stg1 vs full kit - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Exclusive Vendor Discussions > Focus-Power Tuning

Focus-Power Tuning Discuss about forced induction upgrades and performance tuning for your Ford Focus.
Sponsored By: Focus-Power

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-07-2005, 04:53 PM   #1
hkysk8r07
Focus Addict

Fan#: 5957
What I Drive: 00 I-R ZX3/ 07 Reflex Silver GTI

FF Reputation: 1 hkysk8r07 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
stg1 vs full kit

tom i was comapring the two and all i could tell was different is that the full kit is intercooled and has the MIC included with it.
are the turbo's the same size and everything? i was thinking about getting the starter kit but then i noticed that it doesnt come with oil lines and all that stuff to correctly hook everything up.
i would piece together a kit but i'm not sure about getting the correct fittings etc.
i am looking to spend 4000 or less if i can to get a kit that will put out about 230-250 to the wheels on stock internals. i plan on having a 2.5" turbo back exhaust. i have the early2000 intake which came with my car, i plan on either running a 70mmTB or 65. 70 would probably be better. also i plan on getting some cam gears to help with tuning and as for tuning i was planning on going the SCT route and was probably gonna bring my car to focus sport and get it tuned.also i would be using ypour suggested 42lb injectors and 70mm MAF
i see the stg 1 is only putting out about 195. do you think if i add an intercooler to that it will get me the extra 30-50hp? also would i be able to run a BOV instead of wastegate or would that take away from my power? i'm gonna slowly accumulate the parts but i hope to get most of it if not all by the end of january/ mid february. i was also gonna hook up a boost controller (most likely greddy profec-b 1st gen) and get an oil temp and boost gauge as well. i assume that FS should be able to hook all of that up correctly. do you think going to a full 3" would be good or will 2.5 be fine?

i know it's alot of questions but it gonna help me calculate howmuch ill need to work per week while going to school to have everything in a couple months. i could purchase the full kit right now but that really wouldn't be a good idea because then i will be really broke but not in debt. ahh i'm so confused

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2005, 10:34 PM   #2
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 51,320, Level 100
Points: 51,320, Level: 100 Points: 51,320, Level: 100 Points: 51,320, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 32%
Activity: 32% Activity: 32% Activity: 32%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Both kits come ready to install with all lines , fittings , oil pan Etc

Yes the STG1 does have a diff. turbo than the full kit

The STG1 will do from 170 to 205 on 93 and if the tuner knows what he is doing add the intercooler and i have some doing over 300 on 93

To get 230 to 250 you will need the full kit , the full kit with the SCT Pro is 6150.00

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 09-07-2005, 10:39 PM   #3
matt763
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 26941
What I Drive: 01 zx3 turbo nitrous

FF Reputation: 1 matt763 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
get the stage 1 kit and ad an intercooler later if money is a problem, or just go with his full kit even though it's more than youu're looking to spend it comes with everything. Wastegates and a BOV are two different things that I think come with the both kits. Also his full kit is good to 320hp
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of far better men than himself.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:05 AM   #4
hkysk8r07
Focus Addict

what if i buy the turbo an tuning seperately then purchase the starter kit what would i need to complete the setup. i know it will need some sort of oil lines but will i need to get gaskets and hoses to piece together the piping?

and matt thats for trying to help but stage 1 will not be for me because it will take alot more work and tuning to get me to my goal and i will only be using 91 since thats all i can get in CA.
i've looked into both kits and for my engine to get 320 on the full kit i will need stronger rods/pistons and a ported head which i dont want to deal with
the precision kit looks like it would fit me perfectly but i really dont know if i would want that. the way it comes it has a tuning option for 87 and the components that come with it look like it wont do too well with 91. maybe i'll go with their kit and just switch to bigger injectors smaller MAF and then use the SCT pro racer to tune it. i'm so confused.

tom what if i had you put together a stg1 kit with an intercooler and tuning with the SCT do you think that it would price out to be the same as the precision kit that CFM has to offer??
Old 09-08-2005, 08:16 AM   #5
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 51,320, Level 100
Points: 51,320, Level: 100 Points: 51,320, Level: 100 Points: 51,320, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 32%
Activity: 32% Activity: 32% Activity: 32%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
The PE kit DOES NOT have a 87 tune that is for suckers to think of buying there kit , I called them 2 years ago and asked about the 87 tune and was told it was a misprint yet it still hasent been changed on there

There are a LOT of issues better about my kit than the PE kit and it would cost you MORE to make the PE kit perform to what my kit will do out of the box

As for either kit running on 91 that is up to your tuner

To peice my kit togather cost more than in the full kit

My kit is a quality kit , that cost more money , There is a reason my kit does what it does and works the way it does and it is because of all the time spent on it , all the changes that get made everytime i see something that will be better/safer and why every other kit out there is the same now or less that when it was released

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 09-08-2005, 01:07 PM   #6
hkysk8r07
Focus Addict

ok tom thanks for the help i'll be in touch later this year hopefully

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.