Hock G2G - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Great Lakes Fanatics

Great Lakes Fanatics Serving the Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-21-2005, 03:51 PM   #1
Pintozx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15214
What I Drive: 01 PWSC ZX3 & 03 ZX3 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Pintozx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Hock G2G

Date - October 9th, 2005
Time - Roll in anytime in the morning. People start to show usually around 8:30-9:00
Place - St. Johns, MI

For those who are new to TFC or FJ: Team Great Lakes, James Hock was a fellow Focus owner and a member of FJ: Team Great Lakes (before TFC really became a force in the Great Lakes). James passed away in a single-car accident on his way to a G2G at my home in October of 2002, just 1 day before his birthday. In his honor, we celebrate the life and memory of James each fall in St. Johns by sharing stories, working on cars, and enjoying the company of one another, just as we did when James was still with us.

On Sunday the 9th, we'll be doing installs all day and basicaly hanging out with one another to close out the G2G season with a bang! I'm going to work on getting videogames going inside and other things if it turns out to be a hot day and you want to sit down inside for a while. Also, if you plan on doing an install at my house, please let me know in advance so I can have the tools prepared! (No suspensions if your car is from Michigan and has more than 40000 miles on it.)

This has always been a huge G2G, and I'd love to see another 30+ car turnout again this October. That's part of the reason I'm getting this planned earlier this year, to make sure everyone is prepared in advance.

My neighbors have young kids, once you get to Pratt Rd. (directions discussed below) I ask that you please drive conservatively. What you do on the way to and from the G2G is your own business, but please respect my neighbors when you get to our street. Thanks.

Directions to the party!

1.) Follow Andy.
2.) Follow Joel.
3.) From Indiana, take I-69 N to Lansing. Take the OLD US-27 exit number 87. Turn left (North) onto OLD US-27 and go about 6.5 miles north and look for Pratt rd. The road immediately before mine is Alward. If you see Price Rd., you've gone too far. Turn left (West) onto Pratt Rd when you see it and then go about 1 mile to my house. You'll take two 90 degree bends and go up a hill. My place is on top of that hill.
4.) From SE Michigan, take I-96W to Lansing. Then, follow the exit for US-127 N. Go about 16 miles to the Price Rd. exit. Take this exit and turn left (West) onto Price Rd. Take Price about 1 mile to the intersection with Old 27. Turn left (South) onto Old 27 and go about 2 miles till you hit Pratt Rd. The road right after Price is Jason Rd, this is also the road right before Pratt, so look alive at this point. Turn right (West) onto Pratt rd and go 1 mile to my house. Take the two 90 degree turns and you'll find my house atop the hill. If you are going South on Old 27 and you see Alward rd, you've gone too far.
5.) From West Michigan, take I-196 E to I-69N. From here, follow the directions I posted for the Indiana folks above.

Link on TFC for G2G

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2005, 05:43 PM   #2
spool3dSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 23873
What I Drive: svt

FF Reputation: 2 spool3dSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
erik maybe we should race a little before we get there ;)
Old 09-22-2005, 07:04 AM   #3
Pintozx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15214
What I Drive: 01 PWSC ZX3 & 03 ZX3 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Pintozx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Ummm wow you are going to racing the X-plorer and we know how fast that truck is not
Old 09-22-2005, 11:33 PM   #4
spool3dSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 23873
What I Drive: svt

FF Reputation: 2 spool3dSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
i thought you were bringing the focus, oh well

Bookmarks & Social Networks