Broken rear coild spring; Is there a recall? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-31-2005, 11:27 AM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 24718
FF Reputation: 1 337 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Broken rear coild spring; Is there a recall?

Hi, I have a 2000 Focus sedan with the Zetec engine.

I have a broken coil spring in the rear. I read that Ford was replacing broken front springs but I searched and could not find if they are doing the same for the rears.

Anyone know?

BTW, There is no more warranty left on the car.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2005, 11:33 AM   #2
turboed00focuszx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17952
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 turboed00focuszx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
there isnt a recall as of yet on the rear springs only the front ones. I havent personally heard of the back ones breaking, I had a front one break on my fiances car.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:16 PM   #3
Lil PZEV
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 242
What I Drive: 2003 TwiBlue 2.3 ZX3

FF Reputation: 15 Lil PZEV Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
I haven't heard of the rears either.

I found this on nhtsa.com:
Quote:
Make: FORD
Model: FOCUS
Type: ANY
Year: 2000
Recall Number: 01I017000
Summary:
THIS IS NOT A SAFETY RECALL IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE SAFETY ACT. HOWEVER, IT IS DEEMED A SAFETY IMPROVEMENT CAMPAIGN BY THE AGENCY. VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: 2000-2001 FORD FOCUS PASSENGER VEHICLES, ORIGINALLY SOLD OR CURRENTLY REGISTERED IN THE STATES OF CONNECTICUT, DELAWARE, ILLINOIS, INDIANA, IOWA, KENTUCKY, MAINE, MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETTS, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, MISSOURI, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, OHIOM, PENNSYLVANIA, RHODE ISLAND, VERMONT, WEST VIRGINIA, AND WISCONSIN. IN HIGH CORROSION AREAS, WHERE SALT IS USED ON ROADWAYS IN THE WINTER, THE REAR WHEEL BEARING SEAL RACE CAN EXPERIENCE SURFACE CORROSION. IF THIS CONDITION OCCURS, THE WHEEL BEARING SEALS COULD BECOME DAMAGED AND ALLOW CONTAMINATION TO ENTER THE WHEEL BEARINGS.
Consequence:
THE WHEEL BEARINGS COULD PREMATURELY WEAR AND CAUSE A NOTICEABLE NOISE. IF NOT REPAIRED, THIS CONDITION COULD PROGRESS TO THE POINT WHERE THE WHEEL BEGINS TO WOBBLE.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE REAR WHEEL BEARINGS AT NO COST TO THE CONSUMER. ADDITIONAL BEARING SEALS WILL ALSO BE INSTALLED TO ENSURE A SMOOTH RIDE. THIS PROGRAM WILL BE IN EFFECT UNTIL DECEMBER 31, 2002, REGARDLESS OF MILEAGE. EVEN IF THE VEHICLE HAS ALREADY BEEN SERVICED UNDER RECALL CAMPAIGN 00S31, FORD HAS TAKEN ADDITIONAL STEPS TO KEEP THE WHEEL BEARINGS IN TOP SHAPE. OWNERS CAN CONTACT FORD AT 1-866-436-7332, CONCERNING THIS PROGRAM.
Notes:
FORD HAS DECIDED TO CONDUCT A SERVICE CAMPAIGN TO REPLACE THE REAR WHEEL BEARINGS. OWNERS CAN CONTACT FORD AT 1-866-436-7332, CONCERNING THIS PROGRAM.
Not the spring, but related to harsh weather and rear suspension!? Maybe the bearing went out?

Bookmarks & Social Networks