Evolution Performance Driving School = Unbelievable Experience!!! - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Autocross Racing

Autocross Racing The place to discuss information about autocross stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-26-2005, 04:06 PM   #11
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Some pics from some other sutdents... That's not me smoking the fronts off the NSX, as I was concentrating more on getting rid of all the meddlesome tread on the rear tires...

http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3103
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2005, 04:23 PM   #12
TSnedSi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 26182
What I Drive: 2005 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 TSnedSi Good Standing Member
where at in iowa are you from? im in sioux falls sd. is there any auto x events around here?
Old 09-26-2005, 04:26 PM   #13
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

I'm just north of Des Moines, right in the middle of the state. Check this site

www.scca.com

and look for your local club. I am sure that there's events within easy reach of Sioux Falls. I have yet to find a part of the country without a decent region. Unless you are in serious BFE, there should always be an event within an hour or 2 a couple times a month.
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...

Last edited by Carrera26; 09-30-2005 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:26 AM   #14
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

I had been hoping to get the vids up earlier, but I am struggling with a few things.

1. The files are HUGE. 1.3 Gig total, with only a few minutes of sitting in line that I can edit out. I took me a full hour to burn day 1 onto DVD, and I have a darn good computer! I want to find the best, most representative runs, but there were about 80 total. Also that 1.3 Gig does not include the afternoon of the 2nd day when my camera stopped recording for some reason, which is really unfortunate because it was some of my best driving and coolest techniques. I am also learning my video editing program as I go...

2. Still working with Trahma on how to get those clips hosted, as even specific clips are going to be pretty big.

3. I am going back for a Management degree, so I have 4 hours of Business Law tonight after work and 4 hours of Ethics tomorrow night.

4. I have a wife I have hardly seen for days, will barely get to see tonight and tomorrow, and she's more important than you guys. Sorry!

I'm doing whatever I can to get these things put together for you guys, but it might be Thursday evening before it happens...
Old 09-27-2005, 03:50 PM   #15
SkaAddict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1690
FF Reputation: 69 SkaAddict Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
How many days is each phase? Sounds like a great experience, but at $250 a day that could be costly if each phase is more than 2-3 days...
Old 09-27-2005, 04:02 PM   #16
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Each phase is 1 day. I did phase 1 on Saturday and phase 2 on Sunday. I am still completely wore out!
But I am still running courses in my head like they taught us. Every time I close my eyes I see racing lines and feel the G-forces. Going back through every course that I have run in the past couple years and re-driving them in my head with everything they taught us. I'm almost embarrassed at how I drove some of those courses now, even when I placed highly or won my class...

Day 2 was totally mental, and that's what is sticking with me the most. They let us walk the course 1 time in the morning, then swtiched the layout every few runs through the day, and each time we had to drive it mentally before we went out. With them showing us how to think it through right, not only did we not have a single off-course all day, but we all forgot that we hadn't been walking the courses at all! Honestly, it felt like I had already run those courses for real by the time I got out there for real. Amazingly useful stuff. I feel like I will be able to keep racing all winter in my head and not lose my edge!
Old 09-29-2005, 12:27 PM   #17
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

I just made a large post on the "Novice Guide to Autocrss" sticky with the most important things I learned at the school. Take a look and let me know what you think or if you have a question about it.

May be a little advanced for a Novice Guide, but it's all good habits to learn early!
Old 09-29-2005, 01:22 PM   #18
WD40
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing Member WD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Thanks!
It's about time someone added to that thread.

Only suggestion I have, is to find some images to insert for the chicago box and elbow diagrams.
I know what both are, but if you've never seen one, I don't think you'd get the point from your text drawing.

EDIT:
This might help....or not.
Maybe you could get a couple images from it:
http://www.houscca.com/solo2/coursedesign.zip
Regardless, it's a great write up on course design!
Old 09-29-2005, 01:25 PM   #19
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

I am going to try to, but I just did what I could to put it in there till I can go back and add on to it. Maybe I'll post a link of the instructor crushing the course in my car with a course diagram as well, just to put it into perspective.

Vids whould be ready tonight... Even if I can't ge the big one out there, I have pulled out some good clips to put on Supermotors or Putfile if need be.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:25 AM   #20
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Well, I discovered this morning, as it was trying to load while my carpool was waiting in the driveway, that Supermotors can't take .MSWMM files, which was my quick set of highlights. Didn't have time to go back and convert it to .WMV, as they were waiting on me, and my email of the file to myself didn't bring the actual video along with it. Nice.
Trahma and I didn't get a chance to work on the big file last night, as he was DJing. They'll be there eventually...

EDIT:

WD40, that course design PDF is AWESOME! Great Find!!
I think I may just skip all the complexity and sketch it on paper and scan it in...

Last edited by Carrera26; 09-30-2005 at 08:43 AM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->