Connecting an iPod to the factory Blau radio - Page 10 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-11-2008, 03:27 PM   #91
hatman
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 52790
What I Drive: 2001 Ocean blue 5 door

FF Reputation: 1 hatman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I know this is an old thread, but I've been watching it for over two years now in hopes to find a *working* solution to get an AUX input for my Ford factory Blaupunkt HU. I have spent countless hours in the web reading through forums (like this) and on the phone with different technicians and essentially came to the same conclusion that syminguy did - and pretty much gave up.
Nevertheless I really like the Factory Blau HU.
Here's what I have tried:
  1. wireless FM modulator - crapy quality, messy wires - just bad
  2. Aftermarket HU - does not fit in with the interior, flashy and appeals to thieves
  3. Wired FM Modulator - not as crappy as wireless but not flawless - somewhat comfortable
The last one is what I'm currently using with the Factory Blaupunkt HU. I recently saw something that sparked a tiny little hope. Parrot is a manufacturer of aftermarket bluetooth handsfree units that plug directly into your car speakers and the other end to your HU for passthrough signal from the HU.
What was interesting to me was the application. The unit mutes your car audio and then uses your car speakers so you can hear the caller. The radio doesn't even have to be on, nince apparently it's got a amp or something that will allow it to use the speakers directly.
Why does this have anything to do with AUX input? Well, I was just thinking that if instead of using the Bluetooth module (input from your phone), isn't there something like this just with an AUX input that plugs directly to your car speakers and when there is audio coming from the AUX it mutes your car HU signal.

This may be a waste of time or a dumb attempt since I really do not know much about car audio. But if anyone has any suggestions for products or better yet has any experience - I'm all ears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2008, 05:17 PM   #92
Willis24
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 50815
What I Drive: '00 Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Willis24 Good Standing Member
Any thoughts on the iPod2Car system?
Old 03-01-2008, 06:11 PM   #93
Fobus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3677
What I Drive: 04 ZTW 2.3L 5-speed, sport package

FF Reputation: 1 Fobus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Another revival - Hatman, in another thread I saw the PIE FRDC adapter does work with the Blaupunkt radio. Our "Blaupunkts" use Ford protocal but have Blaupunkt connectors.
Someone bought the PIE FRDC, removed the Ford connector and soldered on a Blaupunkt connector and it works. We just need to know where to get the Blaupunkt connector. Mine looks like it a 20-pin. Also need to know how to wire it or be very savvy with the VOM.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #94
jdtro
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 83776
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 jdtro Good Standing Member
I apologize for ressurrecting such an old thread.

I purchased the PAC aai-frdfc based on suggestions, but the previous poster is correct. The connectors do not match my head unit (wish I saw this before). Is anyone familiar with the wiring of ford vs blaupunkt connectors? I wouldn't mind trying to convert mine. I've found a schematic for the unit, but not the for the plug the frdfc is equipped with.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #95
jdtro
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 83776
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 jdtro Good Standing Member
If anyone comes across this thread like I did, here are the two links I used to figure out how to rewire our Blaupunkt. I had contacted PAC, but they wouldn't help me since their products are meant to be "plug n play only".

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/a...5&d=1068701601
http://www.tehnomagazin.com/Auto-rad...-Connector.htm

I came across this thread after I was done, incase the above links don't work in the future, he mentions his pinout. (His pin out has the left and right channels backwards, oh well, just reverse your RCA cables and it won't matter)
http://forums.focaljet.com/ice-car-e...d-03-svtf.html

Good luck, I couldn't find pins to use our blank wire harness on the back of our system. I gave up and mixed graphite powder with jbweld and just glued my wiring on to the back of the radio. Crappy solution, just means I'll have to pull out the FRDFC along with the radio if I need to do anything else on the back.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:59 PM   #96
quietcoolone
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91237
What I Drive: 2003, Black

FF Reputation: 1 quietcoolone Good Standing Member
harness for blaupunkt radios

posted this on another focus forum-- hopefully it will help anyone else looking for a non-FM modulated solution for auxiliary input or iPod adapter:
purchase the Pxhblau harness for the aux2car and ipod2car

or the FRDB-HAR harness for the PIE Frdw-aux, frdwpc-pod

Bookmarks & Social Networks