Do you think 'Car Modding' is worth it? - Page 35 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Official Polls & Surveys

Official Polls & Surveys Please take a moment and participate in our online polls and surveys.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: Is 'Car Modding' Worth It?
Yes (Worth it)..... 1,448 82.55%
No (Not Worth it)..... 306 17.45%
Voters: 1754. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2009, 12:28 AM   #341
Leftbehind126
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63909
What I Drive: 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

FF Reputation: 3 Leftbehind126 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'd agree financially no. But it's very addicting. That and it's amazing turning a stock car, into something much better.

Whether it's more power, better handling, etc. I love it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2009, 02:46 AM   #342
warlordzx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 55744
What I Drive: 2000, Red, ZX3

FF Reputation: 2 warlordzx3 Good Standing Member
for me, I've done very little, tinted windows (which makes driving better and safer), roof rack (carry kayaks, dont need truck, custom exauhst (had to get new exaust anyway, and it was cheaper than replacing stock, and then my sound system which is almost 100% compatible with any other car I get. So I dont think I'm not getting anything in return, and it's fun.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:15 PM   #343
everwinter
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 67239
What I Drive: 05 ST Black with tinted windows

FF Reputation: 1 everwinter Good Standing Member
I voted no, but if I had a clue what I was doing & it looked professional I'd mod a tad.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:25 PM   #344
AL1222
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 69384
What I Drive: 03 charcoal zx3

FF Reputation: 1 AL1222 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
i wouldnt spend 15k on a focus sorry but i rather put that money into my 67 camaro lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2 View Post
So what do you think? Personally unless you spend $15,000 on the car, go insane with performance I feel it's not worth it. Sure you get the 'fun' from it for a while but it does fade out and in the end, your getting 'pennies' for what you actually spent on the car. Not to mention all the problems that come up (example FI applications) among other things including legality issues, tickets, BS like that....

So my question is, in your opinion do you feel 'car modding' is a good thing (worth it) or a bad thing (not worth it)?
Old 11-19-2009, 10:26 PM   #345
AL1222
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 69384
What I Drive: 03 charcoal zx3

FF Reputation: 1 AL1222 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
ive put maybe about 1k into mine and i think thats enough for it, wheels, tires, stereo, speakers and a sub thats it no more for this thing
Old 12-14-2009, 08:08 AM   #346
sicsvt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 61406
What I Drive: 03,red, svt focus

FF Reputation: 1 sicsvt Good Standing Member
a car is the worst investment ever!!!!!!!!!!but as for me i am 28 settled down dont go out drinking and chasing women no more so i focus my time and energy into my car and coaching my sons football teams.i feel it is rewarding to be constantly reminded of where your blood sweat and tears went instead of wandering how much i spent last night at the bar.i think its funny though to get a 5 dollar trophy at a show or a strip when you have spent thousands on your car,but all in all i think its worth it.
2003 infra red svt #1537
Old 02-03-2010, 07:53 AM   #347
daidie
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 70867
What I Drive: 2003 maroon red 3 dr hatchback(zx3)

FF Reputation: 7 daidie Good Standing Member
financially its not worth it necause half of the suff you put on the car will never increase the resale value of the car. its all really about personalising the car and making it to your individual taste. you wouldnt buy a house and leave it the way you bought it, you are going to make your own personal statement, the same thing applies to cars.

have you repped someone helpful today
Old 02-11-2010, 11:00 AM   #348
toeycrack
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 38332
What I Drive: 03 zx3, name "TRISH"

FF Reputation: 9 toeycrack Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
If i knew what i knew now back when i first got my car, NO its not worth is.....

I spent enough money on my car, re-doing the body... spending money on performance...suspension..etc... i could of gotten a nice car right off the back... but then again i would of meet this community of fine people....

I love my car don't get me wrong, but i could of done the simple things and left it alone... but i didn't and i spent way to much money... AWWW w ... i did spend to much in the 7 years i had her.....

first kit- Qtype - cost me almost 5Gs (including 5 enkies rims, lighting, tires, etc.)

second kit - mix n' match - 5 G's flate (same thing... tires, lighting, etc

performance.... another 5G (procharger etc...)

Then the usally misc. parts....

so there you go, was it worth it? money wise...NO..... will i continue to spend more money on her because i love her and i get the satifaction from it.... YES...

Love is a Crazy thing, it makes you do funny thing.... :)
Old 02-14-2010, 01:37 PM   #349
zinsavage123
Focus Addict

Fan#: 69910
What I Drive: 2001 focus zx3, 2001 mustang gt

FF Reputation: 1 zinsavage123 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
no it isnt if you really sit down and honestly think what am I gaining from it. But we all do it still and will never stop modding. I think its in our nature to do it. I look at it like this your in it everyday, drive it everyday, and people see you in it everyday. Why not have some fun with it right?
Old 02-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #350
Gotrox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 72840
What I Drive: 2008 Vista Blue SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 2 Gotrox Good Standing Member
Of course its worth it, unless you are expecting big returns. Modding any car will never make you money, unless your spending more money than most people have on a car that most people can't afford anyway, or your building a racecar. Even that won't neccessarily make you money.
My first car was an 89 mustang with a 2.3L, boasting a whopping 88hp at the crank. An engine swap, close to $8K and seven years later I sold it for $500 because the unibody was comming apart from the extra power. It was totally worth it, that car was so much fun and I learned almost all I know about cars from building that one.
I'm planning to moderatly mod my Focus, but I'm not expecting to make any money off it.
Its fun for me, it makes the car more fun to drive, and I have access to equipment that allows me to make some of the parts myself, so that makes it even better.
I'll spent a bit of money, and I will probably piss my wife off, but I'll never think its not worth it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks