Brake Caliper Clip... - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-05-2006, 09:49 AM   #21
eurotrashvrt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 31074
What I Drive: 2002 Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 1 eurotrashvrt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
well, I only looked at this thread after I started to remove everything. Have never done brake pads before on any of the cars, never owned one long enough, so I just started to take it apart and figure it out. Real easy, 20 minutes about for each side, but then came those clips, and 2 hours of frustration and pain, yesterday.

Then I ran upstairs and looked at this thread, didnt really help at all, but my friend and I got them in this morning after about 30 minutes, with just a screwdriver and a thumb this time. Though next time, ill definitely make sure not to take them off.
It makes even the Enzo and the Porsche Carrera GT feel slow and pointless. It is a triumph for lunacy over common sense, a triumph for man over nature and a triumph for Volkswagen over absolutely every other car maker in the world.

Sincerely Yours,
Bugatti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2006, 02:55 PM   #22
mike 1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 19248
What I Drive: 2006 Subaru WRX STi

FF Reputation: 1 mike 1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Heh, NOW I found this thread....

5 Minutes per side to swap pads
2 hours total time to do the clips (both sides).

German....Engineering....yah.

Mike S.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #23
Scarlet_Fever
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 39739
What I Drive: 2003 Infra-Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Scarlet_Fever Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I realize this is an old (but useful) thread but I just went through the process of changing the pads and rotors on my 2003 SVT and this is how I solved the problems of the Cursed Clips. I posted annotated picture at https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B84I...it?usp=sharing but if you can't see it here are the steps.

1. Hold the clip roughly horizontal and put pin into lower hole.
2. Rotate the clip into position so the lower "arm" is on top of the caliper bracket where it should be.
3. Place the top pin into the top hole with the upper "arm" underneath the caliper bracket. The clip is now approximately in the correct location, with just the upper "arm" out of place.
4. Use a large clamp (I used a furniture clamp) to lightly hold the upper pin in place.
5. Use a screwdriver to easily slide the upper "arm" over the top of the caliper bracket.

Last edited by Scarlet_Fever; 02-21-2013 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Add more detail.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:02 AM   #24
amc49
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

FF Reputation: 23 amc49 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Not rocket science, the clips can be put on in like 30 seconds...........all one needs is how they look when on right.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #25
JohnMichael
Michael J. Caboose

Fan#: 21469
What I Drive: Black Hemi Ram & Honda Shadow VT600

FF Reputation: 7 JohnMichael Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I got rid of my SVT 4 years ago...loved that car, but hated the shoddy build and cheap parts that kept breaking down on me.

Nuclear Holocaust could start tomorrow and those damn brake clips would be the only thing to survive.

O'er Pirates from the Black of Pitch

Bookmarks & Social Networks