single or double - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-21-2005, 02:26 AM   #1
SVT or RS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 27802
What I Drive: 1993 Black Nissan Pathfinder for now

FF Reputation: 1 SVT or RS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
single or double

I have a question do any of the new focis duratec engine come in single cam I jsu wanted to

know that just to make sure I have no problem telling the differences between a single and a

double cam but I jus wanted to know for sure because I was looking at the photo gallery and

I saw some single cam focis, I didn't know that they came in single cam not that I wanted

one, well if you guys understand what I'm trying to say tell me the facts because I'm thinking

of buying an 05 or 06 SES foci with a 2.3 Duratec, just answer my question o.k. fellows.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2005, 03:11 AM   #2
wakeboardjl
See that video?

Fan#: 10643
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda 3 Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 wakeboardjl Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I don't think any of the new duratec's come witha sohc engine. I believe they are all DOHC now.
SVT Squad #162

"I'm the dude!"
Old 09-22-2005, 09:07 PM   #3
iantm
Focus Addict

Fan#: 4167
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black ZX3 SE MTX

FF Reputation: 3 iantm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I believe that every duratec is a DOHC design. I know the V6's are, I had a 2.5 litre in my Contour and my mother had the 3.0 in her Taurus. An easy way to tell DOHC from SOHC is where the spark plugs are. If the spark plugs are in a valley on the top of the engine, it's DOHC. Another thing to note is that all DOHC engines have hemispherical combustion chambers, and thus are "hemi"'s. So when someone asks if you have a hemi in your focus, you can say yes (if you have a zetec of duratec, sorry spi guys". Sadly, hemi is just a marketing ploy now. Heck, my first car - 89 Acura Integra had a DOHC 1.6 litre D16a1 motor and was technically a "hemi". Anyways, I'm probably going a bit far. Though the marketing department at Daimler Chrysler has earned their keep by making such an inane feature that pretty much everyone has, short of the honda civic (except si) and a few hyundais have.
MacBook Pro 15"
Old 09-23-2005, 07:22 PM   #4
Scott_SVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 21836
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black w/Blue int SVT

FF Reputation: 4 Scott_SVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Re: single or double

Quote:
Originally posted by SVT or RS
I have a question do any of the new focis duratec engine come in single cam I jsu wanted to

know that just to make sure I have no problem telling the differences between a single and a

double cam but I jus wanted to know for sure because I was looking at the photo gallery and

I saw some single cam focis, I didn't know that they came in single cam not that I wanted

one, well if you guys understand what I'm trying to say tell me the facts because I'm thinking

of buying an 05 or 06 SES foci with a 2.3 Duratec, just answer my question o.k. fellows.
Did anyone else immediately think of William Shatner while reading this?
SVT SQUAD #8
Hurray!! a Squad! how umm... stupid....
Old 09-23-2005, 07:39 PM   #5
SVT or RS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 27802
What I Drive: 1993 Black Nissan Pathfinder for now

FF Reputation: 1 SVT or RS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
no just you trekkie

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.