things to pay for right now. I also don't have time to do any of it myself... nor the private property to perform the work at anyway! Thank god I at least got a fully loaded car this time around.. so no interior/sound mods are needed. The duratec is also a LOT better to me than the wagon's zetec was... so I'm happy with my fully stock focus.
Randomie's Lover #2
Old 11-21-2006, 10:01 AM   #74
2004SVTAutoXer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 19123
What I Drive: BMW 335i Coupe, 79 CJ-7

FF Reputation: 26 2004SVTAutoXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I think it's a personal issue . . . whether you look at it financially, safety wise, environmentally with regard to emissions, etc.

Car modding should be taken for what it is, and planned accordingly. Personally it's very rewarding for me. I won't go crazy on a daily driver, but having a toy in the garage can be a great experience to go work on.

It's a really nice change of pace to go build something tangible with my hands in my spare time that I can really take pride in at the end of the day. I'd probably lose my mind dealing with all the politically correct garbage that goes on in this world tip toeing and skating around the reality of situations if it wasn't for modding being a nice solid ground I can take refuge in.
SVT Squad #133 - Traded for 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited in Quartz Silver Metallic - Traded for 2008 BMW 335i Coupe with stock twin turbo Juiceboxed 500whp and 500wtq of N54 goodness.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:46 PM   #75
KillaLude
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 34714
What I Drive: 2002 Acura RSX Base 5sp

FF Reputation: 1 KillaLude Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
i dont think it is. i am going to buy a better starting car then start the modding. the 05+ focus just doesnt have the aftermarket yet to make it worth it
2002 Acura RSX base MTX = stock fun
Old 11-21-2006, 06:53 PM   #76
I_like_jeeps
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 41281
FF Reputation: 1 I_like_jeeps Good Standing Member
It depends on the car and how much its still worth in my opinion. I have a 2006 Focus and its practically worthless. My trade in value of the car is between 8 and 10,000 dollars. It only has 5k miles, so you can imagine I owe a bit more than the worth.
Besides, Focus parts are pricey. Turbo-$4,000. Blower-$4,000. LSD-$600. New Gears-$350. Cat-back Exhaust-$800. Headers-$500.
The last two being Cosworth, and pricey, but still. For the Focus, you will need to spend a LOT of money to get anywhere near 200 HP and if you do, the resale value of your car is very low.
Do yourself a favor and buy something with a V8 and spare yourself the headache of trying to go faster with no money.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:52 AM   #77
Pintozx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15214
What I Drive: 01 PWSC ZX3 & 03 ZX3 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Pintozx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
For me yes. I have spent a lot of money on my 01 Focus. Some where in the area of 15-20K including the car. Do I regret it. yes and no. Yes I should have figured out what I wanted before I went out and started buying parts. On the other hand I have learned a lot, met some great friends along the way and best of all shut a few people mouths up when they realized that you can make a fun little car out of a Focus LOL
Old 11-23-2006, 11:34 PM   #78
joe23
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6427
What I Drive: ford focus 2007

FF Reputation: 2 joe23 Good Standing Member
is it worth it? only if you can afford to mod. If you can't afford to mod, then its definitely not worth modding because you need to use that money for other more important things in life.

If you've got plenty of spare cash to spend, rather than spending it on computers, sports, tech gadgets, fashion, ....go ahead and spend it on cars....that's your hobby.

So basically it comes down to money. It is only worth if you can afford to mod. If you can't afford to mod, then it's not worth it because your spending cash u need foolishly on a hobby.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:07 PM   #79
Django
Focus Addict

Fan#: 45216
What I Drive: 2007 Zx3 SES, SAP, Black

FF Reputation: 17 Django Great Standing Member
Yes, Worth it if you enjoy it and can afford it.

No, Otherwise. :)
Old 03-27-2007, 09:08 PM   #80
TKE_Quailman
FF God of South FL

Fan#: 44442
What I Drive: 07 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 35 TKE_Quailman Great Standing Member
yeah i think its worth it im a broke college student but i still put money into my car because i like making the car mine and its entertainment its like going to the movies your not gunna remember the movie forever just like ur car wont last forever
Last of the Hatches #1
XBOX LIVE:TKE428
GIVE REP POINTS IF IM HELPFUL

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->