Do you think 'Car Modding' is worth it? - Page 10 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Official Polls & Surveys

Official Polls & Surveys Please take a moment and participate in our online polls and surveys.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: Is 'Car Modding' Worth It?
Yes (Worth it)..... 1,461 82.31%
No (Not Worth it)..... 314 17.69%
Voters: 1775. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2007, 04:11 PM   #91
zzx32006
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 35911
What I Drive: 2006 ZX3 SES - Dark Toreador Red

FF Reputation: 1 zzx32006 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Spent 300 buck modding my car right when I bought it and think it was well worth it. Didn't like the chrome trim on the grill so I ordered a replacement and painted it to match the body color for 50 bucks then debadged the trunk lid to get rid of the shinny bits. Spent another 100 on a Strut brace and 120bucks for a trailer hitch and light. So far no other Focus looks like mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2007, 04:29 PM   #92
Rudel
FF's Quadriplegic!

Fan#: 13465
What I Drive: 2.3 ATX-RSVT

Points 9,909, Level 66
Points: 9,909, Level: 66 Points: 9,909, Level: 66 Points: 9,909, Level: 66
Level Up 65% Completed
Level up: 65% Level up: 65% Level up: 65%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 15 Rudel Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
So far yes! If I have the money and it fits my budget, upkeeping, maintenance, along with my wife, then it was well worth it. Especially on my decision to keep the car for as long as I live. It will be a classic someday, though not popular probably.

One of those rarities.

Part III: Install Handicap Driving Controls
Ma Cah: http://imgur.com/a/TuyYL
Old 03-31-2007, 05:13 PM   #93
JAW70
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 44368
What I Drive: 1998 Red Nissan Frontier

FF Reputation: 1 JAW70 Good Standing Member
I feel it is worth it. I want my car to be a reflection of my taste. I dont feel the need to do anything flashy. I might put some rims on, but Im not going to drop $2500 or anything like that.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:08 AM   #94
Warlord
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 45326
What I Drive: 2001 Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Warlord Good Standing Member
If you are looking to get a return on the money you put into the car with mods then it's usually not worth it unless you can do everything yourself. Even then you sometimes get a return on it. If you enjoy tinkering with cars and personalizing your ride then it's definately worth it. I personalize everything myself to suit my tastes so I think it's worth it.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:52 AM   #95
godsbassist
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44054
What I Drive: 2004 Silver zx3 pzev

FF Reputation: 1 godsbassist Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Financially - never worth it... I'd ride a bike if I cared about the bottom line.

Going vroom better than the next guy, being able to talk about a hobby with people that share my interests, and enjoying driving around town is priceless as far as I'm concerned. (Not to mention an excuse to get out of the house before my wife makes me watch another episode of America's Next Top Model)
Old 04-02-2007, 01:03 AM   #96
illinipo
Token Engin-nerd

Fan#: 37693
What I Drive: dirty wag; Party; Bavarian phallus

FF Reputation: 272 illinipo Outstanding Standing Member illinipo Outstanding Standing Member illinipo Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsbassist View Post
(Not to mention an excuse to get out of the house before my wife makes me watch another episode of America's Next Top Model)
!!!

All of my time on the forum is worth reading this one phrase

I feel your pain bro, what a great reason to mod. I swear she's seen each episode of all 7 seasons like 3 times...

Not on this list? Almost certainly crap.
SUV this!
Old 04-02-2007, 01:11 AM   #97
besthaticouldo
i wear no pants

Fan#: 26970
What I Drive: '11 OBP WRX Sedan

FF Reputation: 104 besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member besthaticouldo Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
highly worth it. the car doesnt even drive the same as stock and is a far better car to drive.
remember that building a car shouldn’t come from parts it should come from deep inside your soul. let the car speak for all the emotions, memories and experiences youve made and the car will take a life of its own. truth over fame.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:12 PM   #98
iantm
Focus Addict

Fan#: 4167
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black ZX3 SE MTX

FF Reputation: 3 iantm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinipo View Post
!!!

All of my time on the forum is worth reading this one phrase

I feel your pain bro, what a great reason to mod. I swear she's seen each episode of all 7 seasons like 3 times...
I never thought I'd say it, but ... Me too. I dunno, my wife is pretty great though that show bugs the heck out of me. Maybe it's the whiny people.

Anyways, back on topic, I don't really bother with modding my cars because I won't see any return on the investment. Now, I'd love to get a nice set of SVT euro rims for my 07 zx3, but that would probably be the extent of the modding to my car. And at that, they'd only be a spring/summer set of wheels for the car. I've always been of the mentality that unless I can reuse this investment in mods, there's no point in doing it. The factory stereo is good enough for me (the factory deck in my bare bones 02 zx3 was too).

I like my focus the way it came from the factory. The performance is good enough to give me a goofy grin. I like the way it looks, though some svt euro rims would make it prettier. I'm a big fan of the stock look, so even if I do change things on it, the changes will be with Ford OEM bits.
MacBook Pro 15"
Old 04-02-2007, 11:35 PM   #99
OrangeSVTguy
Get Squashed

Fan#: 33384
What I Drive: '04 Comp. Orange SVT 3dr.

Points 64,243, Level 100
Points: 64,243, Level: 100 Points: 64,243, Level: 100 Points: 64,243, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 44 OrangeSVTguy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (16)
wow this is an old thread.

modding to me is worth it. i'm making the car appeal more to my liking and not caring what others might like or dislike it. some people might think that it's not worth it as the money and time spent into a car and will never get as much as they want as what they put into it. which is why 98% of cars will sell more when they are stock and in their "unabused" form.
SVT Squad #227 || Build # 1329 of 1978 || FF ROTM Oct. 2006
Old 08-13-2007, 12:59 PM   #100
AllAround01Focus
Focal Distortion LV

Fan#: 43496
What I Drive: 2001 Amazon Green ZX3

FF Reputation: 16 AllAround01Focus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I don't think it's worth it. HOWEVER, there's a difference between worth it and fun. While I know there are many things I should be spending my money on, it's just SOO MUCH FUN and addicting.

Bookmarks & Social Networks