5.0 or svt? - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Autocross Racing

Autocross Racing The place to discuss information about autocross stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-12-2005, 08:30 AM   #31
graveKisser
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 26776
What I Drive: 2003 red svt

FF Reputation: 1 graveKisser Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Damn what the hell happenend here?

So I see that Im gona have to race them and find out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2005, 11:47 AM   #32
svtfiend
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 22268
What I Drive: 2005 Liquid Grey ST

FF Reputation: 1 svtfiend Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
i didn't mean any disrespect guys, i grew up around 5.0s and they hold a very large place in my heart. i just hear a lot of people crappin all over them (5.slow ring a bell?). you did say his car couldn't make it to school, so i assumed it was in pretty poor shape. i just love fords to death and get kinda defensive, ya know? hey, i remember when i was your age, worked my a$$ off trying to make my car payment, insurance, and pay all the stupid tickets i got from racing on the streets.

for real guys, i'm sorry if i offended you. i didn't think i came off as that much of an a$$. peace out, and remember, FORD POWER!
Old 09-12-2005, 11:54 AM   #33
OneAMRadio
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 25838
What I Drive: 2006 Liquid Grey ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 OneAMRadio Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by SVTkonig
they're slow when they speed up eh? I know your svt could out-handle all of those (unless the 240 guy is a pro drifter in which case he would hand your a$$ to you), but from a dig you'll probably not beat any of those three. windy road man, thats where it's at.
What do you mean if he is a pro drifter he could hand his ass to him?! Drifters dont handle, they over streer. :)

-Ryan

2006 Liqued ZX3 Duratec 2.0L (D20) - Steeda STS, HKS Hi-Power Exhaust
Old 09-12-2005, 12:04 PM   #34
OneAMRadio
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by svtfiend
now we see the full picuture here... ya know, the other day i beat a 93 porsche 911 turbo? sure, its turbo was blown, it only had 3 wheels, and the driver had one leg, but i smoked him from a stop and a roll! whats this place coming to?! how old are you kids and who bought you these damn cars?! you don't just go around braging up that you smoked a 5.0 to a bunch of people who own the same car as you, and no doubt at least a few of us have owned one, if not a few 5.0s in their life. there were in fact very few cars in the late 80's and that could run 14 seconds or under in the 1/4 with little or no modifications. one was the turbo buick regal, and coming in at a close second was the 5.0 h.o. mustang. when the rest of the automotive industry was still struggling to convert to fuel injection, ford was high on the horse, and kicking a$$ at the strip. i think just a few of us would appreciate it if you'd quit knocking a piece of automotive history/technology, just because your buddy has a pile of crap that you happened to beat. i guarantee i could whoop your young a$$ with a 5.0, probably even your buddies if you gave me about an hour with the hood open first. thanks...
Dont you think that is a little brash?

-Ryan

Old 09-12-2005, 02:53 PM   #35
Osiris
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 172
What I Drive: 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

FF Reputation: 1 Osiris Good Standing Member
Please don't take my post to single out blck01.

NO , you did NOT say such things, and I wasn't directing this towards you directly. Nor was I calling anyone in particular a punk, but my arguement stands, and YES, there are punks here and there who DO make such outlandish comments that to me are quite rife with the smell of bovine fecal matter. I said what I said in retort bolink's post about Mustang owner thinking they're high and mighty. I don't think that's the case.
2003 SVT Focus - CD Silver/Red #2822
Appearance'd

2005 Mustang GT - Black/Crimson
Not Stock
Old 09-12-2005, 07:10 PM   #36
graveKisser
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 26776
What I Drive: 2003 red svt

FF Reputation: 1 graveKisser Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by svtfiend
i didn't mean any disrespect guys, i grew up around 5.0s and they hold a very large place in my heart. i just hear a lot of people crappin all over them (5.slow ring a bell?). you did say his car couldn't make it to school, so i assumed it was in pretty poor shape. i just love fords to death and get kinda defensive, ya know? hey, i remember when i was your age, worked my a$$ off trying to make my car payment, insurance, and pay all the stupid tickets i got from racing on the streets.

for real guys, i'm sorry if i offended you. i didn't think i came off as that much of an a$$. peace out, and remember, FORD POWER!
Yeah man I love Fords Im startin work for Ford in oct and I love 5.0s or 5slows ha when they are done right if they are one color but I get sick of seeing ppl racin those cars around thinkin they are all bad. I feel like telling um "you know your like the 10th guy to get on it in that car?" and Im sure it was great for its time but I dont like some of the ppl at my school sayin the 5.0 is the beat engine ever built and braging that they will beat anything in their moded 80s mustang when a dohc 4.6 stock will eat it

But 1960s stangs is where its at id take one over any focus or 5.0 dont take anything personal I dont ha we are all ford fans we should slam on gm and honda

Last edited by graveKisser; 09-12-2005 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:03 PM   #37
Osiris
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 172
What I Drive: 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

FF Reputation: 1 Osiris Good Standing Member
A DOHC 4.6 stock should eat a stock 5 liter, that's a Cobra motor!

;)
2003 SVT Focus - CD Silver/Red #2822
Appearance'd

2005 Mustang GT - Black/Crimson
Not Stock
Old 09-12-2005, 09:39 PM   #38
mustanggt_50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 13592
What I Drive: 2002 Supercharged Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 mustanggt_50 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by graveKisser
and Im sure it was great for its time but I dont like some of the ppl at my school sayin the 5.0 is the beat engine ever built and braging that they will beat anything in their moded 80s mustang when a dohc 4.6 stock will eat it
It was great for its time, still is if you ask me!! Sure its old school technology and uses pushrods etc oppose to a sohc or dohc setup but it still works!

Also the 5.0 is a good engine, it takes very well to mods and has a HUGE aftermarket. There are a few flaws to the 5.0 engine, one being the weakness of the block past a certain power where the 4.6 block will take more (although the stock internals are garbage). There are others but I wont get into it.

And im not trying to be a dick at all, but a modded 5.0 can smack the hell out of a stock (like you mentionned) sohc or even dohc 4.6 Mustang, my lightly modded 5.0 beat newer style GT's all the time. Never got to race a dohc one so I cant speak there, but id likely lose!! lol... But stock for stock the 4.6 should win!! Mod for mod it could go either way, you just never know!!

Oh and ps... I agree with the slamming on Gm and Honda part! haha
Old 09-12-2005, 10:02 PM   #39
OneAMRadio
Focus Enthusiast

I never knew there was a DOHC Mustang motor? I must have missed that, I thought they (4.6L) were all SOHC.

-Ryan

Old 09-12-2005, 10:05 PM   #40
mustanggt_50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 13592
What I Drive: 2002 Supercharged Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 mustanggt_50 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by OneAMRadio
I never knew there was a DOHC Mustang motor? I must have missed that, I thought they (4.6L) were all SOHC.

-Ryan
SOHC = GT
DOHC = Cobra

Bookmarks & Social Networks