How to: Paint your Headlights 2005 - Page 9 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Focus

MK1 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the first generation 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-01-2006, 10:49 PM   #81
Madness
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 30720
What I Drive: 06 Zx3 Sonic Blue

FF Reputation: 1 Madness Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Fantastic write up :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2006, 10:32 PM   #82
babyface
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 29791
What I Drive: '06 ZX4 ST, '06 Escape, '87 911 Cab

FF Reputation: 5 babyface Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
if i send some lights to you heeltoe, can you do it for me? I'm way too scared to [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]* up my lights. Plus I dont have the facilities.
ST Crew #1

Current Mods: Silverstars, iPad radio/navigation, center muffler delete, Hella 700FF driving lights, brakes, Red/White footwell LED's, lock-switch lights, Tigger doll from GF
Old 02-02-2006, 10:35 PM   #83
Kayak_man
iCTHEWORLDINMYKAYAK!

Fan#: 30025
What I Drive: 2001, twilight blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 13 Kayak_man Great Standing Member
Thanks for the info :)
Old 02-02-2006, 11:30 PM   #84
Sonicbluezx3
.....NObama.....

Fan#: 8674
What I Drive: 05 Sonic Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 18 Sonicbluezx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
hey blight did you do yours just like the how to? seems like I can see that black trim a little more pronounced than heeltoe's..............

how hard is it to paint the grill? I HATE that chrome grill, I'd love it if I could get rid of all the chrome on the car. What kind of paint, how hard is it to paint, anyone done it?
Old 02-02-2006, 11:47 PM   #85
magic2119
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17493
What I Drive: 2005 yellow zx3

FF Reputation: 1 magic2119 Good Standing Member
i have painted my grill. It wasnt bad at all, scuff up the plastichrome with something, then a couple layers of adhesion promotor, then a couple layers of color, then a couple layers of clear. actually i painted the big ford emblem black also, looks pretty cool, but since the name ford is kindof raised, even though i have it painted you can still see "ford" when you look at the emblem at the right angle. but. the bad thing is, i am constantly using a cue tip to touch up rock chips, and when i mean chips i just dont mean small ones, but usually you get a dime sized hunk of chrome showing through the black. i'm actually on my 3rd complete respray of the grill because of chips in the paint. if i were you, i would spit out the 50 bucks and go to newfordparts.com and order a black (ebony) grill!!!

If you have any more questions about this, pm me i'll be happy to take pics, or do a write up.
Team Duratec #15

You Are NOT Prepared!!
Old 03-05-2006, 02:54 PM   #86
HeelToe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 27666
What I Drive: 05 CD Silver ST

FF Reputation: 3 HeelToe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
Quote:
Originally posted by reed122
if i send some lights to you heeltoe, can you do it for me? I'm way too scared to [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]* up my lights. Plus I dont have the facilities.
Well I guess you could, but I wouldn't feel right doing it either. I mean if I mess up my own lights I can deal with it but if its some one elses I'd feel really bad and would be obligated to replace them.

And as far as facilities goes I did this in at my 2 apparment, nothing special required. And as far as the tools goes. Yuo can get a kits with everthing you need at wal-mart for under $20.
ST Crew #26

We would have ruled it as an accidental shooting but you reloaded... twice.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:40 PM   #87
babyface
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 29791
What I Drive: '06 ZX4 ST, '06 Escape, '87 911 Cab

FF Reputation: 5 babyface Good Standing Member
Dude, I don't have an oven that works, lol. I haven't baked something in my house for almost a year. I've been doing most of my cooking at my GF's house, and her mom won't let me put my headlights in her oven, lol. Screw it, I guess.
ST Crew #1

Current Mods: Silverstars, iPad radio/navigation, center muffler delete, Hella 700FF driving lights, brakes, Red/White footwell LED's, lock-switch lights, Tigger doll from GF
Old 03-05-2006, 10:03 PM   #88
Eric D
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29555
What I Drive: 2005 Pitch Black ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 Eric D Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
hey onyx flash....how does it look when the turn indicators are blinking? if possible id like to see a pic. i dont really see why the "po po's" would throw a hissy fit about it. there is still a turn indicator. since im here how long did it take you to do it? im thinking about doing it maybe wednesday or friday of this week. curious about the time so i can set it aside you know?

Looks- Black headlights, black grille, jack in the box reindeer antenna ball, eibach sport-system

BOOMS- 10" Kicker L5, some sort of Kicker AMP, some type of Panisonic cd player with XM, two 6x8 Panisonic front speakers, two rear 5x7 polk‘s
Old 03-15-2006, 01:56 PM   #89
eazyrider_tim
Focus Addict

Fan#: 7011
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES Gloss Black

FF Reputation: 2 eazyrider_tim Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
BEFORE

AFTER

Old 03-15-2006, 02:57 PM   #90
blight0x
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18053
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES

FF Reputation: 1 blight0x Good Standing Member
Oh Snap!
F2 RS Body Kit | FS SCT XCAL2 Custom Tune | FS Cold Air Intake | FS Stealth Exhaust | VF Engineering Rear & Driver side Engine Mounts | H&R Coilovers | Corbeau CR1 Race Seats | Hella Taillights | 18" Kazera Wheels (Black)

Thanks for bringing my Signature up to Code S2! <3

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->