Brucktown = Seller Fraud - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 08:20 AM   #1
eazyrider_tim
Focus Addict

Fan#: 7011
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES Gloss Black

FF Reputation: 2 eazyrider_tim Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Thumbs down Brucktown = Seller Fraud

ok, I bought an intake from the ForSale = no problems
set of 17"s on here = no problems

Bought another set from a guy, Brucktown.........he said shippign would be 60.00 plus 180 for the rims, 245.00 no problem, we paypal him the money..........to his friends account because he doesn't have a paypal account. Kinda fishy from the start but I choose to send him the moeny anyway because I have all his info.

Send him the money, he gets it out the next day, no problem....all of a sudden he calls me saying the money never went thru, I check my wifes account/paypal....he took the money out. Then all of a sudden he says shipping is going to be 60.00 more. So, we ask for our money back.

So he does a week long song and dance about his buddy owed money to paypal so they took it out and the balance was only 37.00 blah blah, then he's going out of town for a week and that I should just wait.....then after I keep calling him, he sends us an echeck thru paypal which promptly bounces.

So, he still owes us 245.00 US and we talked to paypal, we have a claim, its going to come out his buddies account once its "investigated" further.

So avoid buying from this gentleman.....I have all emails and messenger sessions saved, so I hope he comes here trying to defend his incompentance and scams.

Feel free to send him an email..........here's the last response I got from him.

To: eazyrider_tim@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Paypal Fraud
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 19:33:48 -0400

it's not up to me it's up to my buddies paypal who you were using. talk to him cus i don't give a [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]* anymore you have been a big bitch about the situation, wizzelt@hotmail.com. talk to him on msn, he has full intentions of paying you. and i thought the money was going to be automatically taken back from that account anyways

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2005, 09:08 AM   #2
brucktown
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 934
What I Drive: ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 brucktown Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
hahaha this is really funny, the guy was too cheap to send an extra 40$ for shipping because the price quote i got earlier was quoted wrong. I had to use my buddies paypal account cus i don't have one. Money was owing on his account and when the transfer went through it went to pay off moey owing, so when cheapskate wanted his money back it was a hassle cus the money already got used to pay off my buddies paypal. This problem is being reckified but it took a little longer then it should

all in all this dude was a big baby and thats that.

Old 09-06-2005, 09:17 AM   #3
SVT_BMXer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11226
What I Drive: 1991 BMW 318is

FF Reputation: 20 SVT_BMXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
if you had told him shipping was $60 and then told him after he sent the payment that it would cost an extra $40, why should he have to pay that? You had already told him it was $60, i wouldnt have paid the extra either.

Current:1991 BMW 318is: Bilstein sports, H&R springs, TMS chip, UUC short shifter, dyna-max muffler

Old 09-06-2005, 09:30 AM   #4
eazyrider_tim
Focus Addict

agreed, here is a recent email he sent to me....not trying to just make you look bad, I want my WIFES money back, its not even my money.

hahah you are the biggest pansy, and you aren't very understanding. the only reason why anything got [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] up in this transaction was because my buddy had money oweing on his paypal account which he forgot about and when the payment was sent it went right to that. I had nothing to do with that and if he hadn't have had money oweing then you would have got the money back that day. so that is not my fault whatsoever. enjoy writing a page on me cus i really don't care, 99% of ff is american and of no us to me. I thought i would be nice and see if anyone wanted to buy these rims at a really cheap price cus i don't need them. Does it suck that the paypal tranfer got screwed up yes, are you gonna get your money back, yes, did it take a while yes, but noone lost any money.
Maybe in the future instead of demanding money right away you let the other person try and get it to you with out being a big baby. If it wasn't for him oweing money on his paypal you would have got it back the next day. If i had known that he was owing money i wouldn't have done it over paypal.

either way i don't care what you write about me on ff cus i will write something equally true about you

so enjoy yourself have a coke and a smile

Old 09-06-2005, 09:48 AM   #5
revamp
Cashed in my chips

Fan#: 8133
What I Drive: notafocus

FF Reputation: 4 revamp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
i don't know....a quoted shipping price is a quoted shipping price, but if I were selling a set of wheels for what is already a killer price, I don't think I would want to eat an additional $60 because of a bad estimate. If I were the seller, I would have contacted the buyer and offered to split the additional charges, or if that was unsatisfactory, I would have cancelled the sale. Either way, there is no reason to be name-calling in all of this. Grow up.

PS--paypal accounts are free...get your own.

Old 09-06-2005, 09:54 AM   #6
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Yeah I agree with the majority on this thread as well. I've sold alot of items on this site, well more then my 15 items in the positive range in the feedback area. It's up to the seller to get a proper shipping quote. If the seller 'guesses' or 'estimates' the total amount for shipping and it ends up being more, it's really on the sellers shoulders.

Revamp is right as well, paypal is completely free so using a different account and getting stuck with that accounts problems isn't an excuse. It does suck if you didn't know about that but don't blame the issues on that when as mentioned, you could have just made a new account with paypal yourself.

At the very least, your refunding the money at least, that's a good thing......

Old 09-06-2005, 10:39 AM   #7
eazyrider_tim
Focus Addict

Its been 3 weeks, even if he walked the cash here to Texas, it would be here by now, I don't like handing people out interest free loans because they are low on cash.

Old 09-06-2005, 10:42 AM   #8
revamp
Cashed in my chips

Fan#: 8133
What I Drive: notafocus

FF Reputation: 4 revamp Good Standing Member
3 WEEKS!

Yeah, I'd be acting "like a little bitch", too if someone had my money for that long.

Old 09-06-2005, 11:00 AM   #9
pio
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 198
What I Drive: 2012 Black Mustnag GT

FF Reputation: 2 pio Good Standing Member
take this to pm guys...

Old 09-06-2005, 11:02 AM   #10
eazyrider_tim
Focus Addict

take what to pm, the reason I posted was to prevent anyone else from getting screwed because he's acting like its been resolved in his active for sale thread.

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks