New Project: SVT header (56K change your oil) - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-15-2005, 04:03 PM   #41
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 9775
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver ZX3, 1993 Coral Reef Blue 5.0 LX Coupe Mustang, 2005 Windveil Blue V6 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 kenpokid Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
They stay on to ensure that wrap stays tight. They are stainless, so I dont think I have anything to worry about.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2005, 04:23 PM   #42
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver ZX3, 1993 Coral Reef Blue 5.0 LX Coupe Mustang, 2005 Windveil Blue V6 Mustang

The header is in, and the cat is on, just not tightened. All 02 sensors and EGR and dipstick are on. I had a third bung welded in before my cat to accurately measure air fuels for tuning. But my dad and I are sitting here waiting on the UPS man to drop off the flex-pipe gaskets and bolts, we would have had this done at like 2:00 we started at 11...but hardware hasn't come yet I saw a UPS truck - go by - my house,lol...hopefully he comes back this way. BTW: started the car up with just the header, holy crap is it loud, but it isnt ricey, was very deep, I am hoping it isnt as loud with it all bolted up to the Borla. Will be done in the next hour or so hopefully...will get pics up and will get sound clips
Old 09-20-2005, 04:56 PM   #43
microtonal
FF #1 Most Wanted

Fan#: 470
What I Drive: 2012 GTI, 2014 Forester XT

FF Reputation: 12 microtonal Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Well, the jet hot coating does look nice under the hood and they coat the inside as well as the outside of the header.

Click here
Old 09-20-2005, 08:16 PM   #44
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

yea, i know it looks good, but so does header wrap, I will have pics up soon, the battery died on the camera. Car pulls a lot better and the PCM hasn't even fully adapted yet. I feel a lot of the power up top, and little bit more torque throughout the entire rpm range. Sounds pretty decent too, wasn't as loud as I thought it would be. Idle is very quiet, sounds just like it did with the stock header. Hit about 2500 and it the noise gets loud, but not raspy, sounds rallyish, I will have to post a clip up of it.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:40 AM   #45
TM3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 16784
What I Drive: 2004 EAP SVTF

FF Reputation: 3 TM3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Glad to hear you got your header on. Did you have any problems with the install? I could tell a HUGE difference after I put mine on. I lost a little power in the low-end, but I gained an assload in the top-end. She'll pull like a bat outta hell after 3k RPMS.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:24 AM   #46
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

yea, the trubendz flex-pipe wasn't fitting correct. My dad and I were pissed. So we just bolted it up anyway and it lined apparently, cuz after some hard datalogging runs there are no leaks anywhere. Yea, I feel it a lot after about 3K, the loss of low end power can be fixed by some low end timing, which is what my tuner is going to do for me. The rest of it was alright, the EGR was slightly a pain, but not much...we just unbolted the whole valve to get it out. Getting all the bolts and studs on the header was a pain on a few, but we got them, sounds nice, I will post a vid here soon, I am starting school next monday so I will be kinda busy.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:01 PM   #47
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

CLICK ME!!! SVT Header + RT High flo Cat + Trubendz SS 2.25 Flex + 2.5 in Borla = loud

lol...it isnt that loud...the only time it makes that buzz sound is when I am rapping the throttle hard like i did...I am susprised it stayed deep like it did. Doesnt sound too bad IMO.

Also, excuse the exhaust milking, I thought it was pretty funny how it got all over the camera.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:05 PM   #48
BlackNRed01
Boost?

Fan#: 21668
What I Drive: 2001 ZX3 MTX

FF Reputation: 4 BlackNRed01 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
it sounds awesome!

Boosted & Back: Parting Out
Old 09-21-2005, 06:10 PM   #49
DareDevil03
Across the Pond

Fan#: 13938
What I Drive: 2001 Nissan Primera (UK Spec)

Points 5,115, Level 45
Points: 5,115, Level: 45 Points: 5,115, Level: 45 Points: 5,115, Level: 45
Level Up 83% Completed
Level up: 83% Level up: 83% Level up: 83%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 DareDevil03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Nice. Almost sounds like mine. I love that part when you reved it and all of the moisture flew on the cam.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:41 PM   #50
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

thanks, I wish it wasnt so raspy, but at least I still have the borla deepness. I will get used to it, I did it for horsepower not sound...sound can be a benefit or burden, in this case I have both, lol.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.