Do you think 'Car Modding' is worth it? - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Official Polls & Surveys

Official Polls & Surveys Please take a moment and participate in our online polls and surveys.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: Is 'Car Modding' Worth It?
Yes (Worth it)..... 1,450 82.53%
No (Not Worth it)..... 307 17.47%
Voters: 1757. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2005, 07:41 PM   #31
CKA
*~*

Fan#: 2313
What I Drive: '02 ZTS/'99 Explorer/'13 Fusion

FF Reputation: 74 CKA Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (24)
And like I said not your money, so hey don't worry about it. Some of us just mod the car because it makes us happy.
Yeah, the house things is correct.
But what about your body.............and yeah tattoo's fall into that category as well.
And again..........it doesn't increase the value of your body now does it?
Anyway I am done, don't wanna start a huge agurment in a simple thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2005, 07:48 PM   #32
RsDriver24
Focus Addict

Fan#: 27631
What I Drive: 2011 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 1 RsDriver24 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
yea i think its really worth it it shows your personallity i love doing things to my car you grow to love it because you put so much time into it, it becomes a part of you i just ordered my tyc black tails yesterday by the way very excited
Team Duratec #6
Current Mods: Fs Cai Borla Catback H&R cup kit Tinted windows 20% Tinted Tails& Side Markers Ford racing Short Throw Svt pedals Rs Ebrake Rs C.f Wing C.f hood F.s Front stress bar Triple Guage pod with C2 Alot more cant list
Old 10-06-2005, 08:30 PM   #33
penguin
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 21700
What I Drive: 2005 Infrared ZXW

FF Reputation: 109 penguin Excellent Standing Memberpenguin Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
No, it's not worth it by most standards. But it's a phase one typically must go through. One does many things that "are not worth it" when they are younger... I know I did, including wrapping a Corvair turbocharger pipe with insulation between the head and the turbocharger to reduce the "turbo lag" and putting aircraft landing lights in place of my high beams.

But then is a 60" Plasma TV "worth it" either?

Whatever gives you enjoyment within your personal financial circumstances, could perhaps be defined as "worth it," if perhaps not "wise" by conventional standards.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:02 PM   #34
Poney
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 4767
What I Drive: 07 F one-fiddy

FF Reputation: 8 Poney Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I agree with CKA 100%
i paid 100 bucks to get both my eyebrows peirced...and the damn things migrated ( people with peircing know wut im talking about )
point is, i can spend my money on making car perform like i want, or ill blow that money on something else. Not that im rich or anything, but i will always have a few bucks left over each month to blow on something. Why not spend it on my babe ?
Then again...im not married, no kids, and my house is paid for. So i guess i have alil more to spend than someone with a wife and children. Of course, they would come first ( which is why i have neither ;) )
Old 10-06-2005, 10:14 PM   #35
JohnMichael
Michael J. Caboose

Fan#: 21469
What I Drive: Black Hemi Ram & Honda Shadow VT600

FF Reputation: 7 JohnMichael Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I voted yes...but to a certain degree. There is a line you can cross from 'Fun Modding' to 'Fatal Addiction'... I snagged a few performance mods that make the SVTf drive the way it should have from the factory. Things like the STS/Rear Mount Combo that enhance the shifting so well... maybe an intake to get the breathing going.

I see people spending thousands of $ for audio/visual stuff, huge appearance upgrades, and insane motor swaps...but, I am quite content with the nice, 'subtle' mods that simply improve basic quirks on my ride.

I have spent around $500 in aftermarket stuff, and a tune will be my final splurge in the modding world. Is there more stuff I want? Freaking heck yes, but I have to consider my priorities...

O'er Pirates from the Black of Pitch
Old 10-06-2005, 10:23 PM   #36
Poney
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 4767
What I Drive: 07 F one-fiddy

FF Reputation: 8 Poney Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
im in the process of saving right now. By the end of the month, ill have the HIA Exhaust, HIA Intake, and the famous Hypnotic Tune !! Price..over a $1000. That hip repleacement can wait...

Last edited by Poney; 10-06-2005 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:28 PM   #37
JohnMichael
Michael J. Caboose

Fan#: 21469
What I Drive: Black Hemi Ram & Honda Shadow VT600

FF Reputation: 7 JohnMichael Good Standing Member
^^I think you mean famous Hypnotic Tune... I'm hoping to have that one as well pretty soon! Let me know how you like it if you snag it before me!

O'er Pirates from the Black of Pitch
Old 10-06-2005, 11:23 PM   #38
The Mailman 666
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 27054
What I Drive: 2005 ZX5 SES stick, Fully loaded with Charcoal leather and black paint

FF Reputation: 1 The Mailman 666 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by SVT_BMXer
Like Lil PZEV said, its more a hobby to me, i will find things to do, make something new, build a new speaker box, fix something else, move things around. I have always hated the thought of driving a car EXACTLY like someone else's. Thats why i mod my car so it is different than every other focus out there. Makes it something i can be proud of and have something to show for. perosnally for me, its worth it.
Took the words right out of my mouth man!
Old 10-06-2005, 11:37 PM   #39
Lip
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 19212
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Lip Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Everytime I shift through the gears I smile and that's worth every penny to me.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:29 AM   #40
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
So I thought about this a bit more. It's a hard question actually cause both answers fit. It all depends on what you are thinking about at the time I guess although the poll speaks otherwise.

Bookmarks & Social Networks