Brucktown = Seller Fraud - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 04:46 PM   #51
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Yeah if you get a second Tim, please give us an update on your 'home' situation.... hopefully your wife has 'chilled' over this......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2005, 05:37 PM   #52
Poney
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 4767
What I Drive: 07 F one-fiddy

FF Reputation: 8 Poney Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Yo Tim, that totally sucks man. I hope you got everything squared away, especiall with the wifey. Shes luck to be married to someone as cool as you. You handeled this like a calm, mature adult. Cant say i would have done the same. I think i would have been planning a road trip myself...

Old 09-28-2005, 08:56 AM   #53
S2
Retired Fanatic

Wonder if those are the rims you were planning on buying there Tim?

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/ind...howtopic=13517

You have to have an account on that site to see the thread, but if not, here is the 'posting'.....

POSTED BY RAINE (yesterday 11:59pm).... Sighting: Brucktown

Lovin the new rims man.. that was me that passed you on the 401 going west around 8:30 this morning.

Old 09-28-2005, 09:16 AM   #54
Poney
Focus Fanatic

oh man, i hope not. that would suck

Old 09-28-2005, 09:33 AM   #55
S2
Retired Fanatic

No some guy on FC.net mentioned that those are his NEW rims (via PM to me on there). Either way, strange....

Apparently he's selling those rims on that site also....

Old 09-28-2005, 02:08 PM   #56
darkpuppet
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 15731
FF Reputation: 1 darkpuppet Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I love how wildfires start on the internet...

Someone brought this to my attention over at FC as well, but whatever, I'm going to throw my 2 cents in here, before this fight tries to move to FC as well.

Brucktown obviously made mistakes in using his buddy's account, and not taking more personal responsibility for his buddy's actions. But he also did have the right to ask for more money to ship if the original quote was wrong. Of course, it was also the buyer's perogative to cancel the sale and receive a full refund in a timely manner. And that's end of story.

But then it devolves into a childish name calling, vapid threat making, and a bunch of people generally acting like peacocks strutting their feathers for best of show.

never mind anything regarding caveat emptor, but go straight into accusing the seller and making threats... .if you're trying to build a legal case, this is probably NOT the way to go about it.

And then chasing him down to other sites on the web is equally retarded. The issue now is getting the money back to the buyer, and that's all we should be expecting from this at this point... not building it up into a big episode of matlock.

I know it's a big inconvenience for both parties at this point, but saying one defrauded the other this early on into a botched transaction is a bit premature.

That, and I hate to say this Tim, but if this sort of thing risks a marriage, you have other issues to deal with than just brucktown.

I'm not standing up for Brucktown, that's the last thing i'm doing, as it's his mistakes that got him into this, but I honestly think lesser of the lynch mob you're building up.

Old 09-28-2005, 02:12 PM   #57
S2
Retired Fanatic

I appreciate you popping in on here Darkpuppet. Yeah there have seem some things that shouldn't have been said on here but there's alot of 'excuses' that provoked them. I definitely had no intent for it to spill into FC.net, none whatsoever but buyers on that site should be aware of this and I'm glad someone mentioned it to you.

Old 09-28-2005, 02:18 PM   #58
darkpuppet
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 15731
FF Reputation: 1 darkpuppet Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by S2
I appreciate you popping in on here Darkpuppet. Yeah there have seem some things that shouldn't have been said on here but there's alot of 'excuses' that provoked them. I definitely had no intent for it to spill into FC.net, none whatsoever but buyers on that site should be aware of this and I'm glad someone mentioned it to you.
I've been trying really hard to keep things like the seller's forum under a tight leash at FC, and I'm equally suspicious of 'excuses', but this is the first I've ever heard of such problems. Maybe that biases me because it makes this particular transaction appear more the aberration than the norm.

Regardless, if an irate customer started kicking up a fuss at a store, they'd be kicked out on their asses. Why doing it on the internet automatically makes the seller a criminal without due process puzzles me.

I hope Tim gets his money back soon, and I hope Brucktown has learned his lesson from all of this.

Old 09-28-2005, 02:46 PM   #59
Poney
Focus Fanatic

does everyone on FC use words like " aberration" and "biases" ?? Im not going there unless i have my thesauras handy !!

Old 09-28-2005, 02:47 PM   #60
S2
Retired Fanatic

Haha, that's just Darkpuppet, he's a genius along with being the new ADMIN on FocusCanada.

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks