Installed my offroad pipe.. - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-22-2004, 10:28 AM   #1
SVT ewx ca
Banned

Fan#: 2593
FF Reputation: 1 SVT ewx ca Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Installed my offroad pipe..

I installed my offroad pipe, and I love it.

One complaint, around 1,900-2,300 rpm it's REAL LOUD with my stock svt exhaust system.

So my question is, can I quite that down somehow?
And also, whats a AEM adjustible exhaust cam do? Can I smooth that out somehow?

When I say its loud I mean buzzing almost right around those rpms...thought i'd ask!

ty

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2004, 12:25 PM   #2
R&DSVTZX5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1093
What I Drive: 2007 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V

FF Reputation: 1 R&DSVTZX5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Well its going to be loud, that is to be expected. I have the ORP with a Borla catback, if it was not for the resonator, well lets just say everyone in a 1 mile reach would hear me. Enjoy your SVTF, but not too much. lol

"Why ask, when the answer you hear is not what you wish to hear, nor the answer you were seeking?"
Old 01-22-2004, 01:18 PM   #3
SVT ewx ca
Banned

Well this is my thinking.....

Take off the small rear muffler, the one with the tip attached. Run two pipes for a split rear and two cheap hi-flow n1 style mufflers with silencers on them.

What I was thinking of doing...

Also, I cant get my check engine light off - installed the BUNG to the rear o2 sensor still the check engine light is on (but my car runs perfectly).

Thanks for the reply
Old 01-22-2004, 01:24 PM   #4
Seb656
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2059
What I Drive: SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Seb656 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
hmm is the ORP is easy to put on??? Did yall put it on yourselves?? and I know its illegal to use on the street but would anyone even look for that ?? (when u bring it in for stickers)

"Nitrous is like a hot chick with STDs... You wanna hit it, but you‘re afraid of the consequences."

My SVT Focus is #677 of 3985
Old 01-22-2004, 09:20 PM   #5
SVT ewx ca
Banned

It wasn't that hard to put in, I had a friend of mine do it. The hard part he said was the back of the cat (because we didn't remove the flex pipe like the instr. ask), there was a few bolts up high that needed a adjustible power wrench to work off (exhaust was all rusted). Good mod though, I like it..
Old 01-22-2004, 09:33 PM   #6
R&DSVTZX5
Focus Fanatic

My cheater is on my back O2 sensor, I've not had any problems with a CEL. Check to make sure that it is connected secure enough. If its secure then the only thing I can think of is that you may have a bad cheater.

"Why ask, when the answer you hear is not what you wish to hear, nor the answer you were seeking?"
Old 01-23-2004, 01:30 AM   #7
SVT ewx ca
Banned

R&D You only used one for the rear right? I was looking online somewhere and I saw a add for two of them...ill check mine though...
Old 01-23-2004, 01:25 PM   #8
R&DSVTZX5
Focus Fanatic

I got my ORP from FC, it only come with one cheater. Rear O2 sensor, yes. I just followed the instructions given that was all I did, hubby installed the ORP I plugged up the cheater.

Now I've had my ORP in my SVTF now for well almost a year with no problems or any CEL light. Try this if you have not already. We do this after any install of aftermarket parts. Disconnect your battery, connect back after well lets be safe and say 15 min. This will reset your computer and the CEL may disappear. What may be happening is that your ECU is not reading the cheater. Try the battery thing and see if that works. If not and the cheater is secure, I would call who ever you purchased the ORP from and let them know. Cheater may or may not be bad. I dont know if running two works, to be honest I've not heard of anyone doing that yet.

Man if none of that works then I have no clue, have a code run done and then see what comes up. Heck it may even be something else. Never know. Good luck.

Old 02-04-2004, 10:45 PM   #9
twiggy_Zappa
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 3141
What I Drive: 2002 black svt focus

FF Reputation: 1 twiggy_Zappa Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey im kinda spectal about the offroad pipe, because im running straight pipping right after the cat. THe muffler guy cut off all three mufflers and now i have a magnaflow canister muffler. Im just wondering if i put on the off road pipe is it going to be annoying loud because thats the last thing i want is tobe hassled by the cops again for complaints.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:41 AM   #10
mofocus
mefocuslongtime

Fan#: 5
What I Drive: Beltfed,extra pullified,weeemachine

FF Reputation: 6 mofocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
Originally posted by SVT ewx ca
Well this is my thinking.....

Take off the small rear muffler, the one with the tip attached. Run two pipes for a split rear and two cheap hi-flow n1 style mufflers with silencers on them.
why the heck would you do that? thats just silly

the orp will be loud, its an OFF ROAD PIPE meaning it replaces the cat, you only need a MIL eliminator for the rear 02 sensor as its the only one whose readings will be different

Bookmarks & Social Networks