add ABS on a non-ABS ZX3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-12-2005, 06:50 PM   #1
Timmeh!
aka The Wizard

Fan#: 27514
What I Drive: '91 Miata, '82 Benz 300TD

FF Reputation: 9 Timmeh! Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
add ABS on a non-ABS ZX3

hi all i live in Michigan.
anyone who's EVER been to Michigan between about mid-october to mid-march knows why you NEED ABS. it's like an essential. its almost a prerequisite "to own a car in Michigan and operate it in the winter you must have ABS" that pretty much sums it up.

anyway i ramble, back to the point.
i have an '02 ZX3 w/o ABS can i put in the optional ABS system without too much hassle? i assume its possible but how much is it gonna cost me?

thanks in advance,
Brian

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2005, 07:03 PM   #2
shaneZx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1840
What I Drive: 2001 manual zx3

FF Reputation: 1 shaneZx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I can't tell you how hard it is to do but I can venture to say that it won't be worth it. I've done two winters here in my car and I can say first hand that you still end up sliding with ABS. Alot. I would rather spend my money on some winter rims and tires, especially if you have the 16" ones. I talked to a guy with an SVT last winter that had just bought winter tires and he was acting like it had four wheel drive or something. Anyway it just seems like changing your tires would be easier then hooking up an ABS sensor and it just might work out better for you.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:30 PM   #3
Egz
Sückn' n Blown

Fan#: 442
What I Drive: 2003 2.3l ZX3

FF Reputation: 111 Egz Excellent Standing MemberEgz Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I've driven through some nasty snow storms at home, and never needed ABS. Besides, its a real chore adding ABS to a non-ABS car. Lots of things have to change, and I've yet to hear of anyone doing it. Just invest in 4 quality snow tires.

duratec.wikispaces.com - Duratec Wiki - Sign up and contribute!

Bookmarks & Social Networks