2005 SCCA Solo Nationals Results - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Autocross Racing

Autocross Racing The place to discuss information about autocross stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-30-2005, 02:42 PM   #1
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2005 SCCA Solo Nationals Results

Here are the results for Tuesday/Wednesday for the Solo Nationals. You'll find the SVTF under G Stock, pgs 16-18. Highest placed SVT Focus is 41st, about 8 full seconds behind the winner. Top 8 spots are held by the Mini Cooper S. Incidentally, the Cooper S is being moved to D Stock next year, so our main competition will be the Celica.

Non-SVT Focusses are in H stock.

http://www.scca.com/_Filelibrary/Fil...ls-results.pdf

This doesn't neccesarily mean that our car is totally inferior, just not nearly as popular among the top Stock class drivers. I think a very good driver could get way up there in the order, especially in 2006, but the Mini's small size and the Celica's availability of camber adjustment in the stock class have been hard to overcome...

Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2005, 04:23 PM   #2
PapoSwing
Regulator...mount up

Fan#: 3062
What I Drive: 03 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 28 PapoSwing Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Nice post Carrera!
Old 10-01-2005, 07:20 PM   #3
SteelRain
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 20144
What I Drive: 2004 Infra-Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 SteelRain Good Standing Member
YEAH!!! Bump the Mini's next year!! WooT!! They are already complaining that they wont be able to be competitive in DS. I am currently in 2nd in season points in my region, running bone stock. I did have Koni's on front after a pothole incident for my last 2 events and they helped quite a bit, but I cant beat the top Mini while he's running R comps. I will have em for next season tho :)

www.okscca.org

WARNING!!! The surgeon general has announced that AUTOCROSS is more addicting than CRACK!!!
Old 10-03-2005, 04:07 PM   #4
MyBlackST
Capital Obvious

Fan#: 11768
What I Drive: 2008 Redfire Metallic Fusion

FF Reputation: 1 MyBlackST Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I noticed that 99% of the people are running Kumho's...what kumho's are they using?

ST Crew #3
TEAM DURATEC # 7
Old 10-03-2005, 04:29 PM   #5
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
710s. If you can get them in your size, which we CAN'T on our size rims , then they are the #1 R Compound tire right now.

For the Street Tire classes, like STS, the hot tire right now is the Falken Azenis RT-615, which is what I am running. Grassroots Motorsport tested it and made it #1, and at the racing school, pretty much everyone not on R-Comps were running the Azenis.
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...

Bookmarks & Social Networks